Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
What the heck! You are so lucky... Was your parting thick too?
A hell of lot thicker than it was!

Screenshot_20180107-082304_1.jpg P_20170521_214156_1.jpg Screenshot_20171023-094139.jpg 0914160250.jpg

I had tried minoxidil a couple times before too, its results cannot be without hormones!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
My biggest regret is not using oral minoxidil... It could have been greatly beneficial! In a month, I will do another report about my hair... Hopefully there will be something worth updating about :confused::(
just use topical once a day,. don't get too dependent on minoxidil if you don't have to.. you can always amp it up later if needed.
minoxidil is notorious for giving good initial results which fade

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
just use topical once a day,. don't get too dependent on minoxidil if you don't have to.. you can always amp it up later if needed.
minoxidil is notorious for giving good initial results which fade

I hate topicals so much... I always forget to use them, and end up using them like once a week lmao... I wanted to consume liquid minoxidil and see what happens, but it seems a little scary o_O

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What did your middle parting look like at the four month mark? And what did your crown look like? My crown currently looks like this... It’s still bad but luckily it’s not as bad as before... I was diffuse thinning in an NW7 pattern which is just :confused::eek::mad::eek::mad::confused::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused:

View attachment 124402
Mate do you have grey hair?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What did your middle parting look like at the four month mark? And what did your crown look like? My crown currently looks like this... It’s still bad but luckily it’s not as bad as before... I was diffuse thinning in an NW7 pattern which is just :confused::eek::mad::eek::mad::confused::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused:

View attachment 124402
There sure is something else other than DHT and Testosterone.
We all have by now realised that results with cypro are fastest, spironolactone comes to 2nd, and bicalutamide comes to third.
Why so? I guess it is because Cypro reduces and blocks other androgens well. Don't have much knowledge on this though.

likemike

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but... the nipples and shape, I blurred this a bit :
View attachment 124409

mine looks similar .. but a little bit bigger (i hab a HRT from 01/2012 to 01/2014 and stopped the HRT till spring 2018 (the restart of the HRT gave me a grow spurt of my gyno))

you said, you had dexamethason.. how long and what dose you had?
i want to try it too for some months
thank you :)

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There sure is something else other than DHT and Testosterone.
We all have by now realised that results with cypro are fastest, spironolactone comes to 2nd, and bicalutamide comes to third.
Why so? I guess it is because Cypro reduces and blocks other androgens well. Don't have much knowledge on this though.

Bicalutamide is actually the fastest out of the three in terms of lessening androgenic activity, as long as it’s paired with estrogen. Regrowth depends on growth cycles; I should have used oral minoxidil at the beginning, which is a regret. I undeniably have the second to worst case of hair loss in this thread (Bridges being the first) in which I didn’t use minoxidil, though. I could have seen much more significant results if I did. I think I will start drinking minoxidil...

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since the last two weeks, my shedding has increased. Can someone tell me what is going on? I am eager to add topical estradiol as soon as I get my gyno surgery.

Pacahontas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good night!!! I’m a girl 32 years old! I’m so depressed about my hair. I have a high Digidrotestosteron in blood . Even I take bicalutamide 50 mg and gidrocortizon 10 mg! My androgens are high!!!Please help, what oral doze of minoxidil I need to take? Or birth control? Doctors tell about Diane 35. Really, I need wig soon!! I see U have a nice results!! Need advice

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good night!!! I’m a girl 32 years old! I’m so depressed about my hair. I have a high Digidrotestosteron in blood . Even I take bicalutamide 50 mg and gidrocortizon 10 mg! My androgens are high!!!Please help, what oral doze of minoxidil I need to take? Or birth control? Doctors tell about Diane 35. Really, I need wig soon!! I see U have a nice results!! Need advice

Bicalutamide Blocks Testosterone and Dihydrotestosterone from binding to your AR receptors, so it renders the androgens useless, but your androgen level will rise (some say this only happens in males) but the androgens in your body can't bind to the receptors, so they won't affect you even if they rise. how long have you been on Bicalutamide for ?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello people,

I'm so glad I've found this forum, especially this thread. I did enough research and I read this whole thread, so I'm well informed.

Currently I'm 1 year and a half on dutasteride (0,5 mg ED), oral spironolactone (200 mg ED) and estradiol (4 mg ED). I experienced AMAZING regrowth and thickening of the hair, and I still do. NEVER experienced side effects. I'm only 3 months on oral minoxidil (10 mg ED) and it has given me even MORE regrowth and thickness. It's like magic.

Unfortunately, I've never made 'before and after pictures', to provide some sort of proof, but I guarantee you that I'm not lying. Before medication I was a NW2.5 or NW3, just like the 'before pictures' of this particular guy: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...16-nw3-at-19-now-22-with-norwood-0-5-1.65485/

Current state of my hair (sorry for the bad quality):
View attachment 124428

Wow! Your hair looks absolutely beautiful... When did you start noticing significant results? I am going to start using oral minoxidil. I am going to have to buy liquid minoxidil and drink it though... :confused:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Can we see an image of your hair?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, and surprisingly, 75% of the hair that I shed are from my nape and donor area, 25% from the top and crown and 0% from the hairline and temples.

Lol the majority of my hair shedding is also from my nape and donor area, or side burn area/ around the ears, the rest on my head sheds very little.