Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Hi, I haven't posted here for about 6 months but here's an update from me.

As a reminder, I've been on HRT for 12 months using the regimen below. For the first 10 months, I achieved some vellus hair regrowth and my hair loss slowed down, but for the last 2 months, I'm experiencing a terrible shedding phase where I'm losing about 250 hairs every day. Over the last 2 months, my hair has thinned really badly at the crown and receded at the front. I didn't change anything in terms of dosage or source of my meds over this period so I'm totally confused as to why I'm shedding hair. I do have sides which are minor gyno, reduction in body hair etc.

Regimen
- 50mg Cypro daily (15 months so far)
- 2mg Estro Pill daily in morning (15 months so far)
- 3.75mg Estrogel daily in evening (12 months so far)
- 0.5mg Avodart Pill daily (12 months so far)
- Topical Minoxidil daily (16 years so far)
- 1mg Finasteride pill daily (16 years so far)

I also got my blood tested last week. The results were as follows:
Oestradiol is 495 pmol/L
Testosterone is 0.37 nmol/L
Free Testosterone is 0.004 nmol/L
SHBG is 64.6 nmol/L
Prolactin is 1155 mU/L

I carried out the blood test for Oestradiol levels 7 hours after taking the 2mg Estrofem pill in the morning.

Does anyone have any idea why I'm suddenly shedding 250 hairs every day over the last 2 months?

I'm prepared to add further meds and / or higher dosages to my regimen. Can anyone advise if I should increase / change the current dosages and / or add further meds?

Any help is much appreciated!
Are you diffuse or have actual bald places?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a bit of controversy in terms of AA.

spironolactone seems to have good effect on hair. However folks like @bridgeburn have switch to Bica after a while. Some folks followed this but reverted back to spironolactone. Then there is CPA which can be used at low dose with Bica or with spironolactone to lower T. Bica raises E & T so the fear is that Bica will indirectly boost DHT & T causing issues with hairloss. Taking E will lower T so that's another avenue. So far nothing has linked Bica to scalp hair loss, just body hair loss. Then taking Bica & spironolactone together seems counterintuitive because one would cause the other to work less. I would interested to hear what you guys think.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a bit of controversy in terms of AA.

spironolactone seems to have good effect on hair. However folks like @bridgeburn have switch to Bica after a while. Some folks followed this but reverted back to spironolactone. Then there is CPA which can be used at low dose with Bica or with spironolactone to lower T. Bica raises E & T so the fear is that Bica will indirectly boost DHT & T causing issued. Taking E will lower T so that's another avenue. So far nothing has linked Bica to scalp hair loss, just body hair loss. Then taking Bica & spironolactone together seems counterintuitive because one would cause the other to work less. I would interested to hear what you guys think.

I think bica should only be used if using in conjunction with E, i would avoid cpa because of long term health risks, spironolactone for me is the best AA if you are not on E. But that's just my opinion. If i ever go down the estradiol route i would still opt for spironolactone over bica though.

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Sanchez1234, post: 1886897, member: 126782"] Есть здесь кто-нибудь на эстрадиоле?
Я купил один из таиландской аптеки. Может кто-нибудь помочь, как дозировать это, так как это гель? У кого-нибудь есть хороший способ получить правильные измерения?
Каковы общие дозы?

https://www.thailandpharmacy.net/product/oestrogel-60-mg-estradiol-gel-80-g/ [/ QUOTE]

immediately remove cyproterone from the regimen, it removes your iron, ferretin, so you lose hair. Leave 2 mg of estradiol in the morning and get spironolactone 50ig and 1.5 mg estrogel in the evening + 50 mg spironolactone. Do not use anything else except what I wrote !!! Start 50 mg spironolactone + 2 mg estradiol during the first month.
I tried spironolactone during 2018 for about 12 months. I didn't see any positive effects so I switched to Cypro after doing my research on this thread. I think switching back to sprio will be a step back in the wrong direction?

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hes on finasteride, dutasteride, he has zero testosterone and hes on a AR blocker. There is no androgen activity left in his body, mate.

This is not meant as an offense, but it is so disheartening to see someone with a protocol like that, barely achieve anything in 12 months. Your hairloss slowed down? It didnt even stop? This angers me for some reason. How is this possible? How can you literally be a female and achieve such little results in this time? What did bridgeburn do differently to go from NW6 to NW2 in a year. Was he lying?
f*****g bullshit man....

That being said, i wouldnt consider the shedding as hairloss. You called it shedding yourself which means you are aware its not your usual hairloss/rate of hairloss. You might be going into some serious regrowth.

