Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pls_NW-1
There is no guarantee that HRT will not help you. You can try. Many women have adrenal problems and are treated for baldness. Moreover, they should produce only a smaller part of T. It is also possible that E reduces the density of receptors. For some reason I am sure that HRT will help you
But instead, you decided to give up like a coward, whine, and call yourself genetically defective. Do you want hair? Take action, try, hope.
This is completely unfair to him.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is completely unfair to him.
I just don't see the point of whining and not trying to do anything about it. Calling yourself genetically defective and giving up is the easiest choice. This is not in my spirit. We can never be sure whether something will help us or not. But he probably doesn't really want hair if he decided not to even check it out.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Almas_NW0 , I think the problem he faces is more complex then you put it. One thing is the banned person who went by Janey wasn't exactly the best advocate for HRT, giving some people unfounded fears of it's effects. I didn't believe her, but that's because I have a inbuilt bullshit detector, so I knew she's talking crap as soon as she started showing her real face. But others might not have, and she tried to basically groom people into becoming a twisted soul like herself. Then the second reason is @Pls_NW-1 may be so comfortable is his masculinity that he does not want any feminizing effects. Something hard to understand for people like us, due to dysphoria in my case, and to aesthetic priorities in your case.

But never the less, there is truth to your words that inaction is bad. That is why I recommended @Pls_NW-1 to do everything he can to fight his hair loss. Others here have recommended many treatments. If they fail he could always try a small non feminizing dose of topical Estradiol gel on his hair. But that's his decision to make, nobodies else. If he feels his health is stopping him, it's his choice.

But to be honest, I had a similar mindset to him in my teens, naturalism to be precise. It was forced on me by my environment, so called "friends" and family members. Some of them were convinced they were well meaning but it ruined years of my life. All I'm trying to say by this is, I hope he doesn't regret his decision later. I thought I could live with baldness, but no, I cannot. If he can then good for him, but I hope he really thinks it through.

@Pls_NW-1 you may think you'll be ok with it now in your teens, but wait until the 20s hit. And early baldness is something that really hits people hard, so I'll repeat this again : Do everything you can with treatments you find acceptable to fight your hair loss!

I wish you luck :)

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I think calling people a coward for not trying HRT is inappropriate. That's not how it works. HRT is used to substitute your hormones. And I clearly don't want that, I thought about it for a year, and I would rather be bald than taking lifelong hrt. If it gets too bad I will wear a system or smt like that. To not get into a bad situation I will try to treat it as best as I can with treatments being recommended on here.

Oral minoxidil is on my list, so are other blockers, etc.

Anyways, I will keep this thread updated.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I think calling people a coward for not trying HRT is inappropriate. That's not how it works. HRT is used to substitute your hormones. And I clearly don't want that, I thought about it for a year, and I would rather be bald than taking lifelong hrt. If it gets too bad I will wear a system or smt like that. To not get into a bad situation I will try to treat it as best as I can with treatments being recommended on here.

I def don't blame you for avoiding hrt if it's for hair alone and you don't have any issues with with your gender. I haven't really followed your situation, so I am not sure what you've tried or can't try for whatever reason, but is finasteride or dutasteride off the table?

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

First a disclaimer : I'm not trying to force you to change your mind on treatment. I can understand that if you are fully cis you might not want to try some treatments like Estrogen.

However, I must correct a big misconception you just presented. HRT does not need to be taken non stop if it's just for hair. It can be taken until somebody regains lost hair and then maintained on Fina/Duta. Maybe even oral minoxidil could do the maintenance job.

I've noticed a big lack of knowledge on HRT from some people. It won't turn anybody into a girl if they do not desire it. Yes, some feminization will happen, but most is reversible if not on it for long, or used in cycles. The beard will still grow, sexual function will remain etc. Trans women have to do more then just hormones to be feminine. And some things will never change on Estrogen, like voice for example.

The only thing HRT will do if no other feminizing steps are taken is make somebody look younger, give them some amount of gyno and stop hair loss /regrow hair. If taken long term also things like less body hair on chest, legs, abdomen etc, female fat redistribution and infertility. But this is long term.

This fear mongering is stupid, and I'm not just talking about HRT here, but fear mongering about basic stuff like Fina ffs. Desperate people suffer because of this behavior.

I'm not taking about you here @Pls_NW-1 , you are sensible and don't fear monger. It's other people I'm talking about, the "Fina made my balls fall off" crowd to be precise.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I def don't blame you for avoiding hrt if it's for hair alone and you don't have any issues with with your gender. I haven't really followed your situation, so I am not sure what you've tried or can't try for whatever reason, but is finasteride or dutasteride off the table?
:) heya!

I probably got a chronical hormonal imbalance. I am still waiting for the test results of the gene test. They're thinking I have a late onset of an AGS-syndrome. It's very well treatable with - HRT lol, but taking Cortisol.

Because of the hormonal imbalance, my doctors said to be to totally stop finasteride, till the problem isn't cleared out.

The funny thing is, I hadn't any side effects on finasteride :eek:

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
:) heya!

I probably got a chronical hormonal imbalance. I am still waiting for the test results of the gene test. They're thinking I have a late onset of an AGS-syndrome. It's very well treatable with - HRT lol, but taking Cortisol.

Because of the hormonal imbalance, my doctors said to be to totally stop finasteride, till the problem isn't cleared out.

