Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doctors will not be supportive of what we're doing; unfortunately many doctors are insanely stupid and have minimal knowledge on hair loss. I do have blood tests occasionally for spironolactone since I have that on prescription. And, I get blood tests monitoring my liver occasionally. Technically, I am monitoring myself whilst on these medications but the blood tests are for different reasons.
how much does it cost you to have your blood tested for spironolactone? i'm going to have to be monitored also to make sure my potasium isnt getting too high / kidney function is good.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
how much does it cost you to have your blood tested for spironolactone? i'm going to have to be monitored also to make sure my potasium isnt getting too high / kidney function is good.

Where I live, blood tests are free if it's initiated by a doctor. Eventually, you should switch to another anti-androgen which is safer in the long-run such as bicalutamide.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where I live, blood tests are free if it's initiated by a doctor. Eventually, you should switch to another anti-androgen which is safer in the long-run such as bicalutamide.
How has bicalutamide been working for you? still getting results ?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trichology is not interested in giving you hair hormones as it is very cheap compared to a hair transplant! Trichology is interested in making you a transplant for big money!
yeah that's definately true, they only want you sell you $10,000 hair transplants and low level laser therapy which is a scam lol.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't shampoo, but I use conditioner and sometimes put cocunut oil in it
sheesh if you used good volumizing shampoos like Nioxin, or even Nizoral has a strong boosting effect, then throw some hair power in there it would look double the hair.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How has bicalutamide been working for you? still getting results ?

I started it on Tuesday, so I can't speak on the results quite yet. @Ein inspired me to research and ask others about it, and people have been so helpful when providing information to me. Along with personal research on Reddit. It's mainly because spironolactone is causing me specific issues such as tiredness, nausea and because it's one of the weaker anti-androgens which isn't safe for long-term use. I can PM you some of the information I have built up about bicalutamide if you like? Just don't order it from InHousePharmacy since it appears to be expensive there...

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i found Bicalutamide as Calutide at inhouse pharm, i'm gonna go ressearch it's safety profile, so it nukes testosterone and stops it's production thats what i know so far.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah that's definately true, they only want you sell you $10,000 hair transplants and low level laser therapy which is a scam lol.
the only hair transplant that I consider partially successful is Elon Musk's one, but the rest of the population can't afford that one, plus he still lacks density despite all the money he invested on his hair, my cousin had an hair transplant and he looks awful, his frontal is kinda thick but his crown and middle portion is eaten away by androgens, very sad when I look at him, androgens fuked him up, he never smile

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started it on Tuesday, so I can't speak on the results quite yet. @Ein inspired me to research and ask others about it, and people have been so helpful when providing information to me. Along with personal research on Reddit. It's mainly because spironolactone is causing me specific issues such as tiredness, nausea and because it's one of the weaker anti-androgens which isn't safe for long-term use. I can PM you some of the information I have built up about bicalutamide if you like? Just don't order it from InHousePharmacy since it appears to be expensive there...
i would appreciate any enlightenment you have to offer me lol, & where should i buy it other than inhouse ?, inhouse doesn't seem entirely reliable either because they can go out of stock for months on meds. how has this all affected your hair growth so far ?, and should i get estrogel aswell ?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the only hair transplant that I consider partially successful is Elon Musk's one, but the rest of the population can't afford that one, plus he still lacks density despite all the money he invested on his hair, my cousin had an hair transplant and he looks awful, his frontal is kinda thick but his crown and middle portion is eaten away by androgens, very sad when I look at him, androgens fuked him up, he never smile
i have a few friends who went for the hair transplant option (probably because they didn't know any better option besides finasteride), only one of them looks decent but still thin and you can see through the hairline to the scalp. i would avoid hair transplant as much as possible if i can achieve regrowth the way OP did using the hormone regime

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i would appreciate any enlightenment you have to offer me lol, & where should i buy it other than inhouse ?, inhouse doesn't seem entirely reliable either because they can go out of stock for months on meds. how has this all affected your hair growth so far ?, and should i get estrogel aswell ?

It works by blocking the androgen receptors; since it has a lengthy elimination half-life (seven to ten days), it builds up in your body. From what I have seen, 1MG blocks 4 ng/dL of testosterone which makes 50MG block 200 ng/dL. After seven days, it would build up to around 350MG in your body which would block 1400 ng/dl. After twenty-eight days, it would build up to a significant amount and it would block testosterone greatly. Since it builds up in such a manner, taking 25MG/day would work out greatly too.

(I think this information is correct)

I can't speak much on the results of bicalutamide, however I am beginning to notice regrowth due to spironolactone and estradiol. I just don't think spironolactone is sustainable in the long-term. You should get estrogel since it would give you consistent levels, in my opinion. I do know a place which does sell it cheaper but I don't think they ship to the US...

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It works by blocking the androgen receptors; since it has a lengthy elimination half-life (seven to ten days), it builds up in your body. From what I have seen, 1MG blocks 4 ng/dL of testosterone which makes 50MG block 200 ng/dL. After seven days, it would build up to around 350MG in your body which would block 1400 ng/dl. After twenty-eight days, it would build up to a significant amount and it would block testosterone greatly. Since it builds up in such a manner, taking 25MG/day would work out greatly too.

(I think this information is correct)

I can't speak much on the results of bicalutamide, however I am beginning to notice regrowth due to spironolactone and estradiol. I just don't think spironolactone is sustainable in the long-term. You should get estrogel since it would give you consistent levels, in my opinion. I do know a place which does sell it cheaper but I don't think they ship to the US...

okay i will look into it, i do live in the U.S. so i have to find pharmacies that ship here, i think i'd be okay spending a little extra on the meds. as long as its not crazy expensive. when i get the estrogel how will i apply it? i saw that OP used it on his temples and then put the rest under his armpits, so thats what i was thinking to do.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
okay i will look into it, i do live in the U.S. so i have to find pharmacies that ship here, i think i'd be okay spending a little extra on the meds. as long as its not crazy expensive. when i get the estrogel how will i apply it? i saw that OP used it on his temples and then put the rest under his armpits, so thats what i was thinking to do.

I think it can be applied to the arms too, I'm not entirely sure. Does it work better if it's used on the temples?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it can be applied to the arms too, I'm not entirely sure. Does it work better if it's used on the temples?

I't could, that's what Bridge was doing, i think he mentioned it on page 190 something, i was reading through the whole thread yesterday to gather as much info about the HRT regime as i could. i really hope the medications help, because Propecia / Avodart alone didn't help me lol. I'm pretty confident that i can recover from baldness using HRT though.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I't could, that's what Bridge was doing, i think he mentioned it on page 190 something, i was reading through the whole thread yesterday to gather as much info about the HRT regime as i could. i really hope the medications help, because Propecia / Avodart alone didn't help me lol. I'm pretty confident that i can recover from baldness using HRT though.

You should post your results in the upcoming future. I'm planning on doing that too, eventually. I have been taking photos of my hair every two weeks so far.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should post your results in the upcoming future. I'm planning on doing that too, eventually. I have been taking photos of my hair every two weeks so far.
I'm planning on doing that, I'm going to be taking photos every two weeks to keep track of improvement. how long has it been since you started?