Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ikarus

Why is the combination of cypro and bicalutamide a failure? Does Testosterone increase by positive feedback?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ikarus

Why is the combination of cypro and bicalutamide a failure? Does Testosterone increase by positive feedback?

I’m not entirely sure about the scientific stuff behind it, however I’m basing my opinion on someone who had tried higher doses of CPA with bica

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pointless discussions. It doesnt matter wether your block the ARs or wipe out your testosterone. The result is the same. You can have 5000ng/dl in your blood, but when all receptors are blocked by bicalutamide, you will have libido issues nonetheless. And if your dick works despite the absence of androgen-activated AR-activity, then you have alien genetics. Some people can work with low amounts of androgens in the body, but no male can have working erections or libido with zero androgen activity in the body.

Your testosterone levels dont matter, stop looking at them. What matters is AR-activation. Hormones in itself dont do anything until they bind to receptors. Bicalutamide overpowers testosterone and DHT by such a huge magnitude (thousands x times), you will have your desired effects on the hair.
Personally, i would rather block ARs then mess with the testosterone production itself. Your testes have difficulty recovering from a shutdown, evident by what every steroid user experiences. And yes, spironolacton is weak. It has a very low binding affinity. I would use finasteride or dutasteride and bicalutamide. Bica can easily compete with DHT, and much much easier with testosterone.

There is no need whatsoever to mess with your testosterone production. None

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pointless discussions. It doesnt matter wether your block the ARs or wipe out your testosterone. The result is the same. You can have 5000ng/dl in your blood, but when all receptors are blocked by bicalutamide, you will have libido issues nonetheless. And if your dick works despite the absence of androgen-activated AR-activity, then you have alien genetics. Some people can work with low amounts of androgens in the body, but no male can have working erections or libido with zero androgen activity in the body.

Your testosterone levels dont matter, stop looking at them. What matters is AR-activation. Hormones in itself dont do anything until they bind to receptors. Bicalutamide overpowers testosterone and DHT by such a huge magnitude (thousands x times), you will have your desired effects on the hair.
Personally, i would rather block ARs then mess with the testosterone production itself. Your testes have difficulty recovering from a shutdown, evident by what every steroid user experiences. And yes, spironolacton is weak. It has a very low binding affinity. I would use finasteride or dutasteride and bicalutamide. Bica can easily compete with DHT, and much much easier with testosterone.

There is no need whatsoever to mess with your testosterone production. None

I mean, the main reason why people want to mess with their testosterone levels is due to constantly changing their AAs. No one on this website can seem to stick to one AA, and if they’re using bica alone, there is no going back unless you want to suffer with steroids-like effects...

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, the main reason why people want to mess with their testosterone levels is due to constantly changing their AAs. No one on this website can seem to stick to one AA, and if they’re using bica alone, there is no going back unless you want to suffer with steroids-like effects...
This and because it allows taking a lower dose of bica. I would personally feel safer on 25-50 mg of bica than 100-150 mg.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After viewing this thread, part of me wants to try estrogen. Would estrogel be beneficial if applied to the hairline?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After viewing this thread, part of me wants to try estrogen. Would estrogel be beneficial if applied to the hairline?

Oestrogel is intended to go systemic don't think that you can avoid systemic side effects by applying it just on regions of hair loss.

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if a person removes their boobs with surgery, if they use a trans regimen, will their boobs grow again?

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a tube of estrogel. I might as well put it on my hairline. I don't mind it going systemic at all. But im wondering if placing the gel on my hairline would be more beneficial than placing it elsewhere to be absorbed.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
This and because it allows taking a lower dose of bica. I would personally feel safer on 25-50 mg of bica than 100-150 mg.
Bica is not magical. You will need to take high levels of Bica to block higher T levels. Many girls when transitioning start with chemical castration drugs especially in Europe where Cypro is legal then when levels are more acceptable switch to Bica and sometimes overlap the two while Bica needs time to build up. I have some admiration for Dr Powell and his method to avoid CPA at all cost but everything is not so simple. Bica as a monotherapy sucks. You will need E to balance. If you are going thru a trans regimen for the main purpose of solely regaining hair you are on for some memorable surprises. Balancing hormones and their effect on your body is a difficult act and never side effect free. Let's be real, there is no free lunch. Whomever believes they can just regrow with E, Bica, and/or CPA and look like Ronaldo in hair and body specs is completely nuts.

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@John Difool
I already had the gland removed ... with cyprus, would my tits only grow again?
upload_2020-6-9_2-2-42.png

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
@John Difool
I already had the gland removed ... with cyprus, would my tits only grow again?
View attachment 143323

I don't know everyone is different. A friend of mine got gyno from smoking marijuana had a surgery and never quit smoking. Boobs are back so it's not as permanent as some people will make you believe. It can and has shown to come back. If yours don't then good on you. But taking AA or E you should assume that risk.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
B941073D-9101-4331-AF47-8962A570828A.jpeg 7D98E8C2-B14A-47B3-8531-FEECE32C7CCC.jpeg C94214D1-2AF0-4BCE-B591-6E9090E2BEB7.jpeg
Oral minoxidil is low key making it really hard for me to evaluate whether or not my temples are receding. Minoxidil makes me grow hair sparsely all the way down from my temple to my eyebrows so it’s hard to tell whether I’m looking at minoxidil hairs that I would expect to be thin or my own miniaturizing hair.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 143335 View attachment 143336 View attachment 143337
Oral minoxidil is low key making it really hard for me to evaluate whether or not my temples are receding. Minoxidil makes me grow hair sparsely all the way down from my temple to my eyebrows so it’s hard to tell whether I’m looking at minoxidil hairs that I would expect to be thin or my own miniaturizing hair.

Lmao, an here we have another fullheaded idiot who is taking strong and unnecessary drugs to stop his imaginary hairloss, unbelievable the amount of mental illnesses on this forum is amazing... In the meantime i'm losing all my hair and afraid to take propecia and these freaks are castrating themselves with fullheads of hair lmao, mind blowing

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a tube of estrogel. I might as well put it on my hairline. I don't mind it going systemic at all. But im wondering if placing the gel on my hairline would be more beneficial than placing it elsewhere to be absorbed.

Apply it to your bum or thighs.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the past few pages have led me to believe that the HRT isn't as all encompassing as it was at the beginning. I mean if its still on minoxidil for most of the regrowth like everyone is saying then is the only benefit of estrogen to just help deal with AR binding?

What exactly is the mechanism behind minoxidil and why does it seem to be so much better orally than topically?