Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

ifeelikealoser

My Regimen
Reaction score
@nWo Wolfpac

I'll be going to a doctor in wednesday i'll ask it for him, what's your regimen ?

@bridgeburn

Hey dude do you think if you stop the fem hormones all your hair is going to fall to it's original state ? Or do you think you could quit the fem hormones and just maintain your hair with a DHT Blocker ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gyno is quite painful, for the longest time I couldn't even lay flat on my stomach at all. If your boobs are growing you will definitely notice, not to mention the areola usually grows quite noticeably in size.
this was in the first stage of develoment that it hurted? did the gyno stabilized at some point? thanks

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@nWo Wolfpac

I'll be going to a doctor in wednesday i'll ask it for him, what's your regimen ?

I change it up every now and then. I started off taking 1.5 mg estradiol and 25 mg cypro. sometimes i'll up my estradiol to 2.25 mg and halve my cyrpro dose to 12.5 mg. Cypro only comes in 50 mg pills but thats usually too powerful so you will need to cut it in halves or quarters depending on what you want. Also ask for estrogel, its the easiest way to get estradiol and remember the ratio for estrogel to estradiol is 2 to 1. so in 2 mg of estrogel you get 1 mg of estradiol. I hope your doctor is as cool as mine was.

ifeelikealoser

My Regimen
Reaction score
@nWo Wolfpac
Do you think i can use the hormones until i get to an acceptable level and them stop it and just maintain the Dutasteride ? I just wanted to grow some hair to a decent level i'm not looking for a full regrowth like bridgeburn had even doe i'm amazed by his results and wish i had the same courage as him to do it

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@nWo Wolfpac
Do you think i can use the hormones until i get to an acceptable level and them stop it and just maintain the Dutasteride ? I just wanted to grow some hair to a decent level i'm not looking for a full regrowth like bridgeburn had even doe i'm amazed by his results and wish i had the same courage as him to do it

Yes that is definitely a possibility. Dutasteride could work for you to maintain and if it does than there would be zero reason to remain on hormones. Unfortunately finasteride/dutasteride doesent work for me So I actually plan to pretty much stop taking hormones once I've regrown a sufficent amount of hair. I'll probably stay on a very small amount just to make sure my testosterone is always on the low side.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I change it up every now and then. I started off taking 1.5 mg estradiol and 25 mg cypro. sometimes i'll up my estradiol to 2.25 mg and halve my cyrpro dose to 12.5 mg. Cypro only comes in 50 mg pills but thats usually too powerful so you will need to cut it in halves or quarters depending on what you want. Also ask for estrogel, its the easiest way to get estradiol and remember the ratio for estrogel to estradiol is 2 to 1. so in 2 mg of estrogel you get 1 mg of estradiol. I hope your doctor is as cool as mine was.
Ya my doctor said no, cause of some reason. Oh well it's cheaper from Thailand anyway. How much do you pay for a tube?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya my doctor said no, cause of some reason. Oh well it's cheaper from Thailand anyway. How much do you pay for a tube?

Thats too bad. I'm so glad I dont have to visit those shady websites and bit coin banks any more. My packages all arrived 6 weeks to 3 months after I ordered them and a couple were confiscated by customs. Now I just walk to the local pharmacy and everything is right there waiting for me. I actually find the drugs through prescription in canada to be much cheaper than from thailand especially the raloxifene. I actually cant remember the prices for anything right now. Its been months since I picked some up but next time I do I'll let you know.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that is definitely a possibility. Dutasteride could work for you to maintain and if it does than there would be zero reason to remain on hormones. Unfortunately finasteride/dutasteride doesent work for me So I actually plan to pretty much stop taking hormones once I've regrown a sufficent amount of hair. I'll probably stay on a very small amount just to make sure my testosterone is always on the low side.

Did finasteride of duta have no impact at all or was it down to sides?

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys! :) Im actually thinking about adding estrogel to my regimen, but im really I'm not determined.
Im 20 yo, soon 21, im balding since i was 18, and its going pretty fast - Actually im NW3 i think, but im thinning on NW5/6 area. Since 4 months im on pretty standard regimen - finasteride 1mg ed, Minoxdil 5% every evening, Nizoral 2 times a week, and im going to add Dermapen after Christmas. Im also going to see my doctor soon, and i will ask him for dutasteride to add it 0,5mg per week with finasteride other days.

