Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't the increase in T levels temporary on bica?
Nope. As long as the ARs are blocked, the HPG axis will always feel the need for higher hormone levels to counteract this phenomenon. Unless you combine Bica with enough E, then T levels will drop due to E being an anti-androgen itself.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to depend on the dose. At 10mg and 50mg T steadily increases, and then holds steady for at least 36 weeks, but at 30mg it drops off somewhat, though it's still 25% above baseline. The inverse is true for estradiol, implying that it's not just an artifact in the data. So maybe 30mg is the right dose, or are you suggesting that below 50 mg you might get AR upregulation?

1280px-Testosterone_levels_with_10,_30,_and_50_mg_per_day_bicalutamide_monotherapy_in_men.png

391px-Estradiol_levels_with_10,_30,_and_50_mg_per_day_bicalutamide_monotherapy_in_men.png

Last edited:

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello if anyone can help me ... i spent a year with flutamide 500mg and estradiol 6mg average ... i had hair loss and thinning
my testosterone was high due to positive regulation and prolactin too ... in theory testosterone was blocked by flutamide and estradiol

my question is was it due to the increase of testosterone or prolactin ??
I still have high prolactin

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello if anyone can help me ... i spent a year with flutamide 500mg and estradiol 6mg average ... i had hair loss and thinning
my testosterone was high due to positive regulation and prolactin too ... in theory testosterone was blocked by flutamide and estradiol

my question is was it due to the increase of testosterone or prolactin ??
I still have high prolactin
You were on 500mg flutamide, 6mg estradiol, and you lost hair?
f*****g hell...

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
then the increase of prolactin can make the hair fall and miniaturize it ... does anyone have any idea ?? I have hyperprolactinemia and I am afraid that this is worsening my hair

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
then the increase of prolactin can make the hair fall and miniaturize it ... does anyone have any idea ?? I have hyperprolactinemia and I am afraid that this is worsening my hair
You really need to check for prolactinomas ( brain tumours) before worrying about hair.

Kaue carrera

My Regimen
Reaction score

Very good explanation
thank you

commented on dutasteride with some AA and forgot to mention
duct + spironolactone

the cost of spironolactone is much lower than that of the bica

could you try the duta + spironolactone before entering the bica ?

or the efficiency / collateral of the spironolactone is very low.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Vitex agnus, and p5p are really good at lower prolactin levels. If you can get your hands on cabergolin, use that. But otherwise the other two are good alternatives.

Yar

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone 50/50 ,3mg gel +2 mg estrofem 15 april

Attachments

• 4FCB563F-336A-49BB-92BD-64BC0D726272.jpeg
    4FCB563F-336A-49BB-92BD-64BC0D726272.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 254

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Yar Was that temple slick bald when you started? How long ago did you start?

Yar

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Yar Was that temple slick bald when you started? How long ago did you start?
spironolactone I started 14-15 days ago, but this temple was bald.
I started spironolactone 14-15 days ago, but this temple was bald. Use spironolactone and forget about finasteride and dutasteride and also about cyproterone. Use spironolactone together with estradiol. Only in this way you will grow hair. Spironolactone has an advantage, namely estrogen-like action and enhances the action estradiol.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
spironolactone I started 14-15 days ago, but this temple was bald.
I started spironolactone 14-15 days ago, but this temple was bald. Use spironolactone and forget about finasteride and dutasteride and also about cyproterone. Use spironolactone together with estradiol. Only in this way you will grow hair. Spironolactone has an advantage, namely estrogen-like action and enhances the action estradiol.

I was going to do this a few months ago and held off. I had actually already purchased the spironolactone and sold it. I'll be starting estradiol soon now, and may add spironolactone with it. How many mg are you taking?

Yar

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was going to do this a few months ago and held off. I had actually already purchased the spironolactone and sold it. I'll be starting estradiol soon now, and may add spironolactone with it. How many mg are you taking?
I take 100 divided in the morning and evening, + 3 mg of gel in the evening and 2 mg of estrofem in the morning. But you start with 50 mg of spironolactone and add estradiol either in gel or in tablets. But best of all in gel!

coco_304

Established Member
Reaction score
I take 100 divided in the morning and evening, + 3 mg of gel in the evening and 2 mg of estrofem in the morning. But you start with 50 mg of spironolactone and add estradiol either in gel or in tablets. But best of all in gel!
Where do you smear the gel?

Yar

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "coco_304, сообщение: 1885893, участник: 41812"] Где вы мажете гель? [/ QUOTE]

Attachments

• 31389AD2-1D7E-4069-B07B-A64C46F0E079.jpeg
    31389AD2-1D7E-4069-B07B-A64C46F0E079.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 170

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Why not use topical estriol, the weakest and least fat-soluble (meaning least absorbable) estrogen?

Aaron McLaughlin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any of you guys get painful chest (Gyno) I’m getting in from topical finasteride, any advice ? I know it’s off the subject but thinking this thread would be best for answers