Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll try it out friday, 1.5mm barely leaves a mark anyway (red skin for a couple hours, only a couple specks of blood).
I don't need new growth though, I need the next stage. I would be perfectly happy with my hairline if my current vellus hairs grew.

yeah dude 1.5mm is nothign compared to the king 2.5mm. I got a derm pen and i put the microneedling at a speed of 4 and damn the pain is so much especially around the hairline lol. I was bleeding everywhere in happy tears

what's your diet like by the way? People underestimate this whole heartdedly...

If you're eating grains and oat meal and fake food you're blocking your body from getting the minerals and nutrients to build hair. Also dairy is a big no no too.

your hair follicles need nutrients for max gains. I started exploding in hair growth when I changed my diet.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm already in tears at 1.5mm max speed so 2.5mm will be a challenge for me lol.. My diet is pretty much the worst it could be. I only eat every 2/3 days and when I eat it's junk food. Before that I would eat chicken, rice, broccoli everyday and drink a liter of milk, some oatmeal and a protein shake everyday. I always ate/was unhealthy which sure didn't help my shitty hair genetics. At least I take a multivitamin + zinc + biotin supplement everyday so thats something...

What do you recommend?

you don't have to overdo it with dieting just make sure you get all the vitamins in daily including D2, K2, A etc. high fatty diet with salmon, eggs etc because healthy fats really promote hair growth. Veggies as well. Dairy is a disease for the hair and grains just inhibit mineral absorbtion.

you can use supplements to boost such as magneisum, zinc picco , d2 oil pills, grape seed extract...list goes on

I don't personally use finasteride or minoxidil. i had a personal regiment of bi-esto cream, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, emu oil(bird fat lol), and ketoconazole cream 2% and of course microneedling. Hair results came in like fast acting steroids...results that would challenge minoxidil and finasteride.

Hair density is no longer my priority because that's almost fixed but I'm testing the 2.5mm microneedle theory to see if I can legimately become a solid norwood 0 or not. (currently norwood 1)

1608489629201.png

Last edited:

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you don't have to overdo it with dieting just make sure you get all the vitamins in daily including D2, K2, A etc. high fatty diet with salmon, eggs etc because healthy fats really promote hair growth. Veggies as well. Dairy is a disease for the hair and grains just inhibit mineral absorbtion.

you can use supplements to boost such as magneisum, zinc picco , d2 oil pills, grape seed extract...list goes on

I don't personally use finasteride or minoxidil. i had a personal regiment of bi-esto cream, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, emu oil(bird fat lol), and ketoconazole cream 2% and of course microneedling. Hair results came in like fast acting steroids...results that would challenge minoxidil and finasteride.

Hair density is no longer my priority because that's almost fixed but I'm testing the 2.5mm microneedle theory to see if I can legimately become a solid norwood 0 or not. (currently norwood 1)

View attachment 153098
NW1 is little to NO hair loss, NW0 is forum slang for a naturally low hairline which mostly comes from skull shape and facial proportions. If you never had a "NW0" hairline then you prob cant achieve it without min.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW1 is little to NO hair loss, NW0 is forum slang for a naturally low hairline which mostly comes from skull shape and facial proportions. If you never had a "NW0" hairline then you prob cant achieve it without min.

im talking about temples filled in 100% whether you had a low hairline or regular 4 head. Not having to be an aggressive low hairline.

1608490225040.png

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah its NW1, I dont care what you say look up the definition of NW1.

Just looked it up. Its saying norwood 1 is the first stage of maturing. So according to you anyone who has a regular 4 head with no sign of hairloss and is completely straight and filled in is a norwood 1. Google says differently.

1608491929435.png

1608491968873.png

JolietJake

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Some fantastic knowledge and insight here! Let me introduce myself - I'm Jake and I'm a 33 year old guy from the UK. My hairloss journey actually dates back to me being 21 when I first started on Finasteride after around 6 months in denial about my receding hairline and general thinning. Don't get me wrong - nothing major but it was without a doubt male pattern baldness. Was actually a member of this forum under a different name but more of a lurker. Started minoxidil around age 26ish id say and have used nizoral on and off until the present day. In around 2013 after a number of years of working out and keeping fit i used anabolic steroids for the first time sticking to the hair safe cycles (I know, no such thing but some are worse than others) over the first couple of years with no further loss and a massive change in physique - think mens health covers, them sort of guys. Not HUGE but well built with a ripped/athletic physique. In recent years I used more aggressive androgenic compounds which really had an negative impact on my hair, particularly yhe hairline and its now much more sparse and thinner especially around the forelock and temples. I still use testosterone weekly in a relatively low dose for general health and well being and it maintains my physique and strength. I'm on a mission now to get my hair back in a better state and within the last few 3 months have started RU88841 swapped finasteride for dutasteride and swapped liquid minoxidil for oral minoxidil. I have been reading a lot on Spironolactone (oral) after seeing a couple of guys on here Jgray201 and americanhairlines90 both having fantastic regrowth on this along with a poster named jlb1177 who was really into working out and lifting weights like myself. My question is - what do you think about using this at 100mg a day and would i still be able to successfully use my 250mg of testosterone enathate a week to maintain physique while using the Spironolactone to deal with the androgen receptor and hopefully provide regrowth? I'm fully aware of the potential side effects. Its actually often used by bodybuilders as a diuretic before a show to strip the water weight and 'dry out'

I appreciate this is a long drawn out message I just wanted to give you an idea of my journey and who I am in with the question.

