Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know.

So this not guaranteed but I am wrong?! okay sure whatever.

Every one is different, and there are not many studies of hair regrowth for males using Bica (studies focus on women.) Bica works well as AA but more benefit comes from Bica with lower doses of CPA (in my case) & E to fight higher T and E and resulting DHT. Bica monotherapy is a very difficult thing to get right because beside a rule of thumbs it's not possible to measure T to check range. It can vary from 150-600mg per day to be effective. Dropping a low dose of CPA can lower more efficiently T levels so there are less to deal with at the AR. Not all DHT comes from the T that Bica targets and you also need that progesterone-like effects by activating the progesterone receptor (PR). E for example 2mg is added to balance on the H axis. CPA at 12.5mg is significantly less harmful and more economical. Ymnv so check for those liver levels. If money is not a problem and you want to continue on that non steroidal path, you can try more expensive stuff like enzalutamide or darolutamide which has a lower potency and shorter half life.

Regarding libido, my comments are based personal experience only, not trying to set a general theory. I guess I should add a legal disclaimer at the end of my posts that I am not a doctor and doing it your own way will result in whatever choices and tradeoffs (physical, psychological and financial.)

I was sold on Bica for its non steroidal mechanism and less side. I have concluded in my case that higher T that can't bind don't result in the catastrophic sexual side effect Spyro got me living like a zombie. spironolactone for hair loss presents other advantages so it's about finding what works for you and keeping at it. But I also noticed that at 50mg AA is not that great with Bica unless you start looking seriously at HRT and mixing stuff.

I am fairly new at this stuff. In the short time I have been dealing with hair loss actively, I already noticed that there is no magic recipe or magic pill. Each treatment offers benefits and brings issues that can snowball into bringing other drugs to combat depending what your end goal is. Some people still believe that sex drive and hair growth are separate matters. I learned that it's a fragile balance that's not easy to find.

You don't need to add a disclaimer. As i understood from your sentence, you said it like it is a certain thing that's why i said its wrong. No big deal.
When this drug first discussed here it was introduced like a magical hair pill for males. People claimed you wouldn't get any sexual side effects because of its mechanism but nobody included its estrogen boost.

It varies from person to person. This drug is used for prostate cancer for so many years and its a well known drug so when its side effect list contains sexual side effects, you can't say it has no sexual side effect for certain. Im not talking about you, its been introduced wrong here and im just sharing my experience for other people that might try this drug, you can get side effects.

As for your suggestions, i don't think i will try at higher doses unless i see some success stories on such high doses. Maybe im being impatient i don't know. I have been taking this drug for like 6 months EOD at 50 mg and like i said i still haven't seen anything for hair profit. I was super good while on dutasteride no sexual sides at all but this drug gave me libido loss, loss of semen volume , gyno , weight increase, reduced body hair etc. That's why im dissappointed. After sacrificied so many things and get nothing from it ? Most importantly it cost me 6 months of my time. Im just thinking taking a break, continue with dutasteride alone and oberve people's stories than i will decide what to continue on.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need to add a disclaimer. As i understood from your sentence, you said it like it is a certain thing that's why i said its wrong. No big deal.
When this drug first discussed here it was introduced like a magical hair pill for males. People claimed you wouldn't get any sexual side effects because of its mechanism but nobody included its estrogen boost.

It varies from person to person. This drug is used for prostate cancer for so many years and its a well known drug so when its side effect list contains sexual side effects, you can't say it has no sexual side effect for certain. Im not talking about you, its been introduced wrong here and im just sharing my experience for other people that might try this drug, you can get side effects.

Nobody's fault that your taking for granted "medical advise" from insecure, retarded and mentally ill kids from a hairloss forum. We and me personally have posted tons of information about this drug, all being ignored and downplayed by the bunch of retarded fucks who think they are doctors or some kind of scientists from their mothers basements after reading some studies and anecdotal reports...

Unfortunately you can't guard and warn all the people who visit these forums about it's dangers, meaning the mentally ill fucks who are castrating themselves and after saying that they are still males or perfectly healthy and so on and that encourage others to go on their route. I'm sorry for your experience but in the same time you kind of deserve it for trusting blindly a bunch of unknown retards from a hairloss forum...

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody's fault that your taking for granted "medical advise" from insecure, retarded and mentally ill kids from a hairloss forum. We and me personally have posted tons of information about this drug, all being ignored and downplayed by the bunch of retarded fucks who think they are doctors or some kind of scientists from their mothers basements after reading some studies and anecdotal reports...

Unfortunately you can't guard and warn all the people who visit these forums about it's dangers, meaning the mentally ill fucks who are castrating themselves and after saying that they are still males or perfectly healthy and so on and that encourage others to go on their route. I'm sorry for your experience but in the same time you kind of deserve it for trusting blindly a bunch of unknown retards from a hairloss forum...

Im not blaming anyone. I was aware the sides and i chose to go for it. I knew this drug while nobody knew even its name. Because my grandfather's been taking it over 10 years for prostate cancer. But i can admit i kinda started because of the hype. You don't need to be sorry for me because i have recovered before from it. Like i said i pity my wasted time.

