Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairloss is consuming my life and I am on the verge of killing myself, I can't be bald I don't want to be bald, why is this disease not cured yet!

Could someone here recommend me a strong regime? I don't mind femininization side effects, imo a little bit of feminization is actually good for the overall male attractiveness.

I am 20, and about norwood 2.5
those are the pictures of my hairline
View attachment 128121
it looks worse irl than in the picture below, I think the lens distortion made my forehead smaller

View attachment 128122

I've been on finasteride for 4 months but I am very paranoid anyway, I can't tell whether my hairline is receeding further without me noticing or not, I want this nightmare to stop.

I was considering adding bicalutamide, I am fine with gyno I just dont want to be impotent, does bicalutamide make you impotent? Anyone here used it long term for at least a few years? Side effects listed in the wiki page of bicalutamide are not that bad, but I'm still unsure.
Could someone please guide me to the right regime? I am fine with almost any side effect, I just dont want to be impotent.
Holy crap! You are Norwood 0-1. Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, but many guys on this forum will tell you that your hair is perfect. The reason I am saying this is because they refused to acknowledge that I myself am balding.

LifeIsSucks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy crap! You are Norwood 0-1. Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, but many guys on this forum will tell you that your hair is perfect. The reason I am saying this is because they refused to acknowledge that I myself am balding.
yeah it might not be norwood 4+, but its better to take action immediately than having to wait until you are almost bald

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah it might not be norwood 4+, but its better to take action immediately than having to wait until you are almost bald
If I could go to 9 years back, I would deploy anti-androgens to completely stop male pattern baldness. male pattern baldness is something which robbed my twenties. Instead of focusing somewhere else, I was always worried about my creeping hair loss. In the end, I got nothing. Perhaps the young generation would be able to save their hair at a time when it is most needed.

RudaSync

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I could go to 9 years back, I would deploy anti-androgens to completely stop male pattern baldness. male pattern baldness is something which robbed my twenties. Instead of focusing somewhere else, I was always worried about my creeping hair loss. In the end, I got nothing. Perhaps the young generation would be able to save their hair at a time when it is most needed.

The same.....

Peace

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairloss is consuming my life and I am on the verge of killing myself, I can't be bald I don't want to be bald, why is this disease not cured yet!

Could someone here recommend me a strong regime? I don't mind femininization side effects, imo a little bit of feminization is actually good for the overall male attractiveness.

View attachment 128121
it looks worse irl than in the picture below, I think the lens distortion made my forehead smaller

View attachment 128122

I've been on finasteride for 4 months but I am very paranoid anyway, I can't tell whether my hairline is receeding further without me noticing or not, I want this nightmare to stop.

I was considering adding bicalutamide, I am fine with gyno I just dont want to be impotent, does bicalutamide make you impotent? Anyone here used it long term for at least a few years? Side effects listed in the wiki page of bicalutamide are not that bad, but I'm still unsure.
Could someone please guide me to the right regime? I am fine with almost any side effect, I just dont want to be impotent.

You are Nw2 at most. Look at my hair, its way worse than yours and I would still consider myself to be NW2. You can literally get on finasteride and probably not worry about hair loss for the rest of your life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was considering adding bicalutamide, I am fine with gyno I just dont want to be impotent, does bicalutamide make you impotent?
it has less affect on sperm making ability in the balls than other anti-androgens. when used alone it won't make your balls shrink, it will actually make them more active, however it can still affect fertility cause stuff around the balls is involved in sperm quality:

"However, while bicalutamide does not appear to adversely influence testicular spermatogenesis, and healthy sperm can be produced within the testes during bicalutamide monotherapy, AR antagonists may be able to interfere with male fertility via interference with androgen signaling beyond the testes.[151] The maturation as well as transport of sperm occurs not only in the testes but also outside of the testes in the epididymides and vas deferens, and these processes in these tissues are dependent on AR signaling similarly to testicular spermatogenesis.[151] "

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@LifeIsSucks don't listen to these others downplaying your condition while it is apparent that it disturbs you. While your hair loss is not bad and still considered socially acceptable it is an obvious M. Most might not consider you balding cause your a man and its "normal" but if you were a women then that same amount of hairloss would be much more noticeable, which is a dumb standard if you ask me cause NW2.5 and Zero f*****g hairloss is a big difference objectively and its ridiculous to think otherwise because of gender norms and society.. If it really bothers you then definitely go on something stronger than finasteride at least. switch to dutasteride and carefully consider bica.

btw, growing hair on temples is the hardest thing in the world and vital for most to catch it young and even then big 3 won't cut it.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, I swear I get complimented all the time now
Screenshot_20190912-153125_1.jpg

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 128121

View attachment 128122

@bridgeburn gave me u some good advice. There's nothing to worry about or stress over, there's a lot of untouched quality hair there and approved treatment like finasteride/dutasteride can hold it. But that hairline is clearly balding Norwood 2.5. A transplant can rectify it provided you stick to treatment and stabilise. The difference between passable hair (yours) and good hair can sometimes just be the hairline which needs 2cm of work, daunting fact but true. You don't need to risk strong unapproved treatment if you do this.

You are Nw2 at most. Look at my hair, its way worse than yours and I would still consider myself to be NW2. You can literally get on finasteride and probably not worry about hair loss for the rest of your life.

Objectivity v Subjectivity. Norwood 2 is non balding and if you're worse than this guy, it means your hairline is balding unfortunately. You're right about finasteride though and not worrying again.

