Examples Of People Going Full Bald On Finasteride?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is me lolol
I think that treatment will prevent the final pattern from emerging. Mild age-related thinning in the NW2 region will still take place, but it won't progress much because DHT is not raping your scalp.

Finjunkie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like this guy.

Can anyone post some long term successes or even failures based off the topic? I’ve seen a few over the last year but I don’t know if I can find them again. One Asian dude had crazy success for like 5 years or something and then posted an update a year or so later, absolute nw6. He quit finasteride but never explained why.

I am long term success. I've been taking finasteride 1mg for almost 8 years. Look at my post history, I maintain a long term history thread I've kept up with since hairlosshelp went down years ago. You can follow my username and thread back there to 2012 with pictures. I come back roughly twice a year to prove finasteride does work, at least for some of us.

I usually come back maybe a month a year and your post happened to be in that window.

In short I've kept taking finasteride 1mg from random legal sources for close to a decade. Only side effect has been a slight loss of beard and body hair.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean anything well below baseline or any form impotence is total fail

Check out all the stellar reviews on the AA page, make you hesitant?
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/forums/antiandrogens-propecia-dutasteride-etc.35/

file-3-05-2016-9-20-45-am-jpeg.jpg

1.5 years later

photo-25-10-16-11-08-52-pm-jpg-jpg.jpg

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could it be that he maintained but due to brighter light it looks thinned? The light can make a huge difference in how my frontal area and crown look.
He notes he thinned dramatically which the pics demonstrate

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The cosmetic medical industry is absolute bullshit and so are their studies. You guys are so gullible.

My gf has probably had 30 procedures done and about 15 of them have fucked up and needed to be revised, everytime the doctors are like "wow this is extremely rare and the studies say it's impossible. I've never seen this before. You are probably noticing something that was already there and have bdd".

Goddamn snakeoil salesmen.

The studies are often conducted under incredibly biased conditions. Multiple times to get the best results, and the people who drop out because they get fucked up from sides are not counted in the end result. Billions of dollars are at stake.

I know a girl who did this FDA approved thing called Thermage to tighten her facial skin and it melted all the fat in her face, not evenly either, she now looks like a lumpy deformed freak. No mention about it at all in the studies until reports became so widespread with victims years after it's release the medical community finally acknowledged it.

Last edited:

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The cosmetic medical industry is absolute bullshit and so are their studies. You guys are so gullible.

My gf has probably had 30 procedures done and about 15 of them have fucked up and needed to be revised, everytime the doctors are like "wow this is extremely rare and the studies say it's impossible. I've never seen this before. You are probably noticing something that was already there and have bdd".

The studies are often conducted under incredibly biased conditions. Multiple times to get the best results, and the people who drop out because they get fucked up from sides are not counted in the end result. Billions of dollars are at stake.

I know a girl who did this FDA approved thing called Thermage to tighten her facial skin and it melted all the fat in her face, not evenly either, she now looks like a lumpy deformed freak. No mention about it at all in the studies until reports became so widespread with victims years after it's release the medical community finally acknowledged it.

You can look at the study, 1.4% dropped out in propecia group and 1.6% out of the control.

The study doesn’t specify but ideally it would be an “intention to treat” study where even if they stopped taking the medication due to adverse events they are still counted in their original group, propecia or placebo. I have a feeling this study was “as treated” though which could bias the data. However with a low drop out rate of 1.4% I doubt there is too much bias.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 things can cause hair loss:

Testosterone
DHT
Cytokines

"The actions of androgens such as testosterone and dihydrotestosterone are mediated via the androgen receptor (AR), a ligand-dependent nuclear transcription factor and member of the steroid hormone nuclear receptor family."

"The main function of the androgen receptor is as a DNA-binding transcription factor that regulates gene expression" i.e. baldness, acne, hirsutism, any androgen dependent gene...

Cytokines also bind to JAK3 metabolites and enter the nucleus to transcribe genes dependent on the AR

finasteride/dutasteride: only blocks DHT
spironolactone/cpa: blocks T (and DHT a little via T suppression)
flutamide/bicalutamide: competitively inhibits KLK3 activation and AR signaling as a whole so T, DHT, and Cytokines are rendered useless

I started balding at 14 and I did research and I was able to get on bicalutamide and stop my hair loss

I did NOT respond to finasteride/dutasteride/spironolactone/cpa/estrogen, but I responded to bicalutamide

hope this helped

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean anything well below baseline or any form impotence is total fail

Check out all the stellar reviews on the AA page, make you hesitant?
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/forums/antiandrogens-propecia-dutasteride-etc.35/

View attachment 125801

1.5 years later

View attachment 125802
finasteride only reduces PSA by 25%, its a very weak AA
dutasteride reduces PSA by 35%, its still weak

PSA being the biological marker of AR signaling in the body

CPA and Spironolactone are able to inhibit 30-70% of PSA in the body at high doses.

meanwhile Bicalutamide reduces PSA by 90% at 50mg, 97% at 100mg, and 97% at 150mg.

Cytokines and T play a HUGE role in gene transcription of baldness, so of course inhibiting 70% of your DHT with finasteride may isn't a hair miracle.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

imagine taking drugs to melt the fat in your face instead of just losing weight lmao

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride only reduces PSA by 25%, its a very weak AA
dutasteride reduces PSA by 35%, its still weak

PSA being the biological marker of AR signaling in the body

CPA and Spironolactone are able to inhibit 30-70% of PSA in the body at high doses.

meanwhile Bicalutamide reduces PSA by 90% at 50mg, 97% at 100mg, and 97% at 150mg.

Cytokines and T play a HUGE role in gene transcription of baldness, so of course inhibiting 70% of your DHT with finasteride may isn't a hair miracle.
Are you saying you take Bicalutamide orally and tank all the testosterone in your body?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you saying you take Bicalutamide orally and tank all the testosterone in your body?
I take bicalutamide because it reduces AR signaling

I still have high Testosterone at 1488ng/dl and I can get erections multiple times a day and workout with ease since bicalutamide doesn't lower T rather it prevents AR signaling as a whole.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I still have high Testosterone at 1488ng/dl and I can get erections multiple times a day and workout with ease since bicalutamide doesn't lower T rather it prevents AR signaling as a whole.

How do you get this stuff?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Are you telling me it doesnt have any effects that work against the androgenic and exspecially the anabolic nature of testosterone?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you telling me it doesnt have any effects that work against the androgenic and exspecially the anabolic nature of testosterone?
bicalutamide is the strongest anti androgen with NO anti anabolic effects, take a look here brother...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 2.22.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 2.22.17 PM.png
    130 KB · Views: 166

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you get gyno? That seems to be (out of the normal side-effects) the only intolerable one.
thats the only side effect I've gotten and anyways I'm gonna get surgery to remove it

besides that I also got extremely high boost in sex drive, but I kinda like that lmao :)