Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps finasteride non-responders aromatize insufficiently enough to benefit from the drug.
I think aromatase is actually the main way finasteride/dutasteride work, by funneling the T to cyp19a1 enzymes instead of 5AR. Which can explain why it often doesn't help temples very much, because that area is notoriously aromatase deficient.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm curious why people use a Synthetic form of Progesterone too! Why not use Bio-identical/BodyIdentical Progesterone (Prometrium). It can be be taken Orally, Rectally or (for women) Vaginally. It's extremely flexible and it's a natural Gaba enhancer & Anxiolytic which anyone dealing with the stress of hair loss can benefit from!

Progesterone is a false path, I can tell you that right now, in theory it inhibits DHT, but it reduces estrogen and estrogen regardless of what anyone wants to believe is the hormone that will ensure the best regrowth and maintenance of hair.

If you're male and you already have high test and low estrogen, you are going to make your hair loss worse by taking progesterone and also increase stress and anxiety because your progesterone to estrogen levels will be off.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is transitioning to be MTF worth it for the hair?

What a crock of sh*t, I'm dramatically lowering my DHT levels and using estriol and evening primrose oil and taking desmopressin as it increases estrogen and improves body hydration and I don't even look close to female.

If anything my skin just looks better, my girlfriend recently commented on how much nicer my skin looks and that I'm far less prone to irritation and acne. I still have big f*****g arms and a muscular chest and my face is still angular, it just now looks very hydrated and even in complexion.

You don't have to transition in order to get the effective results of estrogen, the honest truth is, most people you see who are steady into their 30s who have a full head of hair and nice skin are men with higher estrogen levels by default, that's the dirty secret most people won't tell you. Most men either have higher estrogen or they're hormonally insensitive and thus look more soft and estrogenic.

All you are doing exogenously is manually tweaking either the process of aromatase or directly adding the hormone you're missing, you're being grossly hyperbolic by saying using any estrogen at all is transitioning. Most men have no f*****g clue as to how much estrogen is in their system at any time, least of which men who have zero problems with patterned hair loss, because why would you? But I can absolutely f*****g guarantee you that it's higher in men who don't have androgen insensitivity who also have a full head of hair.

There are some freaks of nature out there who can have insane test levels and have a full head of hair, but that is not the standard. Most men who have good skin and thick hair either have comparably higher estrogen levels or are so androgen insensitive that they are functionally speaking more estrogenic.

All young teenaged and 20 something boys as the stereotype goes have "higher testosterone" but everything about their complexions is completely and utterly indicative of higher estrogen as well. You don't get soft skin and features without it. It has nothing to do with merely "being young" outside of the fact that young teenaged boys and 20 something men aromatise more test into E.

I looked extremely young for my age all of my years and over time it seems like my ability to aromatise test into estrogen has suddenly declined, for what reason I don't know, but it is now improving with certain supplements and medications, and mysteriously that really nice youthful complexion has just come roaring back and I'm 40 years old.

I still look athletic, but I do look a -lot- younger. now.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if there is an up regulation of the estrogen receptors an AI will deplete aromatase within the follicles, making all of your androgens more dangerous to them. Normally the follicle is a source of estrogen production by local aromatization, if that gets disrupted the paracrine enviroment will shift to an androgenic paradigm. That's part of the reason why certain corticosteroids can promote regrowth; by up regulating local aromatase by several hundred percent.

DUDE, that's why betamethasone helped me so much.

JaySegura

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a crock of sh*t, I'm dramatically lowering my DHT levels and using estriol and evening primrose oil and taking desmopressin as it increases estrogen and improves body hydration and I don't even look close to female.

If anything my skin just looks better, my girlfriend recently commented on how much nicer my skin looks and that I'm far less prone to irritation and acne. I still have big f*****g arms and a muscular chest and my face is still angular, it just now looks very hydrated and even in complexion.

You don't have to transition in order to get the effective results of estrogen, the honest truth is, most people you see who are steady into their 30s who have a full head of hair and nice skin are men with higher estrogen levels by default, that's the dirty secret most people won't tell you. Most men either have higher estrogen or they're hormonally insensitive and thus look more soft and estrogenic.

