Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn -thanks. I've seen this hair growth chart. Yes, hair grows faster with E2 but do we know how E2 effects hair follicle health? Can we infer that if hair growth speed increases, the follicle health is improving? How about a dormant follicle? Can E2 revive those?
It does more than that, it also increases proportion of hair in anagen. It upregulates VEGF, c-Fos, Cyclin D1, c-Myc, BMP2, which are all found to downregulated in balding scalp. yes I believe it can revive dormant follicles:

images.jpg fa9e731.jpg

When It doesn't revive then its probably because of fibrosis and/or lack of progenitor cells. I think of it like this; E2 plugs the radio back in and minoxidil or dermarolling turns up the volume switch.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Save those hairs man!. mine looked kinda like that at first, and very slowly turned into a hairline. You'll have a nice hairline if you can get them all terminal.. I think honestly 1 time a week dutasteride is a good idea. a study showed that 1x week dutasteride with finasteride is better than finasteride alone. And it'll be less expensive than dutasteride everyday.. theres several things you could consider adding (they have some side effect risks however): topical hydrocortisone, minoxidil, estrogel, progesterone cream. but I think you should try the dutasteride first.

What are your thoughts on the benefits of progesterone for hair, I’ve read conflicting reports about this.
I am about to start a topical compound containing progesterone, minoxidil, azelaic acid, tretinoin and hydrocortisone. ?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
400mg of spironolactone?! Holy sh*t... that HAS to help regrowth. I’m on 200 and I have crazy chest pains. 400 would prob give me a heart attack lol. Some people just don’t review hair with anything.. I’m one of those people too. spironolactone won’t stop my balding, I know it and I’m a NW2-2.5
Use Cypro

countries like india are not familiar with oral consumption of minoxdil hearing it for first time
if you can't get it, its possible to drink a small (.25ml) amount of topical minoxidil liquid. that's what @AnxiousAndy does

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of you in this thread on Cyproterone, I can’t use spironolactone so I’m about to order Cypro. I can’t find any hair regrowth or maintenance type threads about Cypro anywhere.. are you guys doing alright on it? 9 days off spironolactone and my sex drive is insane again and I’m still on 2.5mg dutasteride. I’m only looking to use 12.5 like every 3 days. Don’t wanna totally kill my dick lol.

You say you have a great sexual attraction, despite your regime. Was it always like this? You said that avodart worked for a year. when he worked too was sexual attraction? Why I ask, my libido was small at 2 mg, but at 2.5 libido was not at all. I know that DHT is responsible for erection, testosterone without DHT is not active. If you have an erection on your 2.5 duta mode, then this mode will no longer work for you. If you add CIPRO, you can reduce avodart to 1-2 capsules per day. But cipro is dangerous. Maybe better to add progestogen containing drugs? Must act the same as CIPRO.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You say you have a great sexual attraction, despite your regime. Was it always like this? You said that avodart worked for a year. when he worked too was sexual attraction? Why I ask, my libido was small at 2 mg, but at 2.5 libido was not at all. I know that DHT is responsible for erection, testosterone without DHT is not active. If you have an erection on your 2.5 duta mode, then this mode will no longer work for you. If you add CIPRO, you can reduce avodart to 1-2 capsules per day. But cipro is dangerous. Maybe better to add progestogen containing drugs? Must act the same as CIPRO.

I thought dht was responsible for giving men their characteristics. I.e. Adam’s apple, deep voice etc. Atleast that’s what I read. I know getting an erection involves a number of hormones and is quite complex. That’s why men who take hair loss drugs get sexual side effects because taking estrogen and other hormones effects your hormonal balance.

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the subject of hormones and libido:

I've heard multiple times anecdotally that higher doses of estrogen will return your libido.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone else feeling this on their scalp, just not as prolonged per spurt? Been having it regularly today, I know Bridge said
he couldn't feel the hair growing so maybe it's just in my mind.
I felt a soreness tingle when I brushed.
I noticed a strange thing. In addition to Avodart, I take 1 mg of estradiol. So this estradiol increases my libido.
yeah, it absolutely can help libido. my libido is perfect
I’ll prob stay on spironolactone until summer if nothing else. At that point I’m over f*****g with drugs. I’m way below baseline and I’ve been on 2.5mg dutasteride for 3.5 years and was on finasteride and minoxidil before that. I’ve also used setipiprant, low dose doxy, had prp, etc.. I’m legit incurable. Without destroying my dick anyway.
harder drugs won't necessarily destroy your dick.. spironolactone, dutasteride, estradiol, cypro and diane 35 didn't destroy mine..
I’m not going assume I will grow that well. I will be happy with a Norwood 2 - 2.5
At first I thought I would be happy with that too. But no, it's not enough.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had blood work in November. Iron was a little low, not by much though. In men, that’s kinda rare. I think I just have straight male pattern baldness man lol the only thing I could possibly think that could be causing this itch and recession is possible nerve issues from dental work I had three months before my hair got really bad. I still have like two teeth that almost taste sour that were filled, but obviously not correctly. Idk dude, hair loss is a mystery lol.
hair loss is not a mystery. Its caused by a androgens, and a genetic predisposition to react to them. Its not your dental work lol.

