Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm about to lose my sh*t, I don't understand wtf is going on . Been on cpa 12.5 mg duta 1 cap 4 mg of E and 5 to 10 mg of loniten for right at a year now. Within 3 months of starting my hair exploded by may of this year my hair was at about 95% back. Now its reverted back to about 80 %. I still have no sebum or libido, did not change anything. I dont get it Yes I am male
Maybe it's the hair cycle working it's way through, fall out then new growth coming.

This is the difficulty of gauging effectiveness of a regimen on a particular individual.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it's the hair cycle working it's way through, fall out then new growth coming.

This is the difficulty of gauging effectiveness of a regimen on a particular individual.
after a year ? I'm bumping my E up to 6mg

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How has E affected your breasts? Also can you share baseline and current pics? Would be nice to see the difference.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
growth isn't always linear, sometimes a month goes by and I think it looks worse then another month and it looks better.

same with the breasts, I sware the size seems to flutuate lol

also could be initial minoxidil surge wearing off, when I was on 10mg per day seemed my hair was unnaturally dense, which scared me about syncronizing shedding

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
growth isn't always linear, sometimes a month goes by and I think it looks worse then another month and it looks better.

also could be initial minoxidil surge wearing off, when I was on 10mg per day seemed my hair was unnaturally dense, which scared me about syncronizing shedding
I'm no longer on E but even just on cypro I think my mild gyno fluctuates in size. A couple of days ago it was looking pretty noticeable ( to me ) and today my chest looks quite flat.. Its strange!

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm no longer on E but even just on cypro I think my mild gyno fluctuates in size. A couple of days ago it was looking pretty noticeable ( to me ) and today my chest looks quite flat.. Its strange!
I can't believe this what our life has come to Haha :D

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't believe this what our life has come to Haha :D
Ikr lol. I'm still losing my hair which sucks, but I've added in daily deep scalp massages and a 196 needle 1.50mm dermaroller once a week in hopes of breaking down the fibrosis.. Its the only thing I can think of which may be causing my lack of success, I've got pretty much all bases covered now so fingers crossed!

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I dont know about a sync shed. I do know up till april /may I had that doe eye look which I think is from E. That look is also gone, so I wonder if I some how acclimated to 4mgs of E. Waiting to hear about your prog addition and how are you using it ?

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hot and cold make a difference Take a hot shower and you will be puffy take a cold and you'll be pretty flat lol

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results, I honestly thought you were like a year younger than me(19-20.) The hormones made you rather attractive in more ways than simply just the hair. Currently I've had some growth which is nice but I was looking at some older pictures of myself with nice thick hair and it sort of flicked a switch in me to step up my regime. Right now my temples looked like yours in the early stages filled with thin white vellus hairs except some of mine are much longer. I've also had a few small darker hairs pop up but nothing with a cosmetic benefit. I'm thinking if I reduce scalp DHT by a good amount I'll likely see a fair amount of results in 1-2 months.

I'm unsure if you had much luck from solely dutasteride but I'm currently considering jumping on dutasteride for increased chance of regrowth, the sexual sides don't particularly bother me although I am concerned about brainfog and general effects on the brain. Did you have any issues with this?

Another reason I'm considering dutasteride over finasteride is for decreased body hair growth, I have a lot of body hair for my age and I'd like to decrease it's growth as much as possible. Did you notice much difference in body hair growth?

Trying out dutasteride then switching to finasteride likely won't be an option for me so it's one or the other, would you say the effects of dutasteride are that much more adverse than finasteride?

Regarding the rest of your regime, if I was to ever get desperate enough to try it as I don't believe anything is as effective as the hormonal route. How long did it take you to see results where you were happy with the cosmetic benefit?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s strange how your skin looks, well your face is definitely more rounder, feminine. If I lower my DHT my face looks worse, more pronounced wrinkles, must be the 5ar in my skin. It’s like anything i try, my body is saying “fk you, you’re going bald”

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s strange how your skin looks, well your face is definitely more rounder, feminine. If I lower my DHT my face looks worse, more pronounced wrinkles, must be the 5ar in my skin. It’s like anything i try, my body is saying “fk you, you’re going bald”
I don't think the shape of his face is changed, it is the lack of beard hair plus curly hair on top that gives the illusion.