The funny thing is, I hadn't any side effects on finasteride :eek:
Good luck listening to doctors about medications. Trichologists should have taught you to be critical of the doctors' words
I bet finasteride doesn’t affect your problems (if any, which I doubt), but the doctors don’t know anything about it and have banned it just in case.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck listening to doctors about medications. Trichologists should have taught you to be critical of the doctors' words
I bet finasteride doesn’t affect your problems (if any, which I doubt), but the doctors don’t know anything about it and have banned it just in case.
Hm... the doctors I currently visit aren't any dumb trichologists. I learned this last year.

They are good and specialized endocrinologists and oncologists

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm... the doctors I currently visit aren't any dumb trichologists. I learned this last year.

They are good and specialized endocrinologists and oncologists
Even if you think they are good I would get second or third opinions if I were you. Doctors are only human afterall, and a lot of them don't really know much about stuff beyond their expertise. So for example a doctor who treats mostly elderly patients would be more likely to screw up treatment of a young patient etc.

Also they can be pretty dumb on some occasions, trans healthcare is a prime example. They basically give people very small doses that do not work very well, and don't understand what trans people want to achieve. Here in the UK it's so laughably bad that trans people themselves know more about medication and dosing then the so called experts.

I know I may sound cynical, but that's the world we live in. When I was a teen I also fully trusted every doctor, so did my mum for years. Didn't go well for her. In the end she met competent and good doctors, but it took a very long time and multiple visits to many different clinics and hospitals.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been taking 1mg progynova regularly now for a bit, so it's 0.5mg dutasteride, 200mg spironolactone, 10mg oral minoxidil, 1m progynova and 10ml castor oil along with a myriad of supplements. I m not encountering any sides whatsoever, no libido problems, no gyno etc will take it for another 3 or 4 months then decide whether to increase to 2mg.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been taking 1mg progynova regularly now for a bit, so it's 0.5mg dutasteride, 200mg spironolactone, 10mg oral minoxidil, 1m progynova and 10ml castor oil along with a myriad of supplements. I m not encountering any sides whatsoever, no libido problems, no gyno etc will take it for another 3 or 4 months then decide whether to increase to 2mg.
This is just more evidence to support my claim, Estrogen is heavily dose dependent and won't turn anybody into a girl if they do not desire it.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you think they are good I would get second or third opinions if I were you. Doctors are only human afterall, and a lot of them don't really know much about stuff beyond their expertise. So for example a doctor who treats mostly elderly patients would be more likely to screw up treatment of a young patient etc.

Also they can be pretty dumb on some occasions, trans healthcare is a prime example. They basically give people very small doses that do not work very well, and don't understand what trans people want to achieve. Here in the UK it's so laughably bad that trans people themselves know more about medication and dosing then the so called experts.

I know I may sound cynical, but that's the world we live in. When I was a teen I also fully trusted every doctor, so did my mum for years. Didn't go well for her. In the end she met competent and good doctors, but it took a very long time and multiple visits to many different clinics and hospitals.
That's soo true, my current doctors I am visiting right now are my sixth.

I was very unhappy with the one's before. I will definitely check out another doctor.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's soo true, my current doctors I am visiting right now are my sixth.

I was very unhappy with the one's before. I will definitely check out another doctor.
Good you know this. A lot of people are blind to medical incompetence. I hope you find somebody good at some point.

But still even then, trust yourself the most when it comes to health. You know best how you feel after all.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 weeks of HRT tomorrow, crown has recovered by I'd say 95%. No minoxidil, just Fina and Estrogen. I am not counting Bica or CPA as I've only been on Cypro since 4 days, and I had to stop Bica after 1.5 weeks.

IMG_20211009_142313.jpg

Last edited:

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 weeks of HRT tomorrow, crown has recovered by I'd say 95%. No minoxidil, just Fina and Estrogen. I am not counting Bica or CPA as I've only been on Cypro since 4 days, and I had to stop Bica after 1.5 weeks.

View attachment 171005
I would not say that it is 95%. The quality of your hair is poor. And it's harder to improve quality. I am already Norwood 0, however, due to the quality of my hair, I am still far from achieving 100% regeneration

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 171005
i am so happy for you my friend :) :) :) :) :) .Crown looking thick and impressive !!!
I would not say that it is 95%. The quality of your hair is poor. And it's harder to improve quality. I am already Norwood 0, however, due to the quality of my hair, I am still far from achieving 100% regeneration
Almas what is your situation atm are you trying to regrow maintain or thicken up your hair?? Do you have any before after for temples and crown?

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh believe me it's 95% compared to before HRT. I was fully bald at the top of my crown. Plus my hair is still short, give it a few months and it should look better. Also quality is much better then it was, it was very weak and nearly colorless before HRT, now it's regaining it's natural color. I'm not comparing myself to somebody with great hair, but to my own situation from a few months ago.

So for me this is progress.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am so happy for you my friend :) :) :) :) :) .Crown looking thick and impressive !!!

Almas what is your situation atm are you trying to regrow maintain or thicken up your hair?? Do you have any before after for temples and crown?
Both. I now have short hair along the Norwood 0 line and short hair in the middle. By the new year I have to be a Norwood 0 with terminal hair and next year I have to improve my hair quality. I don't know how long it will take, but I think 9-12 months, including those 3.5 months
I will send you updates every 3 months, because the changes in the shorter time frame are minor

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Both. I now have short hair along the Norwood 0 line and short hair in the middle. By the new year I have to be a Norwood 0 with terminal hair and next year I have to improve my hair quality. I don't know how long it will take, but I think 9-12 months, including those 3.5 months
I will send you updates every 3 months, because the changes in the shorter time frame are minor
Hope you kill that androgen desease