All you are doing exogenously is manually tweaking either the process of aromatase or directly adding the hormone you're missing, you're being grossly hyperbolic by saying using any estrogen at all is transitioning. Most men have no f*****g clue as to how much estrogen is in their system at any time, least of which men who have zero problems with patterned hair loss, because why would you? But I can absolutely f*****g guarantee you that it's higher in men who don't have androgen insensitivity who also have a full head of hair.

There are some freaks of nature out there who can have insane test levels and have a full head of hair, but that is not the standard. Most men who have good skin and thick hair either have comparably higher estrogen levels or are so androgen insensitive that they are functionally speaking more estrogenic.

All young teenaged and 20 something boys as the stereotype goes have "higher testosterone" but everything about their complexions is completely and utterly indicative of higher estrogen as well. You don't get soft skin and features without it. It has nothing to do with merely "being young" outside of the fact that young teenaged boys and 20 something men aromatise more test into E.

I looked extremely young for my age all of my years and over time it seems like my ability to aromatise test into estrogen has suddenly declined, for what reason I don't know, but it is now improving with certain supplements and medications, and mysteriously that really nice youthful complexion has just come roaring back and I'm 40 years old.

I still look athletic, but I do look a -lot- younger. now.
Heyy. What’s your dose of estrogen if you don’t mind me asking :3

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Progesterone is a false path, I can tell you that right now, in theory it inhibits DHT, but it reduces estrogen and estrogen regardless of what anyone wants to believe is the hormone that will ensure the best regrowth and maintenance of hair.

If you're male and you already have high test and low estrogen, you are going to make your hair loss worse by taking progesterone and also increase stress and anxiety because your progesterone to estrogen levels will be off.
I've never come across the theory that Exogenous Bio-identical Progesterone "reduces" Estrogens and increases stress and anxiety. I'd love to take a look at your source material for this hypothesis.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heyy. What’s your dose of estrogen if you don’t mind me asking :3

I couldn't tell you exactly because I mix it into a solution, so I will offer the same explanation I've given to another:

"I mix roughly 50mg (a single pump dose) of the estriol topical into a dropper bottle containing a solvent "witch hazel" and distilled water in a 1/4 ratio, the dropper bottle is 25ml so minus the displacement of the estriol lotion, that's how much solution gets into the bottle, I'm so good at eyeballing it now I don't even measure it out, I know what my 1/4 mixture looks like and how it feels when I apply.

I then apply the serum from the dropper bottle to get coverage on the areas of my scalp as-needed.

Because everyone's tolerance for these hormones is different, I cannot tell you what you'll need but I can give you my baseline concentration of the mix as a metric from which to start, and I do recommend starting low and titrating up until you start feeling or seeing side effects that you find undesirable, and then titrating back until you have the most optimal effect.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never come across the theory that Exogenous Bio-identical Progesterone "reduces" Estrogens and increases stress and anxiety. I'd love to take a look at your source material for this hypothesis.

Don't be a "source" f**, I won't tolerate sophistry and genetic fallacies.

In addition, low progesterone levels can cause too-high levels of estrogen, which can decrease sex drive, contribute to weight gain, or cause gallbladder problems.

If low progesterone causes an excess of estrogen, then raising it will lower estrogen, it's a feedback loop which all human bodies are subject to, it's that simple, it's not a hypothesis, an imbalance of estrogen/progesterone in women is a very common cause of anxiety and mood disorders.

In closing, if you want yo' muthaphuckin hair to grow back, and to offset the effects of DHT, use estrogen, don't bother trying to take shortcuts or beat the system with progesterone, it's a false path.

t. somebody who was prescribed pharmaceutical grade progesterone and it did not help my hair but it sure as f*** gave me gyno

Yes, progesterone "technically" inhibits DHT, but it does so in a way that costs you valuable hair growth by means of estrogen. I mean yes if you want to stack estrogen and progesterone together exogenously by all means go ahead and try but please report back to all of us and tell us how you managed to stop titties from growing at a geometric rate.

