Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
since everyone did the 10 year challenge on social media recently, i made my own;

IMG_20190114_191610_1.jpg

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a lurker. Sorry for my pity english writing.
I read all the posts, it takes me 3 days, several hours to read it :D :eek:

I would like to thank you @bridgeburn and @nWo Wolfpac

I would try this regime in a few weeks. I'm a cis male. Do you think we can build muscles and try this regime ? Sorry I'm a noob :D

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
If all else fails, maybe try this prayer when you're lathering up in the shower:

From the crown of my head to the soul of my feet
In the name of Jesus Christ I command every hair follicle on my head
to produce healthy unhindered hair as was designed by God
So that I may have a full head of hair all the days of my life for the
greater glory of God. I am blessed and not cursed, and any blessing by
God is stronger than any curse.

Doesn't hurt to add to the regimen.
LMAO, Wtf

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
perhaps and should add this prayer. but there are bald priests in the church too, do they sin a lot?
yes they do. they are not better people than anyone else.
We're losing our hair because we are possessed by demons ?
yeah exactly, we are possessed by Dihydrodemonsterone or worse the almighty androgen receptor demon called Beelzebald. They emit evil energy within us which makes people aggressive, horny, acne-ridden and bald.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you also take progesterone?
I tried it briefly, like for 1 week when I went to America. I plan to actually try it soon. Ordered it recently. But I have taken cyproterone which is synthetic progestin.. thats not exactly the same thing though
I thought the general consensus around here is that beta-estradiol is superior to alpha. Maybe it doesn't matter that much as to which isomer is used??
beta- estradiol is superior, in terms of receptor binding as well as 5ar inhibition. (100 nM 17alpha-E: 20%; 100 nM 17beta-E: 60%) They likely test the weaker stuff to minimize side effects for their own liability while having enough effectiveness to make profit. Plus making another version of the natural compound allows a new patent on the market for profit, since b estradiol has already been around awhile. and If they give normal Estradiol to young women, that could affect their natural menstrual cycle. So In Germany topical alpha is sold under the name Ell-Cranell Alpha and because its weaker it can be given to men as well, while the bio identical beta version is usually never prescribed to men for any reason. This site claims that results with alpha are similiar to finasteride: http://www.follacure.com/t/estrogenA

Also on a related note, scientists injected alpha-estradiol into male mice and it increased their lifespan. It did not affect female lifespan, but I wouldn't expect it to. females already run on the stronger beta version

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question, iam surgically castrated, and currently on 4 mg of estradiol, I heard that castration only reduce dht by 70% but it nukes the testosterone to nothing, iam still not fully satisfied with the regrowth, is a dht blocker like dutasteride or finestride needed or it is just an overkill?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question, iam surgically castrated, and currently on 4 mg of estradiol, I heard that castration only reduce dht by 70% but it nukes the testosterone to nothing, iam still not fully satisfied with the regrowth, is a dht blocker like dutasteride or finestride needed or it is just an overkill?
You've just started so probably you should give it some time first then assess what you want/ need. Estradiol also reduces 5ar.
of course if you want Maximum DHT surpression which IS likely overkill then you'll need dutasteride, estradiol and progesterone. and perhaps bica to block andrenal androgens

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried it briefly, like for 1 week when I went to America. I plan to actually try it soon. Ordered it recently. But I have taken cyproterone which is synthetic progestin.. thats not exactly the same thing though

beta- estradiol is superior, in terms of receptor binding as well as 5ar inhibition. (100 nM 17alpha-E: 20%; 100 nM 17beta-E: 60%) They likely test the weaker stuff to minimize side effects for their own liability while having enough effectiveness to make profit. Plus making another version of the natural compound allows a new patent on the market for profit, since b estradiol has already been around awhile. and If they give normal Estradiol to young women, that could affect their natural menstrual cycle. So In Germany topical alpha is sold under the name Ell-Cranell Alpha and because its weaker it can be given to men as well, while the bio identical beta version is usually never prescribed to men for any reason. This site claims that results with alpha are similiar to finasteride: http://www.follacure.com/t/estrogenA

Also on a related note, scientists injected alpha-estradiol into male mice and it increased their lifespan. It did not affect female lifespan, but I wouldn't expect it to. females already run on the stronger beta version
I'd prefer if the extended lifespan applied to hair :) With so many positive b-estradiol experiences floating around, I thought it would be the savior for hairline / frontal area, but nothing notable yet (combined with finasteride and min). Would adding a low dose of cypro be the next logical step? Thanks!

