Examples Of People Going Full Bald On Finasteride?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this ever happen? If someone starts finasteride relatively early, has anyone ever seen them go full bald if they stick with it? I’ve been here for over a year and I’ve only seen of people getting off because it didn’t work for them, and then they go bald. Not sure if anyone actually lost a SIGNIFICANT (70%+) amount of hair while on finasteride.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never seen it happen. The only people that ever claim to get significantly worse on treatment are low Norwoods with thick density who make it sound like it’s the end of the world to shed 6 hairs. And the evidence they usually present is doubtful. It’s often parted or wet hair with flash burst into it.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think so, only situation would be if your hair loss is aggressive and is not able to maintain what you have so your baldness continues albeit at a slightly slower rate. btw your still looks great a year or so in so i don't think your balding is aggressive.

Last edited:

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t believe half the nonsense hysterical broscientists/fantasists say on here. Reliable data shows finasteride will stop hair loss for most people who stick with it as a long term treatment. I’ve been on 1mg daily since 20th May 2017 and I’ve experienced slight (and continuing) thickening, completely in line with expectations.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can remember one guy in my long stay here who actually went full nw6 on almost a decade on finasteride with documented pics.

Never seen it with avodart

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does someone have to go full on slick bald?

Look at the Anti Androgen forum, about 90% of the people there are way below baseline even after 6 months to a year.

Not touching anything that will worsen my hair or has the potential to.

LifeIsSucks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does someone have to go full on slick bald?

Look at the Anti Androgen forum, about 90% of the people there are way below baseline even after 6 months to a year.

Not touching anything that will worsen my hair or has the potential to.
90%? So you went through everysingle post ever made to confirm rhat number? Plenty of studies show that finasteride will either maintain at the base line or improve for around 85% of the people

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
90%? So you went through everysingle post ever made to confirm rhat number? Plenty of studies show that finasteride will either maintain at the base line or improve for around 85% of the people
Pretty much.

A rough estimate.

Maybe 95%.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I believe half the people in the peer reviewed finasteride study dropped out early, probably because of sides.

Those numbers are skewed to sell snake oil to the desperado's.

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahaha
You are overly optimistic
Testosterone causes also miniaturization of hair follicles not just DHT

Last edited:

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From my experience. Finasteride was the first time i ever experience the hair loss itch, and my hair loss had sped up quite abit. so i came on here many times questioning whether it was normal and people kept saying just give it time. basically no one knew whether the itch was normal. and some even said switch to dutasteride. and so i did. the itch continued, so i stopped taking it. and now im left with a very sensitive itcht scalp. one i can't figure out what the issue is.

I used to be able to take Saw Palmetto. now i am sensitive to it like its finasteride. i used to be able to use topicals, now my scalp reacts badly to them.

I ain't totally sure whether the sensitivity is DHT related, allergy or if its messed my hormones up. or even a mix of all.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all you asked a wrong question. Even without medication, very few men naturally go full NW7 in their lifetimes. The majority of men with baldness will have their final norwood pattern between 3V-5V and not progress further until well into their elderly years.

So a better question to ask is: "If someone got on finasteride fairly early (NW1.5-2 with slight diffuse) have they ever progressed to being an effectively bald man of NW3+?"

The answer: Yes, the majority of men on finasteride will become effectively bald usually within 5 years, because finasteride is not effective at stopping baldness.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all you asked a wrong question. Even without medication, very few men naturally go full NW7 in their lifetimes. The majority of men with baldness will have their final norwood pattern between 3V-5V and not progress further until well into their elderly years.

So a better question to ask is: "If someone got on finasteride fairly early (NW1.5-2 with slight diffuse) have they ever progressed to being an effectively bald man of NW3+?"

The answer: Yes, the majority of men on finasteride will become effectively bald usually within 5 years, because finasteride is not effective at stopping baldness.

Complete BS.

Finjunkie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I strongly disagree with WiseMiller. It goes against what the vast majority of controlled studies show, along with my own experience.

I haven't lost a noticeable amount of hair since the day I started finasteride almost 8 years ago, even though I went from NW0 to NWII in about a year and half before that and have a strong family history of male pattern baldness.

If you don't believe me check my post history. I'm going to ask for sources here, because I've never seen a study that shows finasteride is less than 80% effective at retaining existing hair

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never seen it happen. The only people that ever claim to get significantly worse on treatment are low Norwoods with thick density who make it sound like it’s the end of the world to shed 6 hairs. And the evidence they usually present is doubtful. It’s often parted or wet hair with flash burst into it.
This is me lolol

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yeah I strongly disagree with WiseMiller. It goes against what the vast majority of controlled studies show, along with my own experience.

I haven't lost a noticeable amount of hair since the day I started finasteride almost 8 years ago, even though I went from NW0 to NWII in about a year and half before that and have a strong family history of male pattern baldness.

If you don't believe me check my post history. I'm going to ask for sources here, because I've never seen a study that shows finasteride is less than 80% effective at retaining existing hair
You have any threads with your case with photos. I went below baseline on finasteride but still maintained enough hair to prove it helps offset your final Norwood later in life. I don't think it's a cure.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a study in which hundreds of men were above baseline after 10 years on Finasteride.

Dutasteride is pretty much the cure.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Possible I'm sure, but guessing rare. I'm about 7 1/2 years in on finasteride and I've lost nothing. Not a surprise if you read the studies.
What was your hair like before taking it? We’re you thinning or just receding?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a study in which hundreds of men were above baseline after 10 years on Finasteride.

Dutasteride is pretty much the cure.
I like this guy.

Can anyone post some long term successes or even failures based off the topic? I’ve seen a few over the last year but I don’t know if I can find them again. One Asian dude had crazy success for like 5 years or something and then posted an update a year or so later, absolute nw6. He quit finasteride but never explained why.