But im not sure, that this regimen can provide me regrow on NW1 area and here i am, thinking about raising the E level and i have some questions about that.

Most people in this thread us Cyproterone Acetate + Estrogel, but is Cyproterone Acetate really needed? It lowers the T level if i uderstood right? Lower T = Lower DHT = No balding
But can i raise the E level without lowering the T level? Or it will couse hormonal inbalance? Bcs i will still have high T and E level?
Will i see any results without Cyproterone Acetate?
Is there any chance, that after a good results i will keep them on duta, even if i quit estro?
What side effects can couse Estro? Besides the gyno, but I dont care about gyno atm, becouse surgery in my country is fully refunded.
Isnt it too early for me, to start such an "extreme" regimen? On the one hand it should be much more easier for me to regrow, the hair than for ppl who are baling for 8 year, on the other hand im f*****g scary of pernament side effects

Im also f*****g scary of Cyproterone Acetate, Im actually not thinking about kids, but one day i will, and i wouldnt like to wake up, without any sperm production im my body.

I need your advice guys ;)

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But can i raise the E level without lowering the T level?
No that is not possible.

Only if you are using large amount of estradiol like 6 to 8 mg or more.

s there any chance, that after a good results i will keep them on duta, even if i quit estro?
Yes.

What side effects can couse Estro? Besides the gyno, but I dont care about gyno atm, becouse surgery in my country is fully refunded.
Tiredness, muscle loss, fat redistribution, lower libido, erectile disfunction and you could go sterile and lose your ability to have children forever.

Isnt it too early for me, to start such an "extreme" regimen?
Yes it is. Wait more time for the minoxidil and finasteride to start working. You've only been on them 4 months, I would give them a full year before you try something else. Finasteride especially can take a long time to see results just hang in there for another 8 months.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Wolf Pack I live in India and I have zero knowledge about medicine. Can you tell me which Indian estrogel brand I shall use. I can only buy Indian brand because medicines from another country gets stuck in the custom.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Wolf Pack I live in India and I have zero knowledge about medicine. Can you tell me which Indian estrogel brand I shall use. I can only buy Indian brand because medicines from another country gets stuck in the custom.
Do they still get stuck if you get express or courier service?

Wolf what province are you in?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn ; crazy result! speechless...
The crazy thing is that despite the oral minoxidil you don't have any dark circle or hypertrichosis???
seems not. minoxidil has made my arms hairier, the other stuff fights the hypertrichosis fairly well in other places

SO the gyno keep getting worse after the 1 year mark or it stabilized?
seems mostly the same so far after the 1 year mark. But it is really developed, probably I would need to gain weight for them to grow more. I'm light though.
Did the gyno hurted at any time of its development for you bridge?
Yes, it aches off and on with intensity fluctuating, sometimes it itches a sorta underneath the skin type of feeling

and also getting hit in the boob hurts as much as getting hit in the balls, maybe even more.
Hey dude do you think if you stop the fem hormones all your hair is going to fall to it's original state ?
possibly. at this point, it would probably take time for my nuts to regrow if I stopped.
Or do you think you could quit the fem hormones and just maintain your hair with a DHT Blocker ?
I'd rather not try. what's the point of stopping when gynos permanent
I just wanted to grow some hair to a decent level i'm not looking for a full regrowth like bridgeburn
you say that now... It's addicting

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im also going to see my doctor soon, and i will ask him for dutasteride to add it 0,5mg per week with finasteride other days.
why not everyday.
But im not sure, that this regimen can provide me regrow on NW1 area and here i am, thinking about raising the E level and i have some questions about that.
you are young and started meds pretty early so you likely don't need something nearly as harsh. finasteride and dutasteride raise E level a little. but not near enough to be infertile

Most people in this thread us Cyproterone Acetate + Estrogel, but is Cyproterone Acetate really needed? It lowers the T level if i uderstood right? Lower T = Lower DHT = No balding
basically. the cyproterone amount which should be used depends on the amount of E taken as well. If you don't take E then higher amounts of cypro would be needed to reach its max platue of T suppression. (although a low amount cypro alone does lower significantly too) which is around 70 something percent with cypro alone. Adding E with it is necessary to get into castrate range T levels, and less cypro can be taken with the combination.

