Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently you can delete your own posts on hairlosstalk. I'll delete some of the more off-topic ones as to not sh*t up the thread for potential new users or lurkers.

Edit : Well I deleted some really off-topic posts, I left the ones with regimen or hair talk in them. But still, without Janey's posts the last two pages look weird.

Sigh...I did my best to make it look somewhat presentable, and once again sorry for the off-topic.
I don't mind some off topic discussions that can be interesting as long as it doesn't interrupt something else. The problem is Janey posting pictures of themselves repeatedly even if not prompted to do so or relevant, not only that but at least most of the time it's the same pictures that's been posted repeatedly in in the same thread and also in a lot of other threads.

Solxama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't mind some off topic discussions that can be interesting as long as it doesn't interrupt something else. The problem is Janey posting pictures of themselves repeatedly even if not prompted to do so or relevant, not only that but at least most of the time it's the same pictures that's been posted repeatedly in in the same thread and also in a lot of other threads.
Thank you for being understanding, @KNemo , but since Janey's posts are gone, I decided to delete some of mine as it basically looks like me talking with myself. Adding to that, maybe you didn't mind the off-topic stuff, but something did bother you (Her pictures in this case), so I apologized just in case as I'm new here, and I want to be respectful to other users and the whole community. Also, I want to avoid any drama or disagreement, and like I said there might be potential new users or lurkers who could find the last few pages confusing.

BTW, are you taking 1mg of E, or is that your Fina dose? It looks a bit confusing in your regimen tab, and I'm interested that if that amount is E, what are the effects of such a low dose on hair?

Last edited:

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for being understanding, @KNemo , but since Janey's posts are gone, I decided to delete some of mine as it basically looks like me talking with myself. Adding to that, maybe you didn't mind the off-topic stuff, but something did bother you (Her pictures in this case), so I apologized just in case as I'm new here, and I want to be respectful to other users and the whole community Also I want to avoid any drama or disagreement, and like I said there might be potential new users or lurkers who could find the last few pages confusing.

BTW, are you taking 1mg of E, or is that your Fina dose? It looks a bit confusing in your regimen tab, and I'm interested that if that amount is E, what are the effects of such a low dose on hair?
It's the finasteride dose. Estradiol dose is 200mcg patches plus some gel mixed into topical minoxidil which is enough to reduce testosterone to castrate levels and raise estradiol to around 200pg/ml.
Have greatly improved my diffuse thinning, totally recovered a bare vertex bald spot and significantly improved hairline.
Recently reduced doses for a while returning to a good male testosterone level without any sign of shedding.

I'll update the regimen for clarity.

Solxama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the finasteride dose. Estradiol dose is 200mcg patches plus some gel mixed into topical minoxidil which is enough to reduce testosterone to castrate levels and raise estradiol to around 200pg/ml.
Have greatly improved my diffuse thinning, totally recovered a bare vertex bald spot and significantly improved hairline.
Recently reduced doses for a while returning to a good male testosterone level without any sign of shedding.

That's interesting, so basically you have no need for any AAs. How's your gyno BTW, is it bad?

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• E70B6444-15FC-4B97-9547-05CA195217E2.jpeg
    E70B6444-15FC-4B97-9547-05CA195217E2.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 5A6137F1-CB1D-475D-9EF2-7EC989F7D741.jpeg
    5A6137F1-CB1D-475D-9EF2-7EC989F7D741.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 904B8076-5A5E-4941-A3F8-10B674835448.jpeg
    904B8076-5A5E-4941-A3F8-10B674835448.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 79
  • A404380F-93F1-4AA4-8C08-3E425156F286.jpeg
    A404380F-93F1-4AA4-8C08-3E425156F286.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 79
  • F8E7C4A4-E267-4486-900B-1E97CC5A9A66.jpeg
    F8E7C4A4-E267-4486-900B-1E97CC5A9A66.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 83
  • BFF96F43-97BF-491F-8A1E-621DCD70AB14.jpeg
    BFF96F43-97BF-491F-8A1E-621DCD70AB14.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 0E8ADD85-C9A7-4860-9365-EA6E45893DE0.jpeg
    0E8ADD85-C9A7-4860-9365-EA6E45893DE0.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 8816836A-E287-4069-A016-EF0DC6A2888B.jpeg
    8816836A-E287-4069-A016-EF0DC6A2888B.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 85

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My temples have actually fared pretty well. I’m a textbook diffuse thinner. Hair is almost translucent in places under the sun. I guess I’m fortunate that you can still barely tell I’m balding from the front though.

Attachments

• 98EF2294-B539-4816-A6B1-F0C32824BEE1.jpeg
    98EF2294-B539-4816-A6B1-F0C32824BEE1.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 97

Solxama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jacob Williams , your hair still looks great, I wish I had hair like that :). Don't worry too much about it and have hope, I'm sure you will find something that works.