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd prefer if the extended lifespan applied to hair :) With so many positive b-estradiol experiences floating around, I thought it would be the savior for hairline / frontal area, but nothing notable yet (combined with finasteride and min). Would adding a low dose of cypro be the next logical step? Thanks!

Yes there's lots of positive experiences. but honestly lets be realistic. don't expect a miracle. Some people don't respond to ANYTHING. finasteride, dutasteride, cyproterone, estradiol. no matter.. and many of the ones that do respond don't always post about it and usually become less active. naturally, the ones that don't will post more.

now please keep these thoughts in mind:

-There are even many Mtf's that don't regrow. many do but also many don't. Ive always seen however that it at least doesn't get any worse. Balding is halted in worst case scenario and regrown in best case. Many on this thread claim that they still lose hair even on AAs but never show pics. I've never seen a before and after MTF transition where hairloss progressed. Of course there are many cases where regrowth does happen for transwomen and these get more attention so everybody expects estrogen to guarantee a miracle.. It's possible, It's not guarenteed.

- It is very very hard to regrow long lost hair. especially temples and especially slick bald temples.. but don't understand me wrong. I believe my method gives the best chance for regrowth. But the regrown hair cannot be expected to be exactly the same as it once was. Mine slowly gets more cosmetically noticeable, but even then it grows slower than Normal hair.. It is still recovering even after a year and a half of hormones.. and I take higher doses than most on this thread. the places that were slick bald are like this, the diffusion which was all over the top is normal hair again. But without T / DHT and with high E its absolutely great to know my condition can only get better and not worse.

- There is a competition between E and DHT and the previous years of androgen exposure gives DHT an advantage. Hair which has been dead is not normal hair, its injured. Someone injured can't take a hit as well as someone not injured. I can jump up and down right now without any problem, zero pain. If I sprain my ankle and try a simple small jump then its excruciating pain!!! Something which causes zero damage can cause huge damage when you're already hurt. thats why I believe in the suppression of testosterone in addition to DHT.. finasteride does not removed 100% DHT, It remove what, 70 ish percent by plasma?? maybe 50% in the scalp? I don't know the exact numbers but my point is why f*** with finasteride when dutasteride inhibits more!! If you take estradiol, but not enough to Lower Testosterone in your body and 5ar is produced locally in the scalp then what good is it... REMOVE all that 5ar that you can or there will be antagonization of E and of hair.

1 nM finasteride inhibits DHT synthesis in derma papillae by 86%. (in incubated biopsies) 100nM Estradiol inhibits 60% DHT in DP. Thats 100x the amount of finasteride to get 60% inhibition.. Of course If you were to fill your whole body with estradiol then thats another story and would likely dramatically reduce DHT, it would also reduce testosterone and can do so into castrate range.. But it is unclear how E does inhibit 5ar. they think it inhibits indirectly by affecting androgen metabolism. If this is the case then there should be some synergy with finasteride, or dutasteride which have dose response curves. combining 2 or more mechanisms of methods against DHT is a good strategy.

- The dose matters.. and there is a sh*t ton of individual variation. Some can respond with lower amounts. Some people respond to just finasteride while other keep losing hair on it.. some have regrown with spironolactone. But most need something stronger than spironolactone I believe. And Women get better hair with increased anagen during pregnancy. Really think about that. non pregnant women have high estradiol already compared to men.. yet going from high E to very high E gives better hair!! It may not only be the amount contributing but that the levels are going up consistently keeping more consistent anagen..and people on this thread usually don't even take trans-level doses as I do.

Would adding a low dose of cypro be the next logical step? Thanks!

- Don't let even 1 molecule of DHT form!!!! my previous points tie into this.. It is very hard to regrow hair. the hair is injured therefore more sensitive, needs more of a boost. And I am sad to say but even though it is possible to regrow hair there is likely a point of no return.. HRT can give back 5 to 10 years of hair but even then its no guareentee.. If you really want your hair back, I suggest throwing everything that you f*****g can at it and don't hold back. Yes, add an androgen receptor blocker. You'd require way less estradiol when receptors are blocked and without antagonization of androgens. In the beginning i was on 100mg cypo, and a small amount of estrogel on temples.. if i took even a small amount of estrogen I felt it in the nipples.. Blocked receptors are a powerful thing even women and eunuchs don't have Blocked receptors..

