Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to ask my Dermatologist about prescribing me Estradiol, before purchasing it online. My Dermatologist is nice, and understanding and prescribed me Accutane without even thinking which I'm appreciative for! Although, my next Dermatologist appointment is in four weeks, a lot of people who are on HRT use Spironolactone for 4-6 weeks to get their body ready to use Estradiol. So, the four week wait should be okay.

(Someone correct me about what I'm saying if I'm wrong, please!)
your Correct sir But please monitor your body every 3 months.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The rate at which I am thinning I will be slick bald within three years. At that time you people will say, “why didn’t you treat it early?”. By the way that wasn’t your opinion, u were very judgemental about my hair loss.

Can you please post another picture of your 'hair loss'?

Also, there's no point judging others about their choices. If he feels confident about his decision, you should respect that instead of bashing him.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
your Correct sir But please monitor your body every 3 months.

Do you mean blood tests?

(I get them every three to four weeks currently)

Also, I have a question: is it alright to use Spironolactone, Estradiol and Accutane at the same time?

I'm aware Spironolactone and Accutane can be used together safely, but I'm not sure about Estradiol.

(I'd also like to add that I was on 20MG, but I'm going to ask if my dose can be lowered to 10MG or even 5MG if that is still an effective dose)

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean blood tests?

(I get them every three to four weeks currently)

Also, I have a question: is it alright to use Spironolactone, Estradiol and Accutane at the same time?

I'm aware Spironolactone and Accutane can be used together safely, but I'm not sure about Estradiol.
yes Sir. i Read that on 2 mg estrogen fertility is Still reversible. But Gyno you will def get but can removed with Surgery.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes Sir. i Read that on 2 mg estrogen fertility is Still reversible. But Gyno you will def get but can removed with Surgery.

Infertility is reversible on a lower dose?

And yeah, Gynecomastia is pretty much inevitable on these treatments. But, I guess this saying applies again: you win some, you lose some. I'd much rather have a beautiful hairline which I will feel confident every time I go outside (hair is one of the first things you notice about a person). Breasts are easy to cover, or you can work with them and make them fit your aesthetic.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Infertility is reversible on a lower dose?

And yeah, Gynecomastia is pretty much inevitable on these treatments. But, I guess this saying applies again: you win some, you lose some. I'd much rather have a beautiful hairline which I will feel confident every time I go outside (hair is one of the first things you notice about a person). Breasts are easy to cover, or you can work with them and make them fit your aesthetic.

Why not try finasteride first? Like why are these meds better than the big 3?

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is still advisable to bank your sperms before starting, spironolactone + estradiol is a transgender combo, they work together to disable the testicles, so it's better to be safe than sorry, that is if fatherhood is a big concern for you

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahaha ha the big three are candy and chocolate bars compared to E2 and antiandrogen, estrogen will f*** dht and testosterone for eternity and will turn off the balding gene for good, this regimen is very extreme and it is really unwise to follow it if you are less than nw2

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahaha ha the big three are candy and chocolate bars compared to E2 and antiandrogen, estrogen will f*** dht and testosterone for eternity and will turn off the balding gene for good, this regimen is very extreme and it is really unwise to follow it if you are less than nw2[/QUOTE

So you are saying that the sides from these meds are always permanent?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't want to use the big three because ain't nobody got time for that. I don't wanna be applying minoxidil to my scalp everyday, or using that nasty shampoo. Plus, my inner instincts are against Finasteride; I have a bad feeling about that medication.

Nonetheless, they're not as effective compared to the hormonal combination (I think!).

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to use the big three because ain't nobody got time for that. I don't wanna be applying minoxidil to my scalp everyday, or using that nasty shampoo. Plus, my inner instincts are against Finasteride; I have a bad feeling about that medication.

Nonetheless, they're not as effective compared to the hormonal combination.

I have the same feeling about finasteride. But are the sides from these medication not just as bad or worse?

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you please post another picture of your 'hair loss'?

Also, there's no point judging others about their choices. If he feels confident about his decision, you should respect that instead of bashing him.
Do you mean I am judging some people here?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same feeling about finasteride. But are the sides from these medication not just as bad or worse?

The sides from these medications are worse for your typical masculine presenting man.

For me, some of these side effects are a dream! A feminised face? Smoother skin? Fuller cheeks? Less body and facial hair growth? Thicker hair with a nicer hairline whilst reducing the potential of balding significantly? I'd exchange my flat chest for those any day!

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The sides from these medications are worse for your typical masculine presenting man.

For me, some of these side effects are a dream! A feminised face? Smoother skin? Fuller cheeks? Less body and facial hair growth? Thicker hair with a nicer hairline whilst reducing the potential of balding significantly? I'd exchange my flat chest for those any day!

But cant it also give you ED and a dead libido? And are you homosexual or do you just don't care?

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will summerize the side effects of these types of regimens(AA+estradiol)
Complete loss of libido
Dry skin
Weight gain if you dnt watch what you eat
Gyno
Fat redistribution to the hips and chest
Loss of spontaneous erections
Testicular shrinkage
Penile shrinkage if u dnt use your dick
Emotional changes
Difficulty achieving orgasm
Loss of muscles

-These are the nice things-
Reversal of baldness
Thinner facial hair
Thinner body hair
Smoother and whiter skin
No more acne and oily skin
Control over your libido
No more depression and anxiety from worrying about male pattern baldness

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Iam asexual, these regimen can play with your sexuality, you may expect to lose interest in sex and relationships, body body image is everything to me, "If I was trapped in an island with no one with me, I will still care for the hair on top of my head" (by the regrowth God @bridgeburn) , many straight guys can't survive with these regimen because they won't feel like men anymore

Last edited:

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, dry skin is a dream for makeup wearers. That is the desirable skin type, in my opinion, as it lessens your chances of getting acne whilst giving you smoother and pore-less skin.

Besides penile shrinkage, testicular shrinkage and gyno, none of those are actually that bad in my opinion. But, that's just me.
Are you transgender?, if yes, then it is advisable to see a transgender endocrinologist who will keep track of your hormonal profile and make sure you are healthy and getting the feminzation effects, self medicating is never good