Anyway, I got some news for everyone here : I have decided as to my future regimen. If I do nothing I won't be able to forgive myself but I also want real results, not staying NW3 for ever. This is why I have decided to take the nuclear option. This is the plan :

1. First I am going to get on Finasteride as soon as possible, I'll ask my doctor for a prescription tomorrow, so even before I leave my country, I'll be able to buy 2-3 boxes as that's the maximum I'll most likely get on one prescription.

2. As soon as I arrive in the UK, I'm going to order Bica and Estrogel, I'll start with 50mg Bica and small amounts of E2 (0.75-2mg) on my balding crown and temples. I'll go easy first, to try and minimize gyno.

3. If the effects are not satisfactory or too slow, I will up the dose of E2 to full HRT doses (2-6mg), stay on it long enough to get good gains and then try to maintain them with Fina or Duta if Fina does not work well for me. If balding resumes, I will most likely start cycling HRT for the foreseeable future.

As for the gyno, I have decided to just accept that some amount of it is inevitable. I am pretty skinny, my weight at this point is 59kg, so in theory if I stay this way, there should not be enough fat to create big breast growth. If the gyno does start really bothering me, I might take breaks in using HRT and try to reduce it between cycles with stuff like Raloxifene, something similar to what nWo Wolfpack did. To be honest the gyno thing doesn't really bother me as much personally as long as it's not too bad, it's the reactions of others I fear and the need to hide it. But after thinking about this for the past few days, I have decided to simply stop caring about that anymore, hair is more important to me then people's opinions, even the opinions of my family members. And in the worst case scenario, gyno surgery is actually much cheaper then a hair transplant.

So my future regimen will look something like this to start with : 1mg Fina, 50 mg Bica, and 0.75-2mg Estrogel topically. I might also consider adding topical Minoxidil. If the doses are too low to have a good effect, I will up them and maybe try Duta instead of Fina.

I will keep everybody updated and I'll also take pictures of my progress and post them here. I might also create my own thread to document my treatment.

Thank you so much for inspiring me to take action people of hairlosstalk, thanks to you I have a chance to save my hair! :)

Last edited:

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jacob Williams , your hair still looks great, I wish I had hair like that :). Don't worry too much about it and have hope, I'm sure you will find something that works.

Anyway, I got some news for everyone here : I have decided as to my future regimen. If I do nothing I won't be able to forgive myself but I also want real results, not staying NW3 for ever. This is why I have decided to take the nuclear option. This is the plan :

1. First I am going to get on Finasteride as soon as possible, I'll ask my doctor for a prescription tomorrow, so even before I leave my country, I'll be able to buy 2-3 boxes as that's the maximum I'll most likely get on one prescription.

2. As soon as I arrive in the UK, I'm going to order Bica and Estrogel, I'll start of with 50mg Bica and small amounts of E2 (0.75-2mg) on my balding crown and temples. I'll go easy first, to try and minimize gyno.

3. If the effects are not satisfactory or too slow, I will up the dose of E2 to full HRT doses (2-6mg), stay on it long enough to get good gains and then try to maintain them with Fina or Duta if Fina does not work well for me. If balding resumes, I will most likely start cycling HRT for the foreseeable future.

As for the gyno, I have decided to just accept that some amount of it is inevitable. I am pretty skinny, my weight at this point is 59kg, so in theory if I stay this way, there should not be enough fat to create big breast growth. If the gyno does start really bothering me, I might take breaks in using HRT and try to reduce it between cycles with stuff like Raloxifene, something similar to what nWo Wolfpack did. To be honest the gyno thing doesn't really bother me as much personally as long as it's not too bad, it's the reactions of others I fear and the need to hide it. But after thinking about this for the past few days, I have decided to simply stop caring about that anymore, hair is more important to me then people"s opinions, even the opinions of my family members. And in the worst case scenario, gyno surgery is actually much cheaper then a hair transplant.

So my future regimen will look something like this to start with : 1mg Fina, 50 mg Bica, and 0.75-2mg Estrogel topically. I might also consider adding topical Minoxidil. If the doses are too low to have a good effect, I will up them and maybe try Duta instead of Fina.

I will keep everybody updated and I'll also take pictures of my progress and post them here. I might also create my own thread to document my treatment.

Thank you so much for inspiring me to take action people of hairlosstalk, thanks to you I have a chance to save my hair! :)
If you do get gyno surgery pick the right surgeon. The previous train of thought has been that you can’t remove the entire gland and as a result it will just grow back, but there are novel surgery techniques now that can remove the entire gland with the same aesthetic results. My surgeon removed the entire gland and it’s never grown back despite my regimen.

Solxama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you do get gyno surgery pick the right surgeon. The previous train of thought has been that you can’t remove the entire gland and as a result it will just grow back, but there are novel surgery techniques now that can remove the entire gland with the same aesthetic results. My surgeon removed the entire gland and it’s never grown back despite my regimen.
Nice! I'll keep that in mind. And it was still probably cheaper then a hair transplant lol.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's interesting, so basically you have no need for any AAs. How's your gyno BTW, is it bad?
I use a sports bra but it's not too bad. Nipples haven't changed much so breast reduction surgery would make me look like a normal dude.

