Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
just dont use bicalutamide man, honestly if your hairloss isn't that agressive you dont need to nuke your ARs

try something less serious like cpa or spironolactone
spironolactone and cypro are more serious when it comes to health. bica is healthiest

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't inhibit 100% DHT

try dutasteride, if it doesn't work add a little spironolactone.

there will always be risk of sides.
other androgen metabolites also lead to DHT, testosterone in dht is only 1 way and there are 2 more. Testosterone in dht passes through enzyme 5a. There are 2 more enzymes that form dht from androgens. In addition, 5a also forms other metabolites that are also needed hair.And it is inhibited by finasteride or dutasteride.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't inhibit 100% DHT

try dutasteride, if it doesn't work add a little spironolactone.

there will always be risk of sides.
In addition to testosterone and DHT, there are other androgens that also affect alopecia. These are androstenediol and androstenedione, dihydroepiandrosterone, but also testosterone itself. Testosterone finasteride does not inhibit but increases, or dutasteride. Hair also undergoes its attack. Although the opinions on testosterone are contrary. FTM from testosterone injections immediately get a receding hairline. Inhibit dihydroepiandrosterone, it's the source.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
it increases testosterone to heaven. I would not want to. It is clear that the receptors are blocked.

I think the comments on this thread are starting to get stuck in an infinite loop. Take bica, don't take bica, take estrogen, don't take estrogen, take progesterone, don't...

So what's the treatment, professor?

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My vertex is getting thin day by day. See in the picture.

Attachments

• 3780407E-C2EB-4774-B466-C5C7B0C24512.jpeg
    3780407E-C2EB-4774-B466-C5C7B0C24512.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 237

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the comments on this thread are starting to get stuck in an infinite loop. Take bica, don't take bica, take estrogen, don't take estrogen, take progesterone, don't...

So what's the treatment, professor?
its a complicated subject, so the consensus has gotten updated throughout. Plus members have disagreements.

currently I believe taking bica, estradiol and dutasteride is the strongest anti-androgenic regimen.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
its a complicated subject, so the consensus has gotten updated throughout. Plus members have disagreements.

currently I believe taking bica, estradiol and dutasteride is the strongest anti-androgenic regimen.
You still take oral minoxidil as well right? I'm curious how much of your initial regrowth can be attributed to that vs hrt. Or more likely they have a synergistic effect with hrt allowing minoxidil to work unaffected by any androgenic activity.

If you still take minoxidil do you ever plan on trying to taper it off?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
You still take oral minoxidil as well right?
I take 1 pill every other day, usually.

I'm curious how much of your initial regrowth can be attributed to that vs hrt.
I started with topical and took either 1x per day or 2x per day every other day.. I'm sure at the beginning it wasn't from just min caused i tried min a couple times before hrt.

more likely they have a synergistic effect with hrt allowing minoxidil to work unaffected by any androgenic activity.
yes exactly, I believe it is synergistic and that min is required for maximum regrowth

If you still take minoxidil do you ever plan on trying to taper it off?
eventually I plan to gradually reduce. maybe at the 3 year mark..

my arms are too hairy, and I sometimes wonder if I have low blood pressure lol

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, just use one those blood pressure machines they have at CVS or Walgreens near the pharmacy section
whenever I use those I get nervous and my blood pressure goes up lol

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excuse the dried toothpaste in the sink -- this is how much i shed every morning, and it's growing back just fine, so if anyone is worrying about shedding, just don't worry, as long as it's not miniaturizing towards the roots.

20190828_071508.jpg
15669946267519035813071517463584.jpg

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
the strongest possible regimen would be
40mg Enzalutamide
250mg Abiraterone Acetate taken w/a low fat meal
0.5mg Dutasteride
what about darolutimide? I remember a few were trying daro after trying enza (all topically) because enza does something to the gaba receptor and gives panic attacks. daro supposedly has the same mechanism of action but with less effect on the brain. A year and a half ago the consensus was that daro was better, but i haven't been following to know the current

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excuse the dried toothpaste in the sink -- this is how much i shed every morning, and it's growing back just fine, so if anyone is worrying about shedding, just don't worry, as long as it's not miniaturizing towards the roots.

View attachment 127221 View attachment 127222
Hey brother, you reassured me. thank you buddy. I always almost cry when I see this at home. but this is rare with me. it happens that not a single hair falls at all. it’s just that when the hair is long, it will grow new when falling in, but it is very short. and it seems that there are fewer of them, but in fact the opposite is true. there are many new ones, but they are still small and short.