How old are you?
I totally agree, it's devastating not having positive results 12 months on from starting HRT.

The shedding is really affecting my mental health. I just think that any hair that HRT may have helped me to maintain during last year is now falling out in these last couple of months.

I'm 38 years old, been losing hair since I was 21.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I totally agree, it's devastating not having positive results 12 months on from starting HRT.

The shedding is really affecting my mental health. I just think that any hair that HRT may have helped me to maintain during last year is now falling out in these last couple of months.

I'm 38 years old, been losing hair since I was 21.

What is your current HRT regimen?

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gaz,
your prolactin levels are elevated, you might have a micro/macroadenoma. High prolactin levels can cause hairloss and effect your sex drive. If you can get referred to a good endocrinologist with the high prolactin levels concern, that would be a good first step.
I thought the high Prolactin is a side effect of the drugs I'm taking or is it unrelated?

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Gaz121, publicación: 1887782, miembro: 131972"] Hola, no he publicado aquí durante unos 6 meses, pero aquí hay una actualización mía.

Como recordatorio, he estado en TRH durante 12 meses usando el siguiente régimen. Durante los primeros 10 meses, logré un nuevo crecimiento del vello y mi pérdida de cabello disminuyó, pero durante los últimos 2 meses, estoy experimentando una terrible fase de caída en la que pierdo alrededor de 250 cabellos cada día. En los últimos 2 meses, mi cabello se ha adelgazado mucho en la corona y retrocedió en la parte delantera. No cambié nada en términos de dosis o fuente de mis medicamentos durante este período, así que estoy totalmente confundido sobre por qué me estoy cayendo el cabello. Tengo lados que son ginecológicos menores, reducción del vello corporal, etc.

Régimen
- 50 mg de Cypro diariamente (15 meses hasta ahora)
- 2 mg de píldora Estro diariamente en la mañana (15 meses hasta ahora)
- 3.75mg Estrogel daily in evening (12 months so far)
- 0.5mg Avodart Pill daily (12 months so far)
- Topical Minoxidil daily (16 years so far)
- 1mg Finasteride pill daily (16 years so far)

I also got my blood tested last week. The results were as follows:
Oestradiol is 495 pmol/L
Testosterone is 0.37 nmol/L
Free Testosterone is 0.004 nmol/L
SHBG is 64.6 nmol/L
Prolactin is 1155 mU/L

I carried out the blood test for Oestradiol levels 7 hours after taking the 2mg Estrofem pill in the morning.

Does anyone have any idea why I'm suddenly shedding 250 hairs every day over the last 2 months?

I'm prepared to add further meds and / or higher dosages to my regimen. Can anyone advise if I should increase / change the current dosages and / or add further meds?

Any help is much appreciated!
I was also in a regimen like yours and I had losses .... just like you I have high prolactin ... you should reduce it with cabergoline or bromocriptine
View attachment 141594[/QUOTE]
Can the high Prolactin definitely cause hair loss?
Did your losses stop eventually and if so, did it stop when you added one of the meds you suggested?

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
]
Todavía tengo mucha prolactina, así que mi cabello sigue empeorando ... Espero que cuando normalice los valores de prolactina, mi cabello se espese
upload_2020-4-27_17-16-11.png

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think bica should only be used if using in conjunction with E, i would avoid cpa because of long term health risks, spironolactone for me is the best AA if you are not on E. But that's just my opinion. If i ever go down the estradiol route i would still opt for spironolactone over bica though.

Why?

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hes on finasteride, dutasteride, he has zero testosterone and hes on a AR blocker. There is no androgen activity left in his body, mate.

This is not meant as an offense, but it is so disheartening to see someone with a protocol like that, barely achieve anything in 12 months. Your hairloss slowed down? It didnt even stop? This angers me for some reason. How is this possible? How can you literally be a female and achieve such little results in this time? What did bridgeburn do differently to go from NW6 to NW2 in a year. Was he lying?
f*****g bullshit man....

That being said, i wouldnt consider the shedding as hairloss. You called it shedding yourself which means you are aware its not your usual hairloss/rate of hairloss. You might be going into some serious regrowth.

How old are you?

then why take tests at all? I can assume that you are telling a fantasy or lying. with such analyzes there can be no problems. for dht testosterone is not needed. high enough prolactin and your dht is high again. just pour three tablespoons of sugar into tea and your DHT is high again. I accept CPA and spironolactone and I have DHEA 130. The norm is 140-150. if I don’t take AA then DHEA 300. DHEA is worse for hair than testosterone. I will transfer 100 euros to you if he has a DHEA less than 100, even acceptable AA