Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a crock of sh*t, I'm dramatically lowering my DHT levels and using estriol and evening primrose oil and taking desmopressin as it increases estrogen and improves body hydration and I don't even look close to female.

If anything my skin just looks better, my girlfriend recently commented on how much nicer my skin looks and that I'm far less prone to irritation and acne. I still have big f*****g arms and a muscular chest and my face is still angular, it just now looks very hydrated and even in complexion.

You don't have to transition in order to get the effective results of estrogen, the honest truth is, most people you see who are steady into their 30s who have a full head of hair and nice skin are men with higher estrogen levels by default, that's the dirty secret most people won't tell you. Most men either have higher estrogen or they're hormonally insensitive and thus look more soft and estrogenic.

All you are doing exogenously is manually tweaking either the process of aromatase or directly adding the hormone you're missing, you're being grossly hyperbolic by saying using any estrogen at all is transitioning. Most men have no f*****g clue as to how much estrogen is in their system at any time, least of which men who have zero problems with patterned hair loss, because why would you? But I can absolutely f*****g guarantee you that it's higher in men who don't have androgen insensitivity who also have a full head of hair.

There are some freaks of nature out there who can have insane test levels and have a full head of hair, but that is not the standard. Most men who have good skin and thick hair either have comparably higher estrogen levels or are so androgen insensitive that they are functionally speaking more estrogenic.

All young teenaged and 20 something boys as the stereotype goes have "higher testosterone" but everything about their complexions is completely and utterly indicative of higher estrogen as well. You don't get soft skin and features without it. It has nothing to do with merely "being young" outside of the fact that young teenaged boys and 20 something men aromatise more test into E.

I looked extremely young for my age all of my years and over time it seems like my ability to aromatise test into estrogen has suddenly declined, for what reason I don't know, but it is now improving with certain supplements and medications, and mysteriously that really nice youthful complexion has just come roaring back and I'm 40 years old.

I still look athletic, but I do look a -lot- younger. now.
Any idea where I can get the betamethasone, I am from Canada everything seems to require a doctor prescription
Thankz

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
All I know is that if you use progestin based steroids you basically nuke your test levels so I have no idea about CPA, I don't touch the stuff.

But with for example Trenbolone which is a progestin based steroid, if you don't take it with testosterone in tandem, your testosterone levels are likely to get nuked, so I can only presume that it will also antagonize estrogen levels. That's about the only analog I can offer you, all I can say is that I would personally prefer to have a slightly higher estrogen to progesterone balance personally for the sake of hair growth, but I think nuking progesterone to nothing is probably not a good idea either.
Do you have before and after pics?

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if there is an up regulation of the estrogen receptors an AI will deplete aromatase within the follicles, making all of your androgens more dangerous to them. Normally the follicle is a source of estrogen production by local aromatization, if that gets disrupted the paracrine enviroment will shift to an androgenic paradigm. That's part of the reason why certain corticosteroids can promote regrowth; by up regulating local aromatase by several hundred percent.
Can you please explain further.
I think by taking Ostarine I blocked the Androgen receptors in the scalp thus upregulating them.
Do you think by applying betamethasone, I can unregulated the Ostrogen receptor whitin the Follicules
I guess the application of the gel must be a life time thing, will discontinued application causes harm inside the Follicules
Thanks

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any idea where I can get the betamethasone, I am from Canada everything seems to require a doctor prescription
Thankz

yes, I had to get a dr prescription, I just went to him and was like "my scalp is red and angry, I want betamethasone" but it took some time for me to build a rapport with my doctor knowing I've been on those things before.

If you have oily scalp however lay off corticosteroids until you get that under control, you must control the oiliness.

Also there is a correlation between high levels of igf-1 and upregulation of androgens, so you really need to get that under control, you need to talk to a Doctor and get blood tests for insulin and igf-1.

If you live in canada you can find a doctor that specializes in hair related issues as well.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you please explain further.
I think by taking Ostarine I blocked the Androgen receptors in the scalp thus upregulating them.
Do you think by applying betamethasone, I can unregulated the Ostrogen receptor whitin the Follicules
I guess the application of the gel must be a life time thing, will discontinued application causes harm inside the Follicules
Thanks

I would avoid ostarine until you figure out what's wrong, if it increases growth hormone and you've got oily skin, you're probably have an excess of GH and/or igf-1.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have before and after pics?

Not before but I have posted a photo post-recovery for the first time I regained my hair.

I was so distraught over how bad it was (I had to shave my head and even then it was noticeable) that I wouldn't dare take any pics, this was back in 2007 when it first happened.

I'm in the process of recovering my hair a second time, and I have met with a stubborn obstacle, namely that my igf-1 and insulin are high, I am waiting on my estrogel to get in the mail and to see one of the doctors that is going to put me on metformin, which thankfully not only increases insulin sensitivity, but actually downregulates insulin and igf-1 and lowers DHEA as well.

igf-1 actually enhances the effects of androgens, so even with it being in the upper eighth of the reference range is not good at all for my hair. It is however a testament to how androgen resistant my hair actually is, even though I am dealing with some hair loss. Because it has taken a strong increase of igf-1 to restart the hairloss process again.

