Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same dude. I also started at 14 but I tell people 15 just to make myself feel better.

BTW, I'm going on a regimen to get a inch or two (highly unlikely). If I choose to add aromasin, arimidex, or letrozole, what measure should I take to avoid their impact on hair? RU, bicalutamide, anything??
arimidex is the most hair safe drug I've ever used out of all AI/SERM, its more safe than raloxifine in my opinion

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT has a Kd(binding affinity of 0.25-0.5nM) and T has a Kd(binding affinity of 0.4-1.0)nM for the Androgen Receptor

so by using dutasteride u reduce the needed dosage of bicalutamide to block androgens since T has a lower binding affinity than DHT

But what effect does bicalutamide have on DHT? If bicalutamide has an effect on DHT, then there isn’t a point of me using dutasteride in all honesty...

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When u started balding:
<25 - Agressive Hair Loss
<30 - Normal male pattern baldness
<40 - At least you are married buddy

I started at 14-15 :(

At least your hair didn’t end up like mine! Mine seems to have been similar to Bridges starting point in terms of density, except my hair is longer...

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lower the dosage to 2.5mg???!!!! 2.5mg is a proper dose for it. If you took more than 2.5mg and are still not bald, you should be thankful to God! Not only will it decrease your gyno it will diminish it completely, together with your hair.

Letrozole didn’t alter how much hair I am shedding. I’m still shedding the same amount as before. Maybe I’m lucky but what it did do for me is get my gyno to an unnoticeable size and I am so much more happy now because of it.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
69592B4A-7497-497F-9A2B-CF29D0A36685.jpeg
This is my current hair. The green circle is where I apply toppick. The hair in front is my fringe. As you can see letrozole has done nothing to my hair. I was on it 1.5 months at 5mg.
The miniature hairs I started to grow on spironolactone where in the temple regions. The centre of the green circle is only slightly less then normal density. I’m a Norwood 3 but I had a hair transplant in 2014 so I can put toppick in my hair so it looks normal.

Lower the dosage to 2.5mg???!!!! 2.5mg is a proper dose for it. If you took more than 2.5mg and are still not bald, you should be thankful to God! Not only will it decrease your gyno it will diminish it completely, together with your hair.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Letrozole didn’t alter how much hair I am shedding. I’m still shedding the same amount as before. Maybe I’m lucky but what it did do for me is get my gyno to an unnoticeable size and I am so much more happy now because of it.
Yes. But I would still request to proceed with caution now. Rather than raloxifene take metformin with Bicalutamide to prevent gyno. Metformin is breast specific aromatase inhibitor having many other benefits as well. If you still get gyno, take raloxifene.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant: if it ends up systematic nonetheless, and poses the risk of typical side effects, then what’s the point of using it topically? It just defeats the purpose of using topicals, which is to avoid the possibility of side effects...
THe point of topical is to provide a huge local concentration of drug (at the follicle/AR) as opposed to a lower concentration at AR achieved from oral dosing. Yes, some systemic absorption always occurs. But, since you are saturating the follicle and AR via local administration less drug can be used vs. oral dosing. Some of the topical will be metabolized within the dermal layer, some will go systemic, and some will not penetrate at all. So if you're dosing topically with 50 mg drug, you should achieve better AR receptor coverage and less systemic absorption when compared to oral dosing of equiv. amount of drug.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. But I would still request to proceed with caution now. Rather than raloxifene take metformin with Bicalutamide to prevent gyno. Metformin is breast specific aromatase inhibitor having many other benefits as well. If you still get gyno, take raloxifene.
Are you actually using Metformin? I thought the jury was still our regarding its effects on hair. Possibly detrimental? Any reports of people incorporating metformin into their regimen?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
THe point of topical is to provide a huge local concentration of drug (at the follicle/AR) as opposed to a lower concentration at AR achieved from oral dosing. Yes, some systemic absorption always occurs. But, since you are saturating the follicle and AR via local administration less drug can be used vs. oral dosing. Some of the topical will be metabolized within the dermal layer, some will go systemic, and some will not penetrate at all. So if you're dosing topically with 50 mg drug, you should achieve better AR receptor coverage and less systemic absorption when compared to oral dosing of equiv. amount of drug.
So you're ready to become Guinea pig for topical Bicalutamide? :-D

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you actually using Metformin? I thought the jury was still our regarding its effects on hair. Possibly detrimental? Any reports of people incorporating metformin into their regimen?
Yes, Ein took it and he had fantastic results.
Why would it be detrimental to hair?
(Maybe people thought it increases IGF1 but it doesn't ; Infact, researches show it decreases it.)

Also, as against tamoxifen, it's effects are largely/completely breast specific.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you're ready to become Guinea pig for topical Bicalutamide? :-D
I'm waiting to see more bical success stories before using it. I don't fear side effects, but am more concerned with using something that has (possibly) worked for only 3-4 people.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, Ein took it and he had fantastic results.
Why would it be detrimental to hair?
(Maybe people thought it increases IGF1 but it doesn't ; Infact, researches show it decreases it.)

Also, as against tamoxifen, it's effects are largely/completely breast specific.
I'd love to add metformin for anti-aging effects but wasn't convinced that the anti-aromatase activity is really localized to breast tissue. I mean, people say the same thing for ralox and both NWO wolfpack and myself notice thinnking on ralox.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see more bical success stories before using it. I don't fear side effects, but am more concerned with using something that has (possibly) worked for only 3-4 people.
Nah, I'm asking for topical?

It worked for hemingway guy straight away: from the very first day. If it ( topical bical) is going work within first week, I'm up for it. (Work here would mean reduced/halted shedding as it is not possible to regrwo hair w/in such short period.)

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd love to add metformin for anti-aging effects but wasn't convinced that the anti-aromatase activity is really localized to breast tissue. I mean, people say the same thing for ralox and both NWO wolfpack and myself notice thinnking on ralox.
I have only read one study but have seen 2 people taking it for the purpose; the reason I asked Stephen to take it till he notices gyno and if gyno still occurs to him, he should start taking raloxifene.

I agree; from readings I just think it'd be less harmful than tamoxifen.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, I'm asking for topical?

It worked for hemingway guy straight away: from the very first day. If it ( topical bical) is going work within first week, I'm up for it. (Work here would mean reduced/halted shedding as it is not possible to regrwo hair w/in such short period.)
I do 1 minute comb tests 2x a week. On dutasteride even after 4-5 months I was losing 35-50 hairs in my comb tests. In my last two comb tests this week for bicalutamide it was 1 hair both times.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do 1 minute comb tests 2x a week. On dutasteride even after 4-5 months I was losing 35-60 hairs in my comb tests. In my last two comb tests for bicalutamide it was 1 hair both times.
Dear, I'm talking about topical bicalutamide, not oral. You're on oral right?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear, I'm talking about topical bicalutamide, not oral. You're on oral right?
yeah, I tried topical bicalutamide and that was more effective than nothing.
oral bicalutamide is a LOT stronger than topical though

revivemycurls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I know it might sound stupid or futile, I have been trying to take dutasteride sublingually.
I keep it under my tongue...the capusle dissolves and some very bitter/burny liquid oozes...i i l it stay for a few more minutes till i gulp it down with water. Is this process correct to take something sublingually?

Generally soeaking even for meds taken bucally, if its a capsule i am sure it dissolves and some liquid oozes out. What do you do with it? wait and gulp down?