Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Around 3 months I noticed some improvements. Around 6 months I noticed significant results that became better and better.

Drinking liquid minoxidil? Never heard of that method. Is it safe?

I'm not entirely sure if it's safe, although quite a few people do it on this website. Mainly because it is cheaper, and has the same effects apparently. I am experiencing improvements, but I think it's recommendable to use some sort of growth stimulant for now...

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol the majority of my hair shedding is also from my nape and donor area, or side burn area/ around the ears, the rest on my head sheds very little.
Yes, and surprisingly, 75% of the hair that I shed are from my nape and donor area, 25% from the top and crown and 0% from the hairline and temples.

Me too! I don't shed much hair on top or the sides, but it's mainly from the nape and donor area...

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure if it's safe, although quite a few people do it on this website. Mainly because it is cheaper, and has the same effects apparently. I am experiencing improvements, but I think it's recommendable to use some sort of growth stimulant for now...

It's kinda like the hairloss community's version of the tidepod challenge. But if you don't get poisoned you get hair!

Personally considering buying oral minoxidil pills on the black market because it's, uh, maybe safer? lol

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's kinda like the hairloss community's version of the tidepod challenge. But if you don't get poisoned you get hair!

Personally considering buying oral minoxidil pills on the black market because it's, uh, maybe safer? lol

With the one I am wanting to purchase, it has: propylene glycol, ethanol and water within the formulation...

Pacahontas

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m on it 9 month ... but everything is bad ☹️

Attachments

• E245ABD7-A871-411D-971E-6E734E658765.jpeg
    E245ABD7-A871-411D-971E-6E734E658765.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 295
  • A6790103-8E31-4063-B7BB-42F9F8D2F53A.jpeg
    A6790103-8E31-4063-B7BB-42F9F8D2F53A.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 290
  • AC04BCC3-D62D-4CD4-9157-12E08E079759.jpeg
    AC04BCC3-D62D-4CD4-9157-12E08E079759.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 286

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With the one I am wanting to purchase, it has: propylene glycol, ethanol and water within the formulation...

well Ethanol seems to only be poisonous in large amounts and propylene glycol is considered a safe food additive by the FDA so i don't see how it would be poisonous to consume topical minoxidil.. just be careful with the dosage.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you noticed any improvement? or have you only noticed further degeneration of the follicles? your diffuse pattern seems to be all over and not in the typical diffuse angrogenic alopecia pattern that women get on the top of their scalp. Have you ruled out the possibility of DUPA or some kind of autoimmune disease? blood work etc?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello people,

I'm so glad I've found this forum, especially this thread. I did enough research and I read this whole thread, so I'm well informed.

Currently I'm 1 year and a half on dutasteride (0,5 mg ED), oral spironolactone (200 mg ED) and estradiol (4 mg ED). I experienced AMAZING regrowth and thickening of the hair, and I still do. NEVER experienced side effects. I'm only 3 months on oral minoxidil (10 mg ED) and it has given me even MORE regrowth and thickness. It's like magic.

Unfortunately, I've never made 'before and after pictures', to provide some sort of proof, but I guarantee you that I'm not lying. Before medication I was a NW2.5 or NW3, just like the 'before pictures' of this particular guy: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...16-nw3-at-19-now-22-with-norwood-0-5-1.65485/

Current state of my hair (sorry for the bad quality):
View attachment 124428
Hi HairDork. Great results. Really happy for you. You take 200mg spirono and 4mg estradiol, still no sides?!! How is gynecomastia? Any feminization?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too! I don't shed much hair on top or the sides, but it's mainly from the nape and donor area...
Yes, Hi5. Interestingly though, there is still a lot of hair there in nape area and donor region. I can't say the same for top and crown, duh

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aside from regular hair fall, I've never experienced a shed so far, but there is always that possibility that I could experience a shed or a side effect in the future.

What Norwood are you and how is it going with your regimen?

I’m an NW1, but diffuse thinning severely... I have probably the worst case of hair loss for a nineteen year old lol... It’s going well so far, but I think I just need to add a stimulant into the mix.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wait I remember seeing your post earlier in this thread! I’m surprised bicalutamide hasn’t stopped your hair loss, especially at 50mg/day... What are your hormone levels?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Also, were these photos taken in a short time frame? or were they spread out over 9 months, it seems the worst in the first photo, and in the second one it doesn't look as bad so that why i'm asking.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
well Ethanol seems to only be poisonous in large amounts and propylene glycol is considered a safe food additive by the FDA so i don't see how it would be poisonous to consume topical minoxidil.. just be careful with the dosage.

Yes, ethanol isn’t concerning since it’s within alcohol beverages nonetheless. Propylene glycol is safe for consumption, along with water. Within the one I am looking at, it has 20mg of minoxidil per 1ml. So, I think I would consume either 0.25ml or 0.5ml...

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, ethanol isn’t concerning since it’s within alcohol beverages nonetheless. Propylene glycol is safe for consumption, along with water. Within the one I am looking at, it has 20mg of minoxidil per 1ml. So, I think I would consume either 0.25ml or 0.5ml...

Not all ethanol is the same. Ethanol in beauty products often has additional additives not included in the version in food/beverages. I'm sure it's probably safe, but definitely start with the smaller dose for a time to see how you tolerate. Last thing you want is your hair falling out because you're slowly poisoning yourself.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm considering drinking liquid minoxidil; the one I have contains only ethanol/alcohol, so should be safe.
Oral pills are heck lot espensive and are burning a huge hole in my pocket.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No no no... You just can't start with 20mg!! That it is used at 50mg for BP problems is a myth. It is often used at 5 to 40mg along with other meds for other BP or heart problems.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No no no... You just can't start with 20mg!! That it is used at 50mg for BP problems is a myth. It is often used at 5 to 40mg along with other meds for other BP or heart problems.

What? I said I would use 0.25ml/0.5ml which is 5mg/10mg...

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not one side effect, including gynecomastia and feminization, although, my skin has become smoother and clearer.

I also expected gynacomastia, but to my surprise, I didn't get it. Even my dermatologist was amazed.
Wooaaahhhh!! Probably the luckiest person on this earth! Are you able to achieve NW1 back or still long way to go?

(I'm suspecting your estrogen must have been fake haha)

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not one side effect, including gynecomastia and feminization, although, my skin has become smoother and clearer.

I also expected gynacomastia, but to my surprise, I didn't get it. Even my dermatologist was amazed.

Wow... That is crazy... No gynecomastia at 4mg?! What about eggplant shrinkage?