Peace

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn gave me u some good advice. There's nothing to worry about or stress over, there's a lot of untouched quality hair there and approved treatment like finasteride/dutasteride can hold it. But that hairline is clearly balding Norwood 2.5. A transplant can rectify it provided you stick to treatment and stabilise. The difference between passable hair (yours) and good hair can sometimes just be the hairline which needs 2cm of work, daunting fact but true. You don't need to risk strong unapproved treatment if you do this.

Objectivity v Subjectivity. Norwood 2 is non balding and if you're worse than this guy, it means your hairline is balding unfortunately. You're right about finasteride though and not worrying again.

Eh, theres still a threshold you have to cross before going from Nw2 to Nw3 and I don't believe i've hit it yet and people IRL don't think im balding so I'm sticking by what I said. You can have two people of differing hair quality and them both be nw2

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eh, theres still a threshold you have to cross before going from Nw2 to Nw3 and I don't believe i've hit it yet and people IRL don't think im balding so I'm sticking by what I said. You can have two people of differing hair quality and them both be nw2
He is Norwood 2.5 not NW2.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s an update for everyone considering bicalutamide.

I’ve been on bicalutamide for almost 3 weeks now. My shedding has become ABSURD. I honestly don’t understand how I still have hair on my head with how much I’ve been shedding. My hair has become noticeably thinner. I’m not sure whether this is a good sign or bad sign. I know an initial shed on dutasteride/finasteride and Minoxidil generally means that it’s going to work well but I haven’t heard of that being the case with bicalutamide. Hopefully all this hair will grow back in stronger but who knows, I could just be losing all the hair I’d delayed losing by using Spironolactone. As I said previously I’ve seen an increase in libido and stronger erections since stopping Spironolactone and going on bicalutamide. I haven’t seen any difference in my dandruff or skin. As of recently it’s become slightly painful to press down on my right nipple although there’s no visible difference. It seems too early in the treatment to get gyno but that’s pretty irrefutable evidence. The gyno is something I accepted I’d get when I decided to take bicalutamide and I’m not upset by it. Obviously I’m anxious but I’m holding out hope. I didn’t expect to see results this early, but I also didn’t expect things to get this much worse. I’m considering starting the raloxifene I have stored to fend off gyno before it gets bad but I don’t want it to make my hairloss worse if it turns out bicalutamide isn’t working, so I could use some advice there.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you see increased hair in hands due to oral minoxidil?

Mate I’ve been on 10mg oral min since the end of April. On my fore arms the hair has darkened or thickened and is longer. And the hair on my hands have increased in length and thickness. I was thinning on my left side of my head slightly and that has thickened too. But I have had no regrowth on the temples from oral min. But since starting spironolactone again it has started my hand hair has started to thin. And grows back slowly.

DinkyDino

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bridge were you always on dutasteride from the start or did you add it in at some point? When and why? Wouldn't dutasteride and bica nuke your liver? Is dutasteride just a precaution to you?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bridge were you always on dutasteride from the start or did you add it in at some point? When and why? Wouldn't dutasteride and bica nuke your liver? Is dutasteride just a precaution to you?
I started it at the same time as cypro and E in the beggining.

there's old people who take 20 pills every morning for thier various health conditions, i think my liver is fine.

dutasteride is to make sure any little amount of T will not convert to DHT and will be more likely go convert to E. I wouldn't risk taking bica without it because of bicas gonadotrophin effect.

However, i dont take dutasteride whenever i go on vacation. (long half life tho)

LifeIsSucks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn
@Wolf Pack
thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it.
I might consider adding dutasteride weekly (along with finasteride daily) just to calm my paranoia down a bit. I feel like that way I will cover as much angles as possible without having to dive into experimental treatments. I will try to educate myself on the bicalutamide and other options as well in the mean time, though just to keep all the options open just in case.

LifeIsSucks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s an update for everyone considering bicalutamide.

I’ve been on bicalutamide for almost 3 weeks now. My shedding has become ABSURD. I honestly don’t understand how I still have hair on my head with how much I’ve been shedding. My hair has become noticeably thinner. I’m not sure whether this is a good sign or bad sign. I know an initial shed on dutasteride/finasteride and Minoxidil generally means that it’s going to work well but I haven’t heard of that being the case with bicalutamide. Hopefully all this hair will grow back in stronger but who knows, I could just be losing all the hair I’d delayed losing by using Spironolactone. As I said previously I’ve seen an increase in libido and stronger erections since stopping Spironolactone and going on bicalutamide. I haven’t seen any difference in my dandruff or skin. As of recently it’s become slightly painful to press down on my right nipple although there’s no visible difference. It seems too early in the treatment to get gyno but that’s pretty irrefutable evidence. The gyno is something I accepted I’d get when I decided to take bicalutamide and I’m not upset by it. Obviously I’m anxious but I’m holding out hope. I didn’t expect to see results this early, but I also didn’t expect things to get this much worse. I’m considering starting the raloxifene I have stored to fend off gyno before it gets bad but I don’t want it to make my hairloss worse if it turns out bicalutamide isn’t working, so I could use some advice there.
could you keep us posted on how it goes?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn
@Wolf Pack
thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it.
I might consider adding dutasteride weekly (along with finasteride daily) just to calm my paranoia down a bit. I feel like that way I will cover as much angles as possible without having to dive into experimental treatments. I will try to educate myself on the bicalutamide and other options as well in the mean time, though just to keep all the options open just in case.
good idea, you can take babysteps to see what you are comfortable with.. stay away from E if you care about fertility, it directly damages the balls.