Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I asked my mom to show her hairline. She has terrible hair quality and Norwood 2-2.5
I will have my breasts removed this summer, but I don’t have $ 170 to order Lena's injections.
My growth line is rapidly receding and I can see that soon the follicles will begin to die. I urgently need to find money for Lena injections, otherwise I will never restore my hair

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
My last post here for a long time cause reading this thread has been pretty depessing lately. I was obsessive over different regimens and my own regrowth too but some people here seem to be thinking about this 24/7. It’ll get better homies hang in there.
My hair is very far from perfect but I’m happy the way it is at the moment, plus I have thick(but blonde) vellus hair all the way to a perfect feminine round hairline so I’m sure it will fill in. Adding prog after the summer cause I dont want any additional breastgrowth to my already somewhat difficult to hide breasts. Just woke up and havent brushed hair so it looks kinda wack but whatever

Thank you all for the help and good luck, love you
Oh wow! It got definitely worse from the pics you posted last year. I hope you'll clear this sh*t oof. I will try to get duta this summer. Bicalutamide seems inaccessible for me and I am just too young.

Good luck! It was fun time with you, please don't forget us!

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My last post here for a long time cause reading this thread has been pretty depessing lately. I was obsessive over different regimens and my own regrowth too but some people here seem to be thinking about this 24/7. It’ll get better homies hang in there.
My hair is very far from perfect but I’m happy the way it is at the moment, plus I have thick(but blonde) vellus hair all the way to a perfect feminine round hairline so I’m sure it will fill in. Adding prog after the summer cause I dont want any additional breastgrowth to my already somewhat difficult to hide breasts. Just woke up and havent brushed hair so it looks kinda wack but whatever

Thank you all for the help and good luck, love you
Continue to post updates, the most interesting thing is ahead: new hair should increase in diameter and become longer. I wonder how long it takes. But I guess it takes 2 years for the growth line to fully recover. I hope by the end of this year your hair will be thicker and longer and you will be Norwood 0.
It would also be interesting to know about the side effect: how has the face changed, the redistribution of fat?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah congrats! You've got a good amount beyond the vellus stage. After seeing patterns like that time and time again, I am starting to believe that mature hairlines really aren't a thing and there's only different degrees of balding. You can see your hairline is "meant" to be lower, with that square section of hair going in a different direction than the center. It's almost like those areas are just naturally "perforated" and prone to being damaged easily in the presence of 5AR/androgens/lack of E, etc.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is better than it was at 17. It is most definitely alot better than any pics I posted last year :p But I guess I never posted pics of my left temple at that angle so it looks bad. I will be getting forehead reconstruction+hairline advancement when I get FFS so my hairline will end up fine. I started buying my bica and duta from rupills since my sources in EU have all been out of stock for months.
Wait oh, you´re Junely XD I thought Almas made that post so I missinterpreted it lol. And yeah, your hair literally improved with your treatment over the period of time!

And as I said, please don´t forget this place, as you have soo much experience to share with us, so we can learn and adjust knowledge by it!
Thank you, too!

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I sent this in PM before but I guess idc if its public. Top is 1-3 months HRT, bottom row is taken last month. I definitely feminized but not too bad imo. If youre masculine you wont end up looking like a woman, I wasnt masculine pre hrt and I dont look like one.
If you want to restore hair in the frontal areas, you need to take progesterone,it definitely restores them by inhibiting reductase with a progesterone metabolite, dihydroprogesterone by 90% ,estradiol does this only by 30%

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I sent this in PM before but I guess idc if its public. Top is 1-3 months HRT, bottom row is taken last month. I definitely feminized but not too bad imo. If youre masculine you wont end up looking like a woman, I wasnt masculine pre hrt and I dont look like one.
I had definitely grown my frontal receding hairline on progesterone,I could even feel the prostate gland being inhibited

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see that HRT is giving results in 3 months. It would be convenient to use HRT 3-4 months a year for support. The question is how quickly it increases the diameter of existing hair, makes its quality prepubertal, so that you can give your hair volume, style it with a hairdryer.

