Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not all ethanol is the same. Ethanol in beauty products often has additional additives not included in the version in food/beverages. I'm sure it's probably safe, but definitely start with the smaller dose for a time to see how you tolerate. Last thing you want is your hair falling out because you're slowly poisoning yourself.

I hope I do get poisoned lmao

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not one side effect, including gynecomastia and feminization, although, my skin has become smoother and clearer.

I also expected gynacomastia, but to my surprise, I didn't get it. Even my dermatologist was amazed.

That's surprising. I have wear a sports bra under my shirt to act as a means of compression otherwise it's pretty obvious. I guess everyone reacts different

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm starting to grow breast tissue at 4 months, but it doesn't catch any ones eye because it hasn't gotten big enough (yet).

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
you said, you had dexamethason.. how long and what dose you had?
i want to try it too for some months
thank you :)
I used it until I ran out, I think about 3 months?

I used topical dex from eyedrops called Maxidex, just 3 times a week, a few drops.. used it along with oestrogel or topical minoxidil for absorption

but be careful, I heard dex is death

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
19 years old and androgenetic alopecia, that's harsh...

A stimulant can be a solution. Certain people won't consider minoxidil, especially the orally form, because of (possible) shedding and side effects, or they simply don't want to 'mask' the results they're receiving with DHT blockers or antiandrogens.

If drinking liquid minoxidil is equivalent to the mechanism of oral minoxidil, then consider a diuretic (to prevent possible water retention) and a beta blocker (to prevent possible heart problems/disorders).

I don’t even have much hair left to shed...It would be the worst thing ever if all of the new regrowth I have fell out due to oral minoxidil lmao... And yes, I can use spironolactone. Luckily, I have some left..l

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
19 years old and androgenetic alopecia, that's harsh...

A stimulant can be a solution. Certain people won't consider minoxidil, especially the orally form, because of (possible) shedding and side effects, or they simply don't want to 'mask' the results they're receiving with DHT blockers or antiandrogens.

If drinking liquid minoxidil is equivalent to the mechanism of oral minoxidil, then consider a diuretic (to prevent possible water retention) and a beta blocker (to prevent possible heart problems/disorders).
Spironolactone is a diuretic... Is it also a beta blocker? (as it is used to treat/avoid heart problems)

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it until I ran out, I think about 3 months?

I used topical dex from eyedrops called Maxidex, just 3 times a week, a few drops.. used it along with oestrogel or topical minoxidil for absorption

but be careful, I heard dex is death

Corticosteroids in general are a risky solution as they can't be used longterm without side effects and they are infamous for rebound reactions in which the immune disorder they were suppressing gets worse following treatment.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also crazily surprised, but I guess everybody reacts differently on medications.

Ironically, when I was on finasteride (a much milder drug), 3 years ago, I had side effects, like erectile dysfunction, brain fog, etc. I was on it for 9 months, but my hair follicles were too stubborn, based on the fact that my hair loss is pretty aggressive.

Currently I'm a NW1 or NW1.5.
You have god-tier genes man! Go have fun.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
The one I am buying has 20mg of minoxidil per 1ml

I would personally wait with the oral minoxidil, i wish i hadn't started it now tbh, didn't see much gains on my crown and now im afraid to stop it. Give your current regimen a year before thinking about adding it. Most of the gains on my crown area have been in the past three months with spironolactone and topical minoxidil+dermarolling.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would personally wait with the oral minoxidil, i wish i hadn't started it now tbh, didn't see much gains on my crown and now im afraid to stop it. Give your current regimen a year before thinking about adding it. Most of the gains on my crown area have been in the past three months with spironolactone and topical minoxidil+dermarolling.
Same feelings mate. I've said it here time and again, that oral minoxidil is great for temples but unlikely to do anything to crown.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro I don't know who dhtcell is but he seems like a cool guy that should have never been banned

anyways. I take 150mg because 1mg of bicalutamide blocks between 9-12ng/dl of T depending on DHT levels.

this means that 150mg should block upwards of 1800ng/dl of T completely (I'm on dutasteride).
Gyno or not?

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same feelings mate. I've said it here time and again, that oral minoxidil is great for temples but unlikely to do anything to crown.
the crown is as stubborn as the temples, and the only thing that is bringing my crown back is topical estrogen, minoxdil is trash and it ages the skin like a donkey

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Oral minoxidil does nothing for the crown? Ugh... Lmao, my temples isn’t the issue