Once I get that under control, get on some actual 17b estradiol, I should be in much better shape.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If my testosterone is over 1500, would 50/50 spironolactone with 3 pumps of estrogel on the scalp be enough?

Your test is quite high, I would say even if it's not clinical grade, I've had good success lowering my test with red reishi mushroom in supplement form. Even the doctor was like "how did it go down that far?" and I explained to him that I insisted on trying to get it down using supplements and red reishi works.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All I know is that if you use progestin based steroids you basically nuke your test levels so I have no idea about CPA, I don't touch the stuff.

But with for example Trenbolone which is a progestin based steroid, if you don't take it with testosterone in tandem, your testosterone levels are likely to get nuked, so I can only presume that it will also antagonize estrogen levels. That's about the only analog I can offer you, all I can say is that I would personally prefer to have a slightly higher estrogen to progesterone balance personally for the sake of hair growth, but I think nuking progesterone to nothing is probably not a good idea either.
Thanks for responding and for your help!

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm taking it orally, via a liquid solution (the Labrasol tastes foul). Enza crosses the bbr, whereas darolutamide doesn't. Daro is the safer and more efficacious drug, but even the raw powder is prohibitively expensive. I received a quote for 600grams ( a 2.7 year supply at the recommended 600mg a day dose ) at 54000 USD.
Where on earth did you get that the recommended dosage for hair loss was 600mg a day?

IdealForehead was using 4mg a day at .2% successfully before he left the forum, and he said even that was an excessive amount.

Last edited:

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where on earth did you get that the recommended dosage for hair loss was 600mg a day?

IdealForehead was using 4mg a day at .2% successfully before he left the forum, and he said even that was an excessive amount.
Hello,
the reccomended oral dose of nubeqa (darolutamide) is 600 mg a day. This is an oral dose, not a topical one.

WindR

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not before but I have posted a photo post-recovery for the first time I regained my hair.

I was so distraught over how bad it was (I had to shave my head and even then it was noticeable) that I wouldn't dare take any pics, this was back in 2007 when it first happened.

I'm in the process of recovering my hair a second time, and I have met with a stubborn obstacle, namely that my igf-1 and insulin are high, I am waiting on my estrogel to get in the mail and to see one of the doctors that is going to put me on metformin, which thankfully not only increases insulin sensitivity, but actually downregulates insulin and igf-1 and lowers DHEA as well.

igf-1 actually enhances the effects of androgens, so even with it being in the upper eighth of the reference range is not good at all for my hair. It is however a testament to how androgen resistant my hair actually is, even though I am dealing with some hair loss. Because it has taken a strong increase of igf-1 to restart the hairloss process again.

Once I get that under control, get on some actual 17b estradiol, I should be in much better shape.
For those over 44 years, metformin might be ineffective.
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19878986
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28770322
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31794067

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and I have been losing my hair since I was 18 years old. Unfortunately, I have the worst baldness possible: DUPA. To sum up, I am losing my hair all over my skull which makes hair transplant impossible.
I tried finasteride, dutasteride, RU, but nothing works on this baldness because it is not linked by DHT. I am currently in depression and I don't know what to do.

What else can I try?
The big things you can try are oral minoxidil, estrogen, needling

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and I have been losing my hair since I was 18 years old. Unfortunately, I have the worst baldness possible: DUPA. To sum up, I am losing my hair all over my skull which makes hair transplant impossible.
I tried finasteride, dutasteride, RU, but nothing works on this baldness because it is not linked by DHT. I am currently in depression and I don't know what to do.

What else can I try?
Those three drugs you mentioned all failed me as well (RU actually worsened my situ). @Norwoody mentioned the ONLY things that have been efficacious for me: oral min and estradiol. I'm on the fence about whether needling has every helped me but others swear by it.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those three drugs you mentioned all failed me as well (RU actually worsened my situ). @Norwoody mentioned the ONLY things that have been efficacious for me: oral min and estradiol. I'm on the fence about whether needling has every helped me but others swear by it.

needling is the king

i didnt start growing in raw grass fed patches in scalp until i combined bi-estro, ketoconazole cream with derm pen microneedling at 2.5mm

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have DUPA like me ?
The oral minoxidil is not dangerous? what's the frequency of use of the oral minoxidil? I've also heard that it causes aging of the skin.

What exactly is Estradiol, a cream? I'm interested but I don't want to turn into a girl. If I can get my hair back by increasing the estro rate without turning into a girl it would be perfect.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have DUPA like me ?
The oral minoxidil is not dangerous? what's the frequency of use of the oral minoxidil? I've also heard that it causes aging of the skin.

What exactly is Estradiol, a cream? I'm interested but I don't want to turn into a girl. If I can get my hair back by increasing the estro rate without turning into a girl it would be perfect.

he might be referring to bi-estro cream which is nothing...dosages are far lower unlike like the pharmacy grade estriol which will turn u into a tranny.

plus ur body needs a healthy amount of estriol/estrial anyway

we're only concerned about getting estriol/estrial on the scalp at low dosages. Not in the system.

Last edited:

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is transitioning to be MTF worth it for the hair?

I mean, it’s not transitioning if you don’t pass, in which most people here would stay looking male regardless due to clothing style, hair cuts, facial hair, etc. They would end up looking a lot younger though