Since I have become very bald this year, the first cycle will have to be arranged for 6 months, while completely restoring my hair only for the second cycle. I will try to reduce the duration of the cycles to 3-4 months, because the strongest feminization occurs in 5-9 months

The main thing is that it works, and I do not continue to go bald ...

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see that HRT is giving results in 3 months. It would be convenient to use HRT 3-4 months a year for support. The question is how quickly it increases the diameter of existing hair, makes its quality prepubertal, so that you can give your hair volume, style it with a hairdryer.

Since I have become very bald this year, the first cycle will have to be arranged for 6 months, while completely restoring my hair only for the second cycle. I will try to reduce the duration of the cycles to 3-4 months, because the strongest feminization occurs in 5-9 months

The main thing is that it works, and I do not continue to go bald ...
Hrt should be permanent, otherwise you can not achieve any results or lose the acquired ones.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I've found out why HRT suddenly stopped working for me, and that was a change in diet. When it was successful, I was on a strict diet of no carbs, sugar and low fat, basically just tuna, chicken and salads. Since relapsing and eating more junk food, my skin looks terrible, libido has gone back up and my hair is getting greasy again. When I had to fast for surgery, my skin quality greatly improved and I felt as if HRT was working again. Maybe I'm just sensitive to these foods, but I feel as if it's something that's overlooked. Sweets and carbs, greasy foods and dairy products should be avoided.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I've found out why HRT suddenly stopped working for me, and that was a change in diet. When it was successful, I was on a strict diet of no carbs, sugar and low fat, basically just tuna, chicken and salads. Since relapsing and eating more junk food, my skin looks terrible, libido has gone back up and my hair is getting greasy again. When I had to fast for surgery, my skin quality greatly improved and I felt as if HRT was working again. Maybe I'm just sensitive to these foods, but I feel as if it's something that's overlooked. Sweets and carbs, greasy foods and dairy products should be avoided.
Leading a healthy lifestyle is never superfluous, but I don't think it has such a big effect on your hair that if HRT doesn't work for you, you will start getting results. I think this is a negligible effect, and the skin reacts more strongly

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Leading a healthy lifestyle is never superfluous, but I don't think it has such a big effect on your hair that if HRT doesn't work for you, you will start getting results. I think this is a negligible effect, and the skin reacts more strongly
If your regimen is working then don't change it, but if it isn't then your diet should be assessed. Sugary food spikes your blood sugar and is linked to acne. Certain foods cause imflammation in the skin, which result in excess oil production. Growth hormones in daiy can also cause acne.

Reactions: Yar

grimgrim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Junely, I was wondering what your HRT and hair loss cocktail was, I tried looking through the forums but it’s hard for new users to navigate.

I wanted to know if you were able to regrow your frontal hairline without using minoxidil, because I want to regrow my hairline as much as possible without using Min, because I was thinking the gains would be more permanent.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Junely, I was wondering what your HRT and hair loss cocktail was, I tried looking through the forums but it’s hard for new users to navigate.

I wanted to know if you were able to regrow your frontal hairline without using minoxidil, because I want to regrow my hairline as much as possible without using Min, because I was thinking the gains would be more permanent.
Whether you can restore your growth line depends on how long you've been balding and whether your follicles are alive. Also, a lot depends on genetics: Ikarus has been on HRT for a long time, but there is evidence that his growth line still leaves much to be desired. You can never predict how things will turn out.