Thanks for reading, would really appreciate your thoughts.

Jake

Blackweasel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for the long absence.
I feel obligated to show my progress and my current situation.

Basically it worked, I am close to my target of NW2 and hair loss is less of an issue (it still is, it always will be, I will always worry about it and sheds). My crown has increased in density. I still get high shedding sometimes and just shave and re grow my hair to normal when that happens. I still have normal sexual
function after a year of 200mg or 100mg spironolactone daily. I also take Estrogen (not always same E) every first 7 days of each month.
I also crush estro and half spironolactone pills and add them to my Minoxidl. I also apply this EXACTLY afer dermarolling, now with Dr. pen. I massage my scalp.

Sides exist, I feel maybe older physically and slightly less strong. I still have masculine muscle mass, with decent arms. I was stronger with a more heated mind say in a male to male confrontation before. Now im more aware, and maybe more mentally thoughtful.
My facial hair grows slower, erections are slightly harder to maintain, although I still have FULL sexual function, 3 days with no drugs means that I have normal erections, but if you take 200mg spironolactone and estro and go fuk its not gonna help you, so if I suspect a possibility of being with a girl I just miss doses. Its that simple. When I have an issue, I stop for a week (did this once) and everything is normal again, restart.

My gyno still exists, but its so minor! Nobody has ever said
anything. Strangely my right side has been re absorbed and now just have a little on the left which ill operate and remove soon. It barely effects me. The worst side is occassional aches, but dont know if this is the cause.

This has been a positive journey but not without its challenges. You MUST be fully committed to it IT CAN WORK, but it can also destroy your life if you dont know what youre doing and if you dont respect it. If you are extra androgenous before you start with defined muscle, lots of facial hair etc you will NEVER become a woman or become femenine atleast in my experience. Its been interesting seeing others with less hairloss go bald whilst I have stronger hair and can grow it out.

It takes a LONG time for things to happen too.

Thanks to all those who have helped me, I still have a long way to go and am
thinking on how to fix temples. Remember I had FUE in my frontal, but all my scalp hair is stronger than it was and crown is better.

I dont know if I can maintain this forever bt atleast till 40 ill have an aging wife and family by then so maybe I can accept hair loss. Now Id get suicidal loosing my hair.

Peace,
BW

Attachments

• F9668824-672A-4A6D-8743-19A4BAF16E61.jpeg
    F9668824-672A-4A6D-8743-19A4BAF16E61.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 246
  • 79451611-7785-41BA-9476-1AB7CC766DEE.png
    79451611-7785-41BA-9476-1AB7CC766DEE.png
    746 KB · Views: 253

Blackweasel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another pic with lower hair freshly cut.

Attachments

• 7A546276-0286-4B85-B9FC-7BD22C8DD32D.jpeg
    7A546276-0286-4B85-B9FC-7BD22C8DD32D.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 206

Blackweasel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before, 1 year ago.

Attachments

• 819BE909-ADC5-41E0-B8A2-0EE69361F0C8.jpeg
    819BE909-ADC5-41E0-B8A2-0EE69361F0C8.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 216
  • A9F73616-C6A9-4A0D-9CC1-76C1B4171009.jpeg
    A9F73616-C6A9-4A0D-9CC1-76C1B4171009.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 212

Blackweasel

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks good. no normie will notice
But it fluctuates from this to worse depending on shed cycle. Sometimes I shave it and apply more minoxidil etc to an easier access shaved scalp.

Sometimes I go months without shedding literally.
Other times I shed alot, mostly very short hairs.

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a 1.5mm dermapen once a week. I went from totally bald hairline to completely covered in vellus hairs but am struggling getting past that stage. Im afraid that I'll have to resort to minoxidil but I'm hoping estrogen does the trick.
You're not on minoxidil? I bet oral would turn that thing into a lion's mane.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just looked it up. Its saying norwood 1 is the first stage of maturing. So according to you anyone who has a regular 4 head with no sign of hairloss and is completely straight and filled in is a norwood 1. Google says differently.

View attachment 153103
View attachment 153104

Scroll down to to see the Norwood scale.

"Type I: There is minimal or no recession of the hairline."

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Scroll down to to see the Norwood scale.

"Type I: There is minimal or no recession of the hairline."

Okay thanks for the clarification. Google initially didn't state this.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, idk. It's all kind of semantics really. There are some people with really strange shaped hairlines that don't really fit the "mold" of the Norwood scale.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome. It's good to see you both of you. Are you only using finasteride? It would great if you talked about the benefits of bamboo.

The bamboo brush doesnt bring much benefits apart from increase bloodflow and perhaps stalling fibrosis & calcification when brush aggressively for 5 minutes.

If you are already taking minoxidil, its not a must to add in the regimin.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. What’s is the dosage that most people here use for hairloss? 50mg Cpa with 2mg e or what?
That sounds reasonable along with 2.5 mg to 5 mg of oral minoxidil. I think we are all questioning the rationale for using AA's like CPA. What are your thoughts? I am on a very "aggressive" and feminizing regime unsuitable most likely for cis-guys.