Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am dealing with minoxidil sides using Eflora cream. @Ikarus what's your regimen now? Still on Spironolactone?

Ikarus sometimes has troubles getting on here so i'll just tell you his regimen, it's

50mg bica
2mg estradiol
0.5mg dutasteride
5mg oral minoxidil

He stopped spironolactone due to sides, plus i think he think bica is superior anyway.

Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ikarus sometimes has troubles getting on here so i'll just tell you his regimen, it's
He stopped spironolactone due to sides, plus i think he think bica is superior anyway.

What kind of sides? since im on spironolactone

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I thought I’d do an update on my hair... I’ve been on oral minoxidil for almost 4 months, and things are improving. Main sides from oral minoxidil have been hypertrichosis; I’ve been growing a lot of hair on my forehead. On the bright side, I’m an NW0. I’m mainly just waiting for my frontal to thicken, then I’ll be entirely content with my results.
Can you post a photo update? I am glad that you are reaching your goals.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am dealing with minoxidil sides using Eflora cream. @Ikarus what's your regimen now? Still on Spironolactone?

I stopped using spironolactone around a year ago, I think

Can you post a photo update? I am glad that you are reaching your goals.

I would but knowing the people on this website, and how they like to attempt to humiliate people on such a regimen, I think it’s best not to, for now.
What kind of sides? since im on spironolactone

Vertigo, feeling unwell, nausea, etc.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Glad to hear from you @Ikarus I remember you feeling very anxious about results a while back. Happy to hear things are working out for you.

DiffuseSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped using spironolactone around a year ago, I think

I would but knowing the people on this website, and how they like to attempt to humiliate people on such a regimen, I think it’s best not to, for now.

Vertigo, feeling unwell, nausea, etc.

Hey, I'm looking for advice. I'm currently been on dutasteride for 7 months now. It's hard to say if it's helped or not but my hairline seems to be receding. Although my hair seems to look better than when I was on finasteride.

Idk if the receding hairline is from dutasteride shed or just general receding that dutasteride can't prevent. So I'm thinking of adding oral Min and seeing if that will regrow the hairline. Should I add the Min or wait at least 12 months on dutasteride ?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to figure out if you are shedding or if the hair that are falling are miniaturizing. Are you diffuse thinner or is your hairline receeding? If you are on Duta and still receeding then you need to up the AA (eg RU) and start microneedling. minoxidil will not stop Androgenetic Alopecia but you can add it topical with the Follica protocol (check other thread). I would add RU to minoxidil both 5%, apply morning and evening then see what's happening.

EDIT: it's not like you just realized you are balding so what was your hair loss pattern before you switch to Duta and how long ago where you on Fina?

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrone, Estradiol, and spironolactone

hrt.PNG

DiffuseSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to figure out if you are shedding or if the hair that are falling are miniaturizing. Are you diffuse thinner or is your hairline receeding? If you are on Duta and still receeding then you need to up the AA (eg RU) and start microneedling. minoxidil will not stop Androgenetic Alopecia but you can add it topical with the Follica protocol (check other thread). I would add RU to minoxidil both 5%, apply morning and evening then see what's happening.

EDIT: it's not like you just realized you are balding so what was your hair loss pattern before you switch to Duta and how long ago where you on Fina?

My Hairloss pattern is diffuse thinning. I was on finasteride for a year before switching to dutasteride. The first few months my hair felt thicker on dutasteride and hair fall seemed to have dropped a lot. Then I started noticing the hair fall go back to normal, the same amount I'd get when I was on finasteride. The hair I lost on finasteride was mostly thin and small. I've now got similar hair fall on dutasteride. However I've been noticing some thick short hairs as well. and some being less than an inch but look thick. I never took baseline pics of my hairline but it looks like the left side has receded a bit. I'm seeing a lot of baby hairs so it could maybe have been a shed?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the type of regrowth I am aspiring to. Then you patch the rest with a FUE and keep all your regrowth with maintenance. Except maintenance may be staying on E bica and AA till death.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started my new routine trying to combine bicalutamide and CPA to limit side effects about a week ago. Unfortunately delayed shipments have complicated what was supposed to be a more slow and methodical process. I’m almost out of bicalutamide so I’m taking 25mg CPA and 50mg bicalutamide daily for now but soon that’s going to turn into just 25mg CPA daily. I’ve experienced acne, more oily skin, and it seems like my libido is increasing. It’s hard to tell if hair fall has increased as well or if I’m just more paranoid about it. Ever since I cut my hair short my thinning spots have become much more obvious. I’m pretty terrified by these side effects because it makes me think I’m losing ground, but I’m hoping it’s just a phase of adjustment like the one I had when I switched from Spironolactone to bicalutamide monotherapy. Hopefully CPA can give me the results I’m looking for because it’s my last option before I’m forced to start taking estrogen, and I’m not sure I’m willing to do that.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m also in disbelief that no AA to date has impacted my extremely oily scalp and awful dandruff. It certainly wasn’t the reason I started more aggressive treatment, but how the hell could 100mg of bicalutamide daily + nizoral not treat my dandruff? My body makes no sense.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m also in disbelief that no AA to date has impacted my extremely oily scalp and awful dandruff. It certainly wasn’t the reason I started more aggressive treatment, but how the hell could 100mg of bicalutamide daily + nizoral not treat my dandruff? My body makes no sense.
Thats indeed weird man. but nizoral treats only a special kind of fungus on your scalp (and its side effect which is dandruff). Your dandruff might be happening for a reason not related to a fungus, androgens or oil.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is tilted the same way in the second photo. It's still thicker on the sides, but he has full coverage on top in the last pic. Considering he started at slick bald on 99% of his scalp I think that's amazing. The paper even calls it near full regrowth.
Stop with the nonsense my friend, the red shows what part of his head is in the last photo. He had modest thickening on top with what looks like a bit of a comb over with that clump of hair coming from the right side, but nothing to jump for joy about, like bridgeburn:

upload_2020-5-24_11-40-9.png

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine the possibilities of having access to early treatments without waiting for some phase 3 trial results and reporting progress to the community. That's exciting and precu

Pm me if you want to subscribe to my Discord channel.
I started my new routine trying to combine bicalutamide and CPA to limit side effects about a week ago. Unfortunately delayed shipments have complicated what was supposed to be a more slow and methodical process. I’m almost out of bicalutamide so I’m taking 25mg CPA and 50mg bicalutamide daily for now but soon that’s going to turn into just 25mg CPA daily. I’ve experienced acne, more oily skin, and it seems like my libido is increasing. It’s hard to tell if hair fall has increased as well or if I’m just more paranoid about it. Ever since I cut my hair short my thinning spots have become much more obvious. I’m pretty terrified by these side effects because it makes me think I’m losing ground, but I’m hoping it’s just a phase of adjustment like the one I had when I switched from Spironolactone to bicalutamide monotherapy. Hopefully CPA can give me the results I’m looking for because it’s my last option before I’m forced to start taking estrogen, and I’m not sure I’m willing to do that.

I started with spironolactone & CPA while taking E. Then switched to Bica and E. Lost ground, re-added CPA to keep Bica at reasonable daily intake. Now considering going back to spironolactone and keeping CPA.

I don't think Bica worked well for me. If I have to take CPA I may as well use Spyro. Measuring T levels with Bica seems impossible. I also worry that I need to up E & AA too much because of its mechanism.

Has anyone experienced regrowth on Bica. Even @bridgeburn was using Spyro at the beginning and then switched to Bica after regain. Anyone else care to chime in?