Solxama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a sports bra but it's not too bad. Nipples haven't changed much so breast reduction surgery would make me look like a normal dude.
That's good to hear, maybe it will be similar with me if I manage to keep my weight low. I've heard HRT can make you hungry and that it's easier to gain weight on it, but I'll try to do my best and stick to my healthy diet and exercises.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am surprised how it is possible to reduce T to the level of castration with a plaster and gel, I am sure that this is impossible. Did you do the analysis? I take 6 mg of estradiol and my T level is higher than castration, and the E2 level is 110pg / ml.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am surprised how it is possible to reduce T to the level of castration with a plaster and gel, I am sure that this is impossible. Did you do the analysis? I take 6 mg of estradiol and my T level is higher than castration, and the E2 level is 110pg / ml.
Have done 5 tests, first pretreatment showing normal testosterone, then 3 tests after 6 months or so all showing very low testosterone, finally a test recently after reducing the dose for a few months showing normal testosterone.
Stable levels for a longer time seems to be the key to suppress without extreme doses.

Solxama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have done 5 tests, first pretreatment showing normal testosterone, then 3 tests after 6 months or so all showing very low testosterone, finally a test recently after reducing the dose for a few months showing normal testosterone.
Stable levels for a longer time seems to be the key to suppress without extreme doses.
Reading all of this on hairlosstalk makes most of my worries slowly disappear. Lower doses of any medication are generally safer, so hearing that I can nuke my T without extreme dosage is very nice. Once I start my new regimen, I aim to do hormone tests every 3 months of being on it, so I can monitor my levels closely, also I'll be doing liver functions as I'll be taking Bica.

To be honest I'm starting to think that the people way back in this thread are right, androgens are poison for people with certain genetics, and I'm one of them. Hair loss is one thing, but also my skin is very demanding, plus I hate the mental effects of Testosterone, like the aggression and the annoying T fueled sex drive.

Anyway, I got some news for everybody, my doctor gave me a prescription for 3 boxes of Finasteride. I will go to the Pharmacy tomorrow to buy them and I'll start taking it straight away. My supply should last 84 days, as the Fina sold in my country for balding is 28 1mg pills per box.

I also found Bica and Estrogel in very good prices online. Bica I will buy in 150mg pills that I will cut up, and Estrogel I will get from Otokonoko Pharmaceuticals, apparently beside being a bit unorthodox, people on reddit and 4chan say the products there are legit and good. All in all, my regimen should cost about 500-600$ a year, I think that's a very good price for potential hair regrowth. :)

Last edited:

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not take biku it is a useless thing for hair, you will ruin your health, and there will still be no result from it. When I was on a hard course, I took a lot of sh*t (estradiol, dutasteride, progesterone, bicalutamide, ciproterone) A few months ago, I canceled everything, leaving only estradiol and did not notice the difference, it turns out that I took all this sh*t in parentheses for nothing, killing my health!

Solxama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not take biku it is a useless thing for hair, you will ruin your health, and there will still be no result from it. When I was on a hard course, I took a lot of sh*t (estradiol, dutasteride, progesterone, bicalutamide, ciproterone) A few months ago, I canceled everything, leaving only estradiol and did not notice the difference, it turns out that I took all this sh*t in parentheses for nothing, killing my health!
When deciding on my new regimen, I wanted something to surely nuke most of my Androgens. So in theory it should work something like this, 5-ARI blocks DHT, AA blocks all Androgens and Estradiol stimulates growth and also blocks some T. Wouldn't the dose of Estradiol be much bigger without an AA for good regrowth as a lot of Androgens would still be present in the body?

Also the reason I chose Bica is that it looks the best on paper, it has the least side effects compared to other AAs (It does have a big risk of gyno, but I'll be getting that with E anyway.), and it's not that liver wrecking as Cyproterone for example. But If I do feel very unwell, or if my liver functions blood test shows something bad, then I will drop Bica and maybe go with just E.

Thank you for your concern and your suggestion, but for now, I'm going to go with the whole regimen, as it looks promising and other people earlier in this thread have had massive success with a 5-ARI, AA and E2 combination.

Now for a little story to give you an idea how bad my country is when it comes to treating hair loss. No pharmacy in my town sells Fina, so I had to look for it in the closest bigger city, 30km away. I found a pharmacy that's got it, but they only have one box in stock, and I can't buy one now and the others later because of some bureaucratic nonsense. So now I have to wait till tomorrow for them to order more boxes and only then can I buy my prescribed amount. And after that, I will have to hide the Fina from my mum before I leave to the UK, as she's opposed to even the weakest hormone modification drugs, using the whole "real man" cliche as an excuse. I love her dearly so I don't want to argue with her, but I'm so glad to be leaving soon. Why can't people understand the pain of loosing hair at a young age, it makes me so sad :(