While i dislike your attitude about general ( you and me i think battled before because of it ), Im on your side about advertising it like a magical pill. Everyone needs to know what they are meddling with. If a person choose to go this route while knowing the possibilities then everybody should respect his choice and not insult him.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure everyone should read the fine prints and preferably ask their endo. If you are expecting Bica to regrow alone as a monotherapy and you don't want to add E that is not gonna work. Same for Cypro and spironolactone. AA don't regrow hair at best they chemically castrate you and you need E to recover. The worse situation is to use Bica grow boobs and lose your libido and keep losing hair. Life can suck that way.

Did I misunderstand your concern?

Last edited:

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One question, my next regimen will be cyproterone, but I don't want to use high doses just 25 mg a day, I would like to combine it with flutsmide or bicalutamide.
My question is, will blood testosterone drop or rise?
cyproteone decreases lh but bica increases testosterone by positive feedback.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
My guess is at 25mg of CPA, Bica won't have much left behind to raise. So T will be lower. Then Bica won't let them bind to AR.

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone here using meds to reduce Prolactin levels?

I've had a look on inhousepharmacy at Cabergoline to reduce Prolactin but it costs £21 for just 8 tablets at 0.25mg!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are u still using estrogen ? I have been on bica for months now and all i could gain is gyno and weight.Seems like really not doing anything without minoxidil or estrogen. What a disappointment.

Yes, I’m still using E. Bica will not give results, it’s just superior at androgenic suppression, way more superior than other AAs
So basicaly oral minoxidil, CPA, E and Duta + castration

If oral minoxidil is being used, bicalutamide is superior. Not a single person has had the sort of hair growth like me currently lol. Some people here know what I mean... However, it’s suspected that bicalutamide increases the levels of bica

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My guess is at 25mg of CPA, Bica won't have much left behind to raise. So T will be lower. Then Bica won't let them bind to AR.

Combining CPA and bicalutamide is asking for failure, they should not be combined at higher doses. 6.25mg of CPA can be done, but any higher has been reported to give androgenic issues by those who have tried to do it.
One question, my next regimen will be cyproterone, but I don't want to use high doses just 25 mg a day, I would like to combine it with flutsmide or bicalutamide.
My question is, will blood testosterone drop or rise?
cyproteone decreases lh but bica increases testosterone by positive feedback.

Maybe seek a therapist first because I remember seeing your ‘hair loss’ and you had none

There's actually an old case study of a man who got strong regrowth with spironolactone monotherapy. That just shows that spironolactone is more than just an AA.

spironolactone is good for hair regrowth, it’s just not convenient in the long term with how many issues it can cause, especially at the doses needed to deal with hair loss

Your concerns with it were the side effects, in which the sides would go away once stopped because it’s not like 5AR inhibitors. no one knew what sort of outcome it could give with results since the only person who got results back then was Ein. As with every other AA, you cannot use it alone for regrowth, it has to be combined with E and/or oral minoxidil.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
And, I’d like to say that bicalutamide *is* a magical pill when compared with other AAs.

Didn't someone say they got better results on duta+spironolactone than duta+bica, i think bica is better if you are taking E maybe, but if not spironolactone may be the better option.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's actually an old case study of a man who got strong regrowth with spironolactone monotherapy. That just shows that spironolactone is more than just an AA.
@bridgeburn got regrowth with cpa at higher doses and Estradiol. And I don't reckon him using spironolactone at anytime.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
He was taking 100mg spironolactone i believe.

Can you confirm this? A quick search for @bridgeburn and spironolactone returns his negative comments on the drug. I reread the first page of this post and no mention of spironolactone too just high level of CPA.

Beside why would he be using spironolactone with a high dose of CPA. That's a weaker AA.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't someone say they got better results on duta+spironolactone than duta+bica, i think bica is better if you are taking E maybe, but if not spironolactone may be the better option.

I should have added ‘in regards to androgenic suppression’, since that’s what I mean. Bicalutamide is inferior with regrowth, but superior for dealing with androgens.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn got regrowth with cpa at higher doses and Estradiol. And I don't reckon him using spironolactone at anytime.

He initially was taking spironolactone, then CPA, and then eventually he was taking a split between the two, and then he switched to bicalutamide.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you confirm this? A quick search for @bridgeburn and spironolactone returns his negative comments on the drug. I reread the first page of this post and no mention of spironolactone too just high level of CPA.

Beside why would he be using spironolactone with a high dose of CPA. That's a weaker AA.

Aromatase, I believe.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should have added ‘in regards to androgenic suppression’, since that’s what I mean. Bicalutamide is inferior with regrowth, but superior for dealing with androgens.

I have no experience with other AAs but at first, Bica decreased sebum production. I had no oily skin at all but after sometime it went to normal.What do you think about this ?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bica is inferior with regrowth?

@mryellowman what dose of Bica did you try? If 50mg how did you know it was enough to block all T & DHT ? As a monotherapy for hair loss it seems dosage should be higher.