To me his skin appears to be paler. Bridge is this from lack of sun this summer or do you think the regimen has something to do with it?

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

long hair

Reaction score
if you look like #1 people will think you are evil and criminal and they may avoid you ...but you can work as a guard or evil Hollywood character :)

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So here is my update after starting cypro 25mg and estradiol 1.5mg for 2 weeks plus the month and a half of spironolactone 200mg and estriol. Well I have to admit my hair does seem to look better, it has more volume and seems healthier but when I examine closer I still havent regrown a single god damned hair. I think im starting to notice my skin looking softer. reduced libido no morning wood or random erections. Dick seems to be working fine still. I have been getting tired throughout the day and havent been sleeping as well as before. I was feeling exausted 3 days ago so I lowered my cypro dose from 25mg to 12.5mg. I've read that for most people 12.5 should be enough. Alot of people get cypro sides at 50 or 25mg but dont at 12 or even 10 or 8. Its a powerful drug and it seems to me that alot of the side effects come from not testoterone reduction but just having too much of the drug in your system because there are people out there who only take 8mg a day without sides and have Very Very low levels of testosterone. I feel better since I've lowered my dose. More energy like my oldself. No mental effects yet. I dont feel any calmer but Im usually a pretty laid back guy anyways though I am quick to anger but I like that. It helps me stand up for my self and I like having an edge and being agressive.

So maybe I'm growing tiny microscopic hairs right now but I just havent noticed. I havent examined my scalp with a magnifying glass or anything so I remain cautiously optimistic. I will probably update again in a couple of weeks.

yourworld001

Established Member
Reaction score
So here is my update after starting cypro 25mg and estradiol 1.5mg for 2 weeks plus the month and a half of spironolactone 200mg and estriol. Well I have to admit my hair does seem to look better, it has more volume and seems healthier but when I examine closer I still havent regrown a single god damned hair. I think im starting to notice my skin looking softer. reduced libido no morning wood or random erections. Dick seems to be working fine still. I have been getting tired throughout the day and havent been sleeping as well as before. I was feeling exausted 3 days ago so I lowered my cypro dose from 25mg to 12.5mg. I've read that for most people 12.5 should be enough. Alot of people get cypro sides at 50 or 25mg but dont at 12 or even 10 or 8. Its a powerful drug and it seems to me that alot of the side effects come from not testoterone reduction but just having too much of the drug in your system because there are people out there who only take 8mg a day without sides and have Very Very low levels of testosterone. I feel better since I've lowered my dose. More energy like my oldself. No mental effects yet. I dont feel any calmer but Im usually a pretty laid back guy anyways though I am quick to anger but I like that. It helps me stand up for my self and I like having an edge and being agressive.

So maybe I'm growing tiny microscopic hairs right now but I just havent noticed. I havent examined my scalp with a magnifying glass or anything so I remain cautiously optimistic. I will probably update again in a couple of weeks.

Have you developed any gyno yet? What about muscle loss and fat distribution?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you developed any gyno yet? What about muscle loss and fat distribution?

No and no. I'm hoping to be one of the people that dont get gyno until very late. It also has to do with your genetics. If the women in your familly are large breasted than you are much more likely to have pronounced gyno. fortunately in my family the women are all flat chested so I have that working in my favour. Ive read accounts of male to female trans people online who complain that despite years of hormone replecement therapy they still have no breast growth. So I'm hoping that will be the case for me. also keeping a low body weight will help, if there isnt much fat to distribute than there isn't going to be much change. I also am continuing to lift weights to keep up my muscular apperance. Again there is much variance to what happens to people on HRT. Some have great difficulty losing muscle and have to try extremely low protien diets and doing lots of cardio/no weightlifting to see a change. So again I am hoping I fall into that category.

I know I'm leaving a lot to chance here but it is the only option I have left.