witcheshat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, Janey, I'm new, and I need a whole new Androgenetic Alopecia regimen. Step one is to get on some kind of anti-androgen. I am a 40 something woman, Androgenetic Alopecia (secondary to PCOS) for over 20 years, lost over half my hair, and about half of that in a matter of months years and years ago. Have never psychologically recovered from that experience! Have been off Diane 35 for three years now and not wanting to go back on because of my age. Ended up (after a lot of experimenting and not sticking with anything else) only relying on Diane 35 as monotherapy for hair loss. Have not had a shed since coming off, but hair loss is progressing faster although scalp feels fine (the pill did not completely stop the loss, although it did slow it down. ) I am not under care of an endo (but have an upcoming appointment). I do not need contraception (I am gay and old) but to get anything prescribed I will need to go on hormonal contraception or a copper IUD (that's the way they do things here.) I don't want to faff about with that until I have worked out what I need to be on long term and I'm nervous about progestin-only contraception from a hair loss point of view. I don't want a progestin f*****g up my hair. Or if it does, I want to know that's the reason. Hence, starting the anti-androgens first.

So the plan is to DIY and experiment, and I may need to get blood tests done privately if needed. Obvs for bica it would be needed. Then I will see about getting what I want prescribed. I want to be able to chop and change until I'm happy. Bica is unlikely, duta is unlikely, finasteride, spironolactone and CPA all possible I think. Also, I don't know if I want to mess up my menstrual cycle too much (for health reasons, not hassle reasons, although obvs the hair is paramount. And the sexual sides are a minor consideration. Again, hair is paramount, but Diane has had some lasting effects there. Basically, most of the studies in women are done alongside estrogen-containing pills, which is fine, but I feel too old to risk being on one now. So I don't know how all this stuff is going to work without an OCP.

So the options are: spironolactone - I hate this stuff, I've tried it before, and there is no way I can do more than 100 mg, although I did read an interesting study about combining it with liquorice to offset some of the sides (well, not really the sides.) I have heart palpitations and a tendency to low blood pressure, so I would only really be interested in a low dose of spironolactone as support with finasteride I think, to block the increase in T, maybe just 50 mg. Also messes up periods, but the fatigue/dizziness etc is more of a concern for me.
CPA - I think I need to combine this with estrogen though? Plus the doses are insane, ten days out of the month a quarter of a pill is still a lot (Diane is only 2mg a day for 21 days out of 28). This needs more research.
finasteride - might try 2.5mg a day and see how it goes. Bit worried about raising the T too much. I have never had high T, but apparently it goes up about 40% in women. Conflicting studies on dosage in women, hence 2.5mg to start.
I could probably get any of these drugs prescribed with contraception.
These, however, seem less likely, although you never know:
dutasteride - think I'll try finasteride first, since if all goes badly, finasteride will be out of my system quicker.
Bica - very interested in this. Probably 12.5 mg or 25 mg a day. Ofc, potentially dangerous sides, liver must be monitored etc, so maybe a hassle to DIY? But some good recent studies. Both flut and bica seem to have the most impressive results for hair loss in women that I have seen. However, not sure how it's going to work with my PCOS. Also, on her alopecia, there have been two disasters; one lady ended up with serious lung disease within a few weeks, and one had reflex hyperandrogenicity. But then that could happen on finasteride too? Even the lady who had amazing results said the sexual side effects were severe, inability to orgasm etc. The worry is that those changes may not be fully reversible. I sound like a man complaining about this! But otoh, I've drooled over some of the studies and the progress pics! Seeing those partings tighten up! And aren't there always disasters on the internet?

I have a family history of breast cancer, which is a slight concern. spironolactone seems fine for that, obvs bica and finasteride/dutasteride are unknown.

Finance is a concern. I don't want to depend on an expensive regimen. I want something I can afford, come rain or shine. I already did the crazy spending money on random herbs and sh*t years ago. I wear a topper now outside the house, and I'm never going back unless I get considerable, OP levels of regrowth (which I'm not expecting.) So I have to pay for those. I also like taking as little of a drug as possible once it has built up in my tissues because I find with most anti-androgens that most of the benefit seems to be possible with a low dose.

Anyway, I'm posting here because this is a wonderful thread (I mean, seriously balding to hobbit hair in under 2 years!!) Very inspiring.