Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Iam asexual, these regimen can play with your sexuality, you may expect to lose interest in sex and relationships, body body image is everything to me, If I was trapped in an island with no one with me, I will still care for the hair on top of my head, many straight guys can't survive with these regimen because they won't feel like men anymore

Honestly, I'm used to a nonexistent libido, it's a symptom of the severe depression hair loss gives! I don't think it plays with your sexuality though.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you transgender?, if yes, then it is advisable to see a transgender endocrinologist who will keep track of your hormonal profile and make sure you are healthy and getting the feminzation effects, self medicating is never good

I'm not transgender, I'm just androgynous like Jeffree Star.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes Sir. 4 years still lost hair with thinning. when started 200 mg spironolactone + 0.5 dutas hair suddenly ridiciously thicker and much regrowth.
If your hair loss is before 25 then the big three will not do anything, agressive hairloss needs agressive regimen,it is simple

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hair loss is before 25 then the big three will not do anything, agressive hairloss needs agressive regimen,it is simple
true That. some Of us must take the extreme route (for The sake of godly hair). but i Was so stupid. i Didnt save my sperm before oral spironolactone. do You think i still can save it even though im on Dutas and spironolactone right now?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
true That. some Of us must take the extreme route (for The sake of godly hair). but i Was so stupid. i Didnt save my sperm before oral spironolactone. do You think i still can save it even though im on Dutas and spironolactone right now?

I don't think Spironolactone makes you infertile

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes! Anti-androgen and finestride will not cause infertility, it is the estrogen that kills the testicles and penis tissues, if you are concerned, save sperms now, before starting estrogen, 2mg can still affect that, iam sorry that u had to do that, but that is reality, for me the last thing I wanted to do is to pass my fucked up gene to the future generation, that's why I didn't care

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes! Anti-androgen and finestride will not cause infertility, it is the estrogen that kills the testicles and penis tissues, if you are concerned, save sperms now, before starting estrogen, 2mg can still affect that, iam sorry that u had to do that, but that is reality, for me the last thing I wanted to do is to pass my fucked up gene to the future generation, that's why I didn't care

That's how I feel. I'd rather not cause distress to my children, and just adopt or use my future husbands sperm with a surrogate. (In hopes that the woman and my husband has great hair genetics!)

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hairloss is a side effect of Accutane

That's quite an uncommon side effect, and is generally seen in higher doses. I was only on it for just over one month on a low dose, and I didn't notice an increase in shedding.

It's pretty much unseen to see hair loss on 20MG or lower.

(I'd like to add that I might not go back on it if Spironolactone clears my skin)

Last edited:

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
i Will do it asap b4 estrogen. tnx Man. and You dont have to Say sorry. Your just being realistic and pragmatic and i Appreciate that. i Will keep u guys updated. tomorrow i Have a new appointment (dunno why Perhaps information regarding The intake of E).

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, dry skin is a dream for makeup wearers. That is the desirable skin type, in my opinion, as it lessens your chances of getting acne whilst giving you smoother and pore-less skin.

Besides penile shrinkage, testicular shrinkage and gyno, none of those are actually that bad in my opinion. But, that's just me.
Skin becomes drier compared to being androgenic due to not having sebumn. But it won't get dry dose dependently, estradiol is very modulatory:

"estrogen maintains skin moisture by increasing acid mucopolysaccharides and hyaluronic acid in the skin and possibly maintaining stratum corneum barrier function. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11705091

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was trapped in an island with no one with me, I will still care for the hair on top of my head
are you quoting me? cause I have often typed the exact same thing :eek:

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will summerize the side effects of these types of regimens(AA+estradiol)
Complete loss of libido
Dry skin
Weight gain if you dnt watch what you eat
Gyno
Fat redistribution to the hips and chest
Loss of spontaneous erections
Testicular shrinkage
Penile shrinkage if u dnt use your dick
Emotional changes
Difficulty achieving orgasm
Loss of muscles

-These are the nice things-
Reversal of baldness
Thinner facial hair
Thinner body hair
Smoother and whiter skin
No more acne and oily skin
Control over your libido
No more depression and anxiety from worrying about male pattern baldness

Thanks alot for the information! I don't think that your guys treatment is right for me since I quite like women and like to stay a 'man'. Wish you alle the best

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't think that is true since there are plenty of men that maintained their hair eventhough they started balding young.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
sure, but why take ANY chance with hair?

Mainly because the chances of hair loss on 20MG or lower is almost non-existent. There is a potential, but it depends on how your body can tolerate it. For me, the only side effects I got were dry skin and dry lips.

If Spironolactone does get rid of my acne (very mild but persistent acne), I would definitely cut out Accutane.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that is true since there are plenty of men that maintained their hair eventhough they started balding young.

There's a difference between maintaining and regrowing...

Also, I find the scent of Nizoral so nasty :oops: Nothing beats the scent of Briogeo shampoos!

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score