but cypro is a hardcore drug, so you should probably try other stuff first.
But can i raise the E level without lowering the T level? Or it will couse hormonal inbalance? Bcs i will still have high T and E level?
E causes a reduction in amount of testosterone produced.
Its very possible to get to castrate ranges with taking E alone, however you would need to keep stable levels (above 300 pg/ if i remember right),

As every few hours or so the body will check the current amount of sex hormones and signal a certain amount to be produced based on that.

cypro gives extra buffer to that cause it reduces the GNRH signaling and has a long half-life, as well as blocking the androgen receptor. So even the small amount that might make it into your bloodstream will be unable to attach to those blocked receptors.

of course though, if you take enough estrogen for a long period of time, your balls wil shrink and it won't matter so much if your body tries to make more T.

cypro infertility is reversible, estrogen infertility is a lot harder.
probably. theres alot you can try besides it.

acne going away, dandruff, itching and hairloss going away, enhanced emotions, loss of crazy male libido, healthier skin, longer orgasms, loss of sperm, loss of body odor, shrunken balls, brain shrinking from change in white matter proportions, patchy beard, slower facial hair growth, losing your chest hair, female fat redistribution,
Isnt it too early for me, to start such an "extreme" regimen? On the one hand it should be much more easier for me to regrow, the hair than for ppl who are baling for 8 year, on the other hand im f*****g scary of pernament side effects
I would reccomend something weaker at first and only consider the full extreme regimen if the other stuff doesn't work or you really want more.

you just started finasteride, so just make your regimen a little stronger gradually and see what you can handle and are comfortable with.

If you do ever Actually consider this and are really worried about side effects, then freezing sperm is an option. althoygh i did read somewhere that babies born by IVF have slightly more birth effects. with that said, it is possible to get back fertility even after a few years on hormones, many have done it. its not really "proven" to be irreversible but they say that as a better safe than sorry kind of thing and there are some drugs that can jump start sperm again. Still, you might really want to stay safe at acceptable E levels.

switching to dutasteride or adding once a week will help, and youll have a bit more E without the fertility issue. You could also try oral minoxidil someday after awhile as it is more effective than topical, you can also take some progesterone to further reduce 5ar. Maybe a small amount of topical estradiol won't hurt, but keep it under 1mg.

so a regimen such as this;
dutasteride, progesterone, oral minoxidil, 1mg topical estrogel is still quite alot stronger than the typical Big 3 and at the same time its not nearly extreme as my regimen. combine this with your youth and it may give you your hair back miraculously.

If you lose ground someday, you could add a bit of spironolactone. 50mg-100mg, which will make the regimen stronger but spironolactone is not as extreme as cypro.

then if you need stronger progress to 200mg- 300mg spironolactone.

after that go extreme with cypro and estradiol.

of course, you can do what you want these are just some ideas.

Im also f*****g scary of Cyproterone Acetate, Im actually not thinking about kids, but one day i will, and i wouldnt like to wake up, without any sperm production im my body.
Cypro will cause you to stop producing sperm but its reversible. Cypro does come with medical risks, I wouldn't reccomend staying on it long term. for a year or two is better.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Sorry I have no idea. I'm sure they're all fine. One thing to look out for is how much estradiol is in the estrogel. Generally The ratio of gel to estradiol is 2 to 1. So for every 2 mg of estrogel there should be 1 mg of estradiol.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I have no idea. I'm sure they're all fine. One thing to look out for is how much estradiol is in the estrogel. Generally The ratio of gel to estradiol is 2 to 1. So for every 2 mg of estrogel there should be 1 mg of estradiol.

lol I'm pretty sure the concentration of 17β-oestradiol isn't reaching 50% w/w in oestrogen gels. It's typically 0.06% w/w.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so with higher E2 level you have less body odor and sudation?
@bridgeburn ; could you explain me how does bicalutamide cause gynecomastia? what is the exact mecanism? and the difference with fina/duta induced gyno. thanks man