I also have seborrheic dermatitis and get like sebum grains that miniaturize my hair along my hairline. It’s a really fucked up curse. So I don’t think any one treatment can regrow or stop my “itch”.
Yeah, I also had itch, dandruff. I found crusty sh*t along my hairline before.. It all went away with Hrt drugs.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
what shall I do then in order to nuke my testosterone?
youll need 4-8mg estradiol to nuke it to castrate range.. Cyproterone can get it fairly close.
spironolactone doesn't, it just blocks the receptor.
My SHBG is very high. It’s 77.2nmol/l, the normal range 18.3-54.1nmol/l.

Maybe I am diabetic lol
probably from the spironolactone and dutasteride. thats high for a man yes. but google says the range for female is 18 to 144 nmol/L.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridgeburn
Tell me please, is it possible to buy avodart powder and take it inside? Or just locally? Is it true that it should be stored in the freezer? Will they sell me this powder? Or the common man cannot be bought but only a medical worker.
yes, but you should have it tested at a lab not associated with who you buy it from (likely from China) to confirm its legitimate.. I don't whether to freeze it, I don't buy powders.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
50 years ago, the level of T was 3 times higher and there were very few bald ones.
whatt?? men have always been balding throughout human history.

Screenshot_20190203-190221_1.jpg Screenshot_20190203-190257_1.jpg 220px-Gerald_Ford_crop.jpg Screenshot_20190203-190817_1.jpg Screenshot_20190203-190850_1.jpg Screenshot_20190203-190609_1.jpg

And they've been insecure about it for a looong time too. Its even written in the bible:

2 Kings 23:24

"23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!”24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

makes me feel amazing to have weaseled out of a process that so many men throughout history couldn't have had an option to.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Yep! It changed textures completely (got thicker, coarser, and curlier) and got several shades darker."
yet my hair is dense and curly on E..
Not sure what to think now, maybe it just circles back to how receptive one is to DHT, if you're predisposed to baldness then the E route at high does is better. Or as I mentioned before maybe T and E together is best bang for buck? Maybe at 1-2mg of E (low dose) the T levels don't drop off? Which means DHT is still present so that's were finasteride/dutasteride come in.
the only way I could see T being beneficial is from IGF-1, aromatizing to E, and a little receptor activation to keep from receptor upregulation.. but still I doubt it. that trans dude wasn't actually balding before Hrt. I doubt with those gentics he'd have lost it on either hormones.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
whatt?? men have always been balding throughout human history.

View attachment 111408 View attachment 111409 View attachment 111410 View attachment 111411 View attachment 111412 View attachment 111413

And they've been insecure about it for a looong time too. Its even written in the bible:

2 Kings 23:24

"23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!”24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

makes me feel amazing to have weaseled out of a process that so many men throughout history couldn't have had an option to.

Yes, I read about Elisha. But even if you watch old movies, there were no bald ones at 20. There were fewer such cases. And now even in children, it is found. I do not argue that testosterone harms or does not harm hair. I see that my hrt (ESTRO, DUTA, PROGEST) works too. But how then to comment on this?

https://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateTestosterone4-10.html

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/a-closer-look-at-b-p-h-prostate-cancer.45227/
especially the first link

And the main question that I wanted to ask you. Can progesterone be used instead of cyproterone, for example, utrogestan 100 mg 1 tablet 2 times a week? will he work like tsiproteron?
Can progesterone completely replace estradiol? Will there be osteoporosis? I have already bought 100 mg of utrogestan. I can not wait to open it and eat. :D What do you think? Thank.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've found 10mg oral minoxidil x3 week quite effective, but that's with other things. In general orals trump topicals from what I've seen and heard.
I've been wanting to try Oral...but I'm terrified it'll fry my heart.
How have you been feeling while taking it? You do a low dose?

JPLC

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello georgie, here in Spain a doctor of hair transplantation dr Freitas advises maximum 0.5 mg X2 dutasteride a week and always finasteridde daily, since dutasteride elevates too much testosterone, and you will fall a lot of hair for that.