Cyproterone is stronger than spironolactone, thats why I used cypro. dutasteride is stronger than finasteride , choose dutasteride. If you want to f*** around with weaker stuff, and it doesn't work then go to something stronger..and keep going until max you are willing to go.. use Estradiol pill combined with the gel.. The pill gives a higher initial E spike and the gel gives more stable levels.. Its good to combine these pros and cons.. Take higher amounts if you need. Choose oral minoxidil over topical.. be patient, I don't think you've used this stuff too long. give it at least 3 to 6 months then assess.. if higher estradiol doesn't work out, Consider Ethynlestradiol, found in Diane-35, EthynE is stronger at activating E receptors than estradiol. (though one study showed estradiol inhibits 5ar while EE doesn't.) some have regrown hair with that. (like that notorious Thai boy, Twohen).. pros and cons, thats why I take estradiol everyday and pop a Diane -35 once a week.

keep going agressively.. Don't even think about getting your hopes up unless you fight with everything you got. Humanity goes to the moon before curing baldness.. If you don't respond to all above then you probably need stem cells. Estradiol interects with stem cells in the follicles. Now consider more for the future: progesterone, topical hydrocortisone, dermaneedling, estrofem, estrogel, cyproterone, dutasteride, oral min, topical min, Diane-35, topical Dexamethasone.. All of that has synergy. Combine all that and you'll get better.

Last edited:

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes there's lots of positive experiences. but honestly lets be realistic. don't expect a miracle. Some people don't respond to ANYTHING. finasteride, dutasteride, cyproterone, estradiol. no matter.. and many of the ones that do respond don't always post about it and usually become less active. naturally, the ones that don't will post more.

now please keep these thoughts in mind:

-There are even many Mtf's that don't regrow. many do but also many don't. Ive always seen however that it at least doesn't get any worse. Balding is halted in worst case scenario and regrown in best case. Many on this thread claim that they still lose hair even on AAs but never show pics. I've never seen a before and after MTF transition where hairloss progressed. Of course there are many cases where regrowth does happen for transwomen and these get more attention so everybody expects estrogen to guarantee a miracle.. It's possible, It's not guarenteed.

- It is very very hard to regrow long lost hair. especially temples and especially slick bald temples.. but don't understand me wrong. I believe my method gives the best chance for regrowth. But the regrown hair cannot be expected to be exactly the same as it once was. Mine slowly gets more cosmetically noticeable, but even then it grows slower than Normal hair.. It is still recovering even after a year and a half of hormones.. and I take higher doses than most on this thread. the places that were slick bald are like this, the diffusion which was all over the top is normal hair again. But without T / DHT and with high E its absolutely great to know my condition can only get better and not worse.

- There is a competition between E and DHT and the previous years of androgen exposure gives DHT an advantage. Hair which has been dead is not normal hair, its injured. Someone injured can't take a hit as well as someone not injured. I can jump up and down right now without any problem, zero pain. If I sprain my ankle and try a simple small jump then its excruciating pain!!! Something which causes zero damage can cause huge damage when you're already hurt. thats why I believe in the suppression of testosterone in addition to DHT.. finasteride does not removed 100% DHT, It remove what, 70 ish percent by plasma?? maybe 50% in the scalp? I don't know the exact numbers but my point is why f*** with finasteride when dutasteride inhibits more!! If you take estradiol, but not enough to Lower Testosterone in your body and 5ar is produced locally in the scalp then what good is it... REMOVE all that 5ar that you can or there will be antagonization of E and of hair.

1 nM finasteride inhibits DHT synthesis in derma papillae by 86%. (in incubated biopsies) 100nM Estradiol inhibits 60% DHT in DP. Thats 100x the amount of finasteride to get 60% inhibition.. Of course If you were to fill your whole body with estradiol then thats another story and would likely dramatically reduce DHT, it would also reduce testosterone and can do so into castrate range.. But it is unclear how E does inhibit 5ar. they think it inhibits indirectly by affecting androgen metabolism. If this is the case then there should be some synergy with finasteride, or dutasteride which have dose response curves. combining 2 or more mechanisms of methods against DHT is a good strategy.

