Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Anthonydbz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have signs of thinning (like crown), then yes. If not, don't fix it if it ain't broken.
I am starting to see some thinning on the corners of my temples.

Attachments

• A4220F28-1DC2-45CE-86BB-8222A647C466.jpeg
    A4220F28-1DC2-45CE-86BB-8222A647C466.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 277

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am starting to see some thinning on the corners of my temples.
Idk about that, the pic is pixalated more than minecraft. Take a high res pic and share it for accurate evaluations. If indeed it was recession, you will see miniuaturised hairs in your temples.

Deacr4

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sleep is the worst it's ever been... I have to come off bica :( It was worth a try as an alternative to Cypro tho and only cost me a few months. I wonder why the GABA inhibition is less well known, it's such an important neurotransmitter that to have it altered much at all can have effects. Most people seem to be fine on Bica but I suspect I was already low in GABA because I often woke up in the night.

Last edited:

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sleep is the worst it's ever been... I have to come off bica :( It was worth a try as an alternative to Cypro tho and only cost me a few months. I wonder why the GABA inhibition is less well known, it's such an important neurotransmitter that to have it altered much at all can have effects. Most people seem to be fine on Bica but I suspect I was already low in GABA because I often woke up in the night.
Why don't you take Melatonin supplements while staying on bica ?? If sleep issues are the only side effects you are experiencing.

Deacr4

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't you take Melatonin supplements while staying on bica ?? If sleep issues are the only side effects you are experiencing.
I take 5htp, a precursor to melatonin, but melatonin is something different to GABA, you need both for good sleep and apparently GABA supplements don't really work.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
The best advice I go is to split the oral dose between am and pm. I take 5mg in the morning with duta .5mg then at night cypro with the other 5mg oral minoxidil.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 5htp, a precursor to melatonin, but melatonin is something different to GABA, you need both for good sleep and apparently GABA supplements don't really work.
You can lower Bica dose and introduce a low dose of CPA (6.25 mg to 12.5 mg) to counteract the high T levels from bica. Although i really wouldn't recommend this because both Bica and CPA are really hard on the liver, so combinning them is quite a deadly recipe for the liver. :(

Deacr4

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can lower Bica dose and introduce a low dose of CPA (6.25 mg to 12.5 mg) to counteract the high T levels from bica. Although i really wouldn't recommend this because both Bica and CPA are really hard on the liver, so combinning them is quite a deadly recipe for the liver. :(
Mmmm yeah that's true, gotta respect the liver. Think my best bet is to just swap over to Cypro as the only AA like most people do, the best results in this thread are from Cypro + E anyway.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I apply Estrogel to the scalp? I read E2 doesn't block dht and can cause hair loss on the scalp. There is also the question about absorption on thicker skin. What's the recommendation?

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mmmm yeah that's true, gotta respect the liver. Think my best bet is to just swap over to Cypro as the only AA like most people do, the best results in this thread are from Cypro + E anyway.
@Ikarus got awesome results from Bica + E. I think the E plays a more major role than any AA really. Suppressing T is necessary for E to do its magic tho.

Last edited:

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I apply Estrogel to the scalp? I read E2 doesn't block dht and can cause hair loss on the scalp. There is also the question about absorption on thicker skin. What's the recommendation?
Don't do that. Oestrogel contain alcohol and it may irritate your scalp. Plus, quite an amount of the gel will get stuck on hairs, thus decreasing the gel dose. It is recommended to apply on fat skin, mainly abdomen, thighs, and arms. And avoid breast area.