Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no because SAA have drug interactions with NSAA like bicalutamide, if u want to use anything with bicalutamide u can use
1)estrogen
2)5ar inhibitor
3)CYP17A1 inhibitor
4)GNRH analouge

I think he is just asking if he can take sprio + cpa together, which are both SAA.

He wouldn't need to do that anyways, cpa is powerful even at 12mg/day.

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@SHORT BALDING ETHNIC
all that testosterone is not negative for the hair ... I was with flutamide and I increase my testosterone levels and my hair got worse ... if I take flutamide with estradiol, what dose of estradiol do I need?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@SHORT BALDING ETHNIC
all that testosterone is not negative for the hair ... I was with flutamide and I increase my testosterone levels and my hair got worse ... if I take flutamide with estradiol, what dose of estradiol do I need?

It's hard to say here, you would have to start out with 2mg/day and then work your way up until you reach the desired hormone level.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey. Is there any need to take spironolactone to prevent water retention if you start with oral minoxidil at 10 mg? If yes, how many mg spironolactone to prevent or at least to (gradually) reduce the risk.
There is a small possibility (about 3-5%) of pericardial effusion (water retention around the heart) that could happen with oral minoxidil, which can be fatal if not treated in time. As such it's typically prescribed with a diuretic. If you want to use spironolactone to help mitigate the risk, 50mg should be ok. Just keep an eye on your blood pressure since both drugs are prescribed for hypertension (which may be a good thing or bad thing depending on where your BP naturally sits).

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure to use 750 mg of flutamide per day or 500 mg of flutamide plus 8 mg of estradiol which would be better

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the detailed information! I also have an another question. How great is the chance that oral minoxidil at 10 mg will give you heart palpitations?
Not sure. On average though people get about 5bpm higher pulse. If you notice yours goes much higher or you get routine heart palpitations I'd definitely consider lowering the dosage though. There's a number of studies that show oral minoxidil still being effective with a smaller dosage.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, that's it. So I can skip 200mg spironolactone if I just take 50mg cpa? Or is spironolactone safer even at this dose?

spironolactone is safer long term, CPA is way more powerful than spironolactone though, and you wouldn't even need 50mg cpa, 25mg CPA is almost equally effective as 50mg CPA.

Objective: The recommended dose of cyproterone acetate (CPA), an anti-androgen that is commonly used in the hormonal treatment of transgender women, is 50–100 mg daily. Our objective was to determine whether CPA at 25 mg daily would suppress total testosterone as effectively as 50 mg daily in transgender women.

Results: We divided the sixty-eight patients included in the study into 4 groups: group 1, CPA 25 mg (N =31); group 2, CPA 50 mg or higher (N = 19); group 3, CPA dose lowered from 50 mg to 25 mg (N = 15); group 4, CPA dose increased from 25 mg to 50 mg (N = 3). The mean total testosterone on treatment was 0.9 nmol/L (95% CI 0.7 to 1.1) in group 1 and 1.2 nmol/L (95% CI 0.9–1.5) in group 2 and were not significantly different (p = 0.087). In group 3, there was no significant difference between total testosterone levels before and after decreasing the dose of CPA from 50 mg to 25 mg, p = 0.86. Group 4 was excluded from analysis.

Conclusions: We found that 25 mg of CPA daily was effective at suppressing testosterone levels to within normal female range when used in combination with recommended estrogen therapy in transgender women. Clinicians should consider using a lower dose of CPA in order to minimize potential adverse effects.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15532739.2017.1290566

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, 25mg CPA is as good as 50mg CPA, only if you're taking some estrogen with it, otherwise yeah 50mg should be pretty safe, but you take it at your own risk, read the side effects panel so that you know which side effects you're experiencing, if you do experience any.\

CPA is banned in the U.S. because of its possible hepatoxicity at higher doses of 100mg +.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Talking about blood tests: What are the relevant levels I would need to test and should these levels be in the female range for more hair growth? In an adult male, what are some good clues to look for to figure out what to adjust? How long do you wait between each blood test? 3 months? 6 months?

When adding estrogen in combination with bica, do you directly jump to high dosage then dial down on the quantity or do you go from low to high? Is there a risk to start too high because dosage then it can't lowered or it doesn't matter and the change becomes instantaneous?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Talking about blood tests: What are the relevant levels I would need to test and should these levels be in the female range for more hair growth? In an adult male, what are some good clues to look for to figure out what to adjust? How long do you wait between each blood test? 3 months? 6 months?

When adding estrogen in combination with bica, do you directly jump to high dosage then dial down on the quantity or do you go from low to high? Is there a risk to start too high because dosage then it can't lowered or it doesn't matter and the change becomes instantaneous?
Levels should be around 200pg/ml of E if you are targeting female range. Initially I was getting blood tests every 3 months, but now its probably more like 5 months to make sure levels remain in target area.

Ramp up dosage over time. Don't start high. Helps to mitigate side effects.

Also be very aware of what you are in store for, especially if you plan to use estrogen (assuming you are not already on it). You likely will get gyno and start to look more androgynous over time. Gaining and keeping muscle will be more difficult. Not to mention there's the possibility of being infertile if on E long enough (though you can always store sperm first if that's a concern).

Essentially if you relish your masculinity then enter at your own risk. But if growing some boobs doesn't bother you then go for it.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed one thing. In addition to oral estradiol, I smear the whole head where the hair is with estrogel. it speeds up hair growth. but a lot of estrogel leaves.

Reactions: Yar

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
its a complicated subject, so the consensus has gotten updated throughout. Plus members have disagreements.

currently I believe taking bica, estradiol and dutasteride is the strongest anti-androgenic regimen.
bica stronger than CPA?