- The dose matters.. and there is a sh*t ton of individual variation. Some can respond with lower amounts. Some people respond to just finasteride while other keep losing hair on it.. some have regrown with spironolactone. But most need something stronger than spironolactone I believe. And Women get better hair with increased anagen during pregnancy. Really think about that. non pregnant women have high estradiol already compared to men.. yet going from high E to very high E gives better hair!! It may not only be the amount contributing but that the levels are going up consistently keeping more consistent anagen..and people on this thread usually don't even take trans-level doses as I do.

- Don't let even 1 molecule of DHT form!!!! my previous points tie into this.. It is very hard to regrow hair. the hair is injured therefore more sensitive, needs more of a boost. And I am sad to say but even though it is possible to regrow hair there is likely a point of no return.. HRT can give back 5 to 10 years of hair but even then its no guareentee.. If you really want your hair back, I suggest throwing everything that you f*****g can at it and don't hold back. Yes, add an androgen receptor blocker. You'd require way less estradiol when receptors are blocked and without antagonization of androgens. In the beginning i was on 100mg cypo, and a small amount of estrogel on temples.. if i took even a small amount of estrogen I felt it in the nipples.. Blocked receptors are a powerful thing even women and eunuchs don't have Blocked receptors..

Cyproterone is stronger than spironolactone, thats why I used cypro. dutasteride is stronger than finasteride , choose dutasteride. If you want to f*** around with weaker stuff, and it doesn't work then go to something stronger..and keep going until max you are willing to go.. use Estradiol pill combined with the gel.. The pill gives a higher initial E spike and the gel gives more stable levels.. Its good to combine these pros and cons.. Take higher amounts if you need. Choose oral minoxidil over topical.. be patient, I don't think you've used this stuff too long. give it at least 3 to 6 months then assess.. if higher estradiol doesn't work out, Consider Ethynlestradiol, found in Diane-35, EthynE is stronger at activating E receptors than estradiol. (though one study showed estradiol inhibits 5ar while EE doesn't.) some have regrown hair with that. (like that notorious Thai boy, Twohen).. pros and cons, thats why I take estradiol everyday and pop a Diane -35 once a week.

keep going agressively.. Don't even think about getting your hopes up unless you fight with everything you got. Humanity goes to the moon before curing baldness.. If you don't respond to all above then you probably need stem cells. Estradiol interects with stem cells in the follicles. Now consider more for the future: progesterone, topical hydrocortisone, dermaneedling, estrofem, estrogel, cyproterone, dutasteride, oral min, topical min, Diane-35, topical Dexamethasone.. All of that has synergy. Combine all that and you'll get better.

I don't know how we can thank you for all the time you spent to answer and write your knowledge.
Very pleased to read this kind of posts :)

@Sonolmn98
Maybe dermarolling ?? (Dermapen)

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don't understand how your skin can look that good, despite the fact of taking oral minoxidil???
skin look better than at 26...

Osprey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now consider more for the future: progesterone, topical hydrocortisone

What does hydrocortisone do for the hair? I was prescribed hydrocorisol cream for eczema a couple years ago and it was effective for that reason. Was warned to use it in moderation though as it was strong stuff.

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
put Estrogel all over forehead and hairline/temples at the moment. @Letsdoit You still applying E to your face? Anyone else putting Estrogel on face for extra collagen production / anti-aging effects?
yeah I used to rub it on my forehead too..
9 days off spironolactone and my sex drive is insane again and I’m still on 2.5mg dutasteride.
ehh you might wanna lay off the dutasteride a little.. sounds like you've got tolerance to it. Its probably just taxing your liver at this point.
What are your thoughts on the benefits of progesterone for hair, I’ve read conflicting reports about this
I believe progesterone itself is good. but It does depend on the enzymes in your body. Progesterone is both a hormone and a hormone precursor which can end up turning into many other things; corticosteriods, estradiol, testosterone, etc.. no surprise there's conflicting reports.
But it could boost allopregnalonone which is lowered by dutasteride. and through that process lowers 5ar. Cypro lowers T production by its affinity to progesterone receptor however it is much stronger than progesterone at activating it..natural P is mildly antigonadal but then again progesterone is utilized to turn into androgens, but androgens can be aromatized.. If balls are deactivated then I have less of the enzymes to turn it into androgens.. .

your topical sounds like a nice combo.