Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well when i was using minoxidil, my crown was stubborn asf, and didn't wanna grow, but the rest was sorta growing.

Maybe I should add it? I don’t know... I want density all over... But I don’t want thicker facial hair

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should leave minoxidil then... :confused:
the gains from minoxdil are fast but sh*t-quality dependent hairs that are wispy and less dense, stick to estrogen and progesterone, iam wondering if there is a steroid that feminize the body and bring E2 and progesterone through the roof just like how anabolic steriods work because that will be cool

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the gains from minoxdil are fast but sh*t-quality dependent hairs that are wispy and less dense, stick to estrogen and progesterone, iam wondering if there is a steroid that feminize the body and bring E2 and progesterone through the roof just like how anabolic steriods work because that will be cool

I know adding bicalutamide can make your estrogen higher; I think that’s why my E was 719 pmol/L...

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know adding bicalutamide can make your estrogen higher; I think that’s why my E was 719 pmol/L...
719! wow my endocrinologist doesnt want me to go past 300 but it would be cool to have a higher level,iam jealous!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
719! wow my endocrinologist doesnt want me to go past 300 but it would be cool to have a higher level,iam jealous!

Your E is only 719 pmol/L? I thought it would be much higher, unless your doctor measures in pg/mL? In pg/mL, my E is 196.

Pacahontas

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t see improvement, just very thin hair , less than it was 8 months ago! My DGT is 750 now ( range 300), so it’s not normal. Also I have autoimmune Tireoidit Hashimoto, but hormones of tyreoid is ok! I know it’s androgens, in women it’s thining hair.. I think to try Diane 35, what can U recommends ? Maybe finasterid or Dutasterid will work for me? Problem is that girls have a cycle, too much estrogen is not good for health ..

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your E is only 719 pmol/L? I thought it would be much higher, unless your doctor measures in pg/mL? In pg/mL, my E is 196.
Not sure what unit they are using, but it should be in the high reference range

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what unit they are using, but it should be in the high reference range

Definitely pg/mL, in that case. I am above ranges aimed for transgender women in my country, shockingly... Do you think I should add minoxidil? I am debating whether I should... On one hand, it could help but on the other hand I am just creating dependence...

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t see improvement, just very thin hair , less than it was 8 months ago! My DGT is 750 now ( range 300), so it’s not normal. Also I have autoimmune Tireoidit Hashimoto, but hormones of tyreoid is ok! I know it’s androgens, in women it’s thining hair.. I think to try Diane 35, what can U recommends ? Maybe finasterid or Dutasterid will work for me? Problem is that girls have a cycle, too much estrogen is not good for health ..

Dutasteride would work if your hairloss is related to androgens and it would work better since you are a female i presume, Spironolactone may also help, but if your hairloss isn't due to androgens and is instead due to autoimmune disease, then no anti androgen will work for that (i think), i wouldn't recommend that you take ethinyl estradiol + Cyproterone Acetate together (diane 35) for heath safety reasons, but if your doctor thinks you should do it.. i don't know what to say. Diane 35 is riskier than most birth control pills.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ur E levels are close to 200pg/ml because of estrofem, bica only increases E by 30-80%

I meant, bicalutamide must have additionally raised my E. Bicalutamide is definitely not responsible for me having higher E, but it’s definitely responsible for having higher E than when I was on spironolactone.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely pg/mL, in that case. I am above ranges aimed for transgender women in my country, shockingly... Do you think I should add minoxidil? I am debating whether I should... On one hand, it could help but on the other hand I am just creating dependence...
Give E and chemical castration 2 years before adding minoxidil, my crown is still thin but iam gonna wait 18 months before adding min, slow, steady and quality regrowth is better! It is more permanent and you might need to break fibrosis with derma needling idk but leave minoxidil as your last shot, puffy face, facial hair regrowth, and leathery skin sucks especially after spending so much money on laser hair removal and skin care stuff, skin is as important as hair!

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give E and chemical castration 2 years before adding minoxidil, my crown is still thin but iam gonna wait 18 months before adding min, slow, steady and quality regrowth is better! It is more permanent and you might need to break fibrosis with derma needling idk but leave minoxidil as your last shot, puffy face, facial hair regrowth, and leathery skin sucks especially after spending so much money on laser hair removal and skin care stuff, skin is as important as hair!

This is also why i am not using minoxidil anymore.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I seriously suspect minoxidil to be the reason why i have a line in my forehead at 22 years old, i used minoxidil for a couple years and my skin was garbage while i was on it. It doesn't happen to everyone but it can and i know it will be bad for me to use it not only because it ruins my skin but because of all the other things i said before lol.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Maybe since we are younger, and dealt with hair loss early, we could have a desirable amount of growth? I’m not sure... I for sure would be mad if I got less regrowth than finasteride users :confused:

I won’t add minoxidil, in that case. I don’t want to jeopardise the results I have from laser hair removal, especially with the amount of money spent for these results. Risking that for unknown results from minoxidil, which will most likely lose its effectiveness (that is greatly reported with minoxidil users).

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe since we are younger, and dealt with hair loss early, we could have a desirable amount of growth? I’m not sure... I for sure would be mad if I got less regrowth than finasteride users :confused:

I won’t add minoxidil, in that case. I don’t want to jeopardise the results I have from laser hair removal, especially with the amount of money spent for these results. Risking that for unknown results from minoxidil, which will most likely lose its effectiveness (that is greatly reported with minoxidil users).
Definitely! It takes 10 years for a boy to turn into a fully grown man, the bones doesn't fully fuse and develop until 25,so it depents when you have hit your puberty, luckily I hit it late at 16 and I was androgens free since 19yro so 3 years weren't that long, but my hair got damaged enough to be noticed, that's why iam ultra sensitive to androgens, so your hips might growth with E and you may notice some changes in bone structures and skin elasticity since you have started alot younger than bridgy

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely! It takes 10 years for a boy to turn into a fully grown man, the bones doesn't fully fuse and develop until 25,so it depents when you have hit your puberty, luckily I hit it late at 16 and I was androgens free since 19yro so 3 years weren't that long, but my hair got damaged enough to be noticed, that's why iam ultra sensitive to androgens, so your hips might growth with E and you may notice some changes in bone structures and skin elasticity since you have started alot younger than bridgy

My hips are definitely getting wider... I love it... I just hope that E will be enough to prevent myself from having a ‘mans nose’. I hit puberty at thirteen or fourteen :eek:

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I doubt finasteride users would have more regrowth than us, honest to god the day i started finasteride, i had only a few thin hairs right on my hairline, only noticeable to me in the mirror and from that day forward i tried generic finasteride for 2 years, and then brand name for 6 months, and by that time, i had lost > 50% of my hair density. Yeah that's just me but i sorta wish i had done this to begin with.