If you want to look like Rich Piana and you are androgen sensitive, accelerate your hair loss and get a transplant, otherwise you're going to have to use the hormone which is most useful in growing back and preventing hair loss entirely.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought we were among friends, and friends make a point of watching all sides of their companions, no judgment. I agree that sometimes there are people who go over the point, but it is undeniable how much @JaneyElizabeth added to this conversation, unlike most who come here and only get information, the guy comes has the courage to put his face on helping everyone and guys speak bad is still bad .

Janey may like to include anecdotes but that's just adding to the human experience of what they're going through, and their recovery is undeniable, I am in agreement with Tato here, they've contributed a respectable amount of information to this subject and in terms of helping others who aren't even interested in transitioning.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone 50/50+ estradiol 2mg

Attachments

• 520852B5-7618-4846-BAF5-8BE012D428A4.jpeg
    520852B5-7618-4846-BAF5-8BE012D428A4.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 307

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If low progesterone causes an excess of estrogen, then raising it will lower estrogen, it's a feedback loop which all human bodies are subject to, it's that simple, it's not a hypothesis, an imbalance of estrogen/progesterone in women is a very common cause of anxiety and mood disorders.

In closing, if you want yo' muthaphuckin hair to grow back, and to offset the effects of DHT, use estrogen, don't bother trying to take shortcuts or beat the system with progesterone, it's a false path.

t. somebody who was prescribed pharmaceutical grade progesterone and it did not help my hair but it sure as f*** gave me gyno

Yes, progesterone "technically" inhibits DHT, but it does so in a way that costs you valuable hair growth by means of estrogen. I mean yes if you want to stack estrogen and progesterone together exogenously by all means go ahead and try but please report back to all of us and tell us how you managed to stop titties from growing at a geometric rate.

If you want to look like Rich Piana and you are androgen sensitive, accelerate your hair loss and get a transplant, otherwise you're going to have to use the hormone which is most useful in growing back and preventing hair loss entirely.
I've used progesterone with and without estrogen. What you say matches my experience, including the gyno.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Лучший ингибитор тестостерона - спиронолактон, мой опыт включает это подтверждение! Он в основном влияет на shbg печени, который связывает тестостерон и препятствует его соединению с рецептором.Конечно, вам нужно добавить эстрадиол.Используйте этот метод, и у вас будут волосы. расти!

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Лучший ингибитор тестостерона - спиронолактон, мой опыт включает это подтверждение! Он в основном влияет на shbg печени, который связывает тестостерон и препятствует его соединению с рецептором.Конечно, вам нужно добавить эстрадиол.Используйте этот метод, и у вас будут волосы. расти!

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Does the same happens with CPA as well since it is a progestin/progestogen+AA, so is activating the progesterone receptor thus higher progesterone? So CPA without any form of Estrogen (talking about either Estriol or Estradiol, not for example EthinylEstradiol like Diane-35) would be bad? Thank you very much.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All I know is that if you use progestin based steroids you basically nuke your test levels so I have no idea about CPA, I don't touch the stuff.

But with for example Trenbolone which is a progestin based steroid, if you don't take it with testosterone in tandem, your testosterone levels are likely to get nuked, so I can only presume that it will also antagonize estrogen levels. That's about the only analog I can offer you, all I can say is that I would personally prefer to have a slightly higher estrogen to progesterone balance personally for the sake of hair growth, but I think nuking progesterone to nothing is probably not a good idea either.

WindR

My Regimen
Reaction score
If my testosterone is over 1500, would 50/50 spironolactone with 3 pumps of estrogel on the scalp be enough?

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
DUDE, that's why betamethasone helped me so much.
Dogo,

Do you recommend applying betamethasone to any oily region in Scalp. Would it promote Hair growth.

I would interested to know, what would happen if the betamethasone is discontinued

Also, do the betamethasone up regulated the Estrogen receptor ?

I think my problem is related to an unregulated androgen receptor by taking Ostarine for a period of 2 months. At the discontinuation of the Ostarine this is when he'll started for me

Thanks for all your support and knowledge
Happy new year