Equol

Jacob

Reaction score
Those are all questions he refuses to ask the guy.

I don't think isoflavones were ever really compared/studied. He's pretty much admitting those taking the product now are the ones testing things out for him.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Densiti aside (we may as well discuss that in the Densiti thread anyway), I think all we really need now is ONE thing. Or maybe 2 tops.

We need a study determining the effects of orally administered doses of s-equol on male DHT levels. That is quite possibly the most important thing right now :)

It would also be useful to see the effects of normal equol (as a combination of R and S), as a gauge.

I think it should be done at varying doses, over perhaps a 2 week period (which should be more than long enough to see the levels theoretically drop, and then stabilize).

Does anyone know of a study like this? If not, I think we should encourage one to happen, as it would be of great significance to us I believe :)

hopingforhair

Reaction score
Coolstorybro said:
Hoppi said:
(I put this on another forum I frequent too, but I wanted to declare it here also!)

As well as Densiti, I really want to obtain or make pure s-equol. I think that something with this much potential just needs to be given a full swing at male pattern baldness.

If anyone is with me, I want to find a way of making s-equol that is fit to be taken orally. I just don't want to wait any longer for companies to release it, and even when they do it tends to be in very low doses and a combination of R and S equol. I just think we need to do it. Make it, use it, and test it.

Because if it works, we're done. I think that guys should be able to eat what they want, drink what they want, and keep their hair, you know? And equol could be the ticket

Sorry to be so blunt but.. am I not right? If it doesn't work, then that's cool, but I don't think oral s-equol has been given a fair shot at male pattern baldness yet, and until it has, we may be overlooking the biggest male pattern baldness magic bullet the world has ever seen.

Anyway, that's all from me! :)

Dude, PM me! I want to join you, so we can together work out a way to try to make S Equol stuff orally! I'm not joking here, I'm acting serious now.

I noticed that Hoppi is on a vegetarian diet ... would the Equol work on a meat diet?

Reaction score
Densiti aside (we may as well discuss that in the Densiti thread anyway), I think all we really need now is ONE thing. Or maybe 2 tops.

We need a study determining the effects of orally administered doses of s-equol on male DHT levels. That is quite possibly the most important thing right now

It would also be useful to see the effects of normal equol (as a combination of R and S), as a gauge.

I think it should be done at varying doses, over perhaps a 2 week period (which should be more than long enough to see the levels theoretically drop, and then stabilize).

Does anyone know of a study like this? If not, I think we should encourage one to happen, as it would be of great significance to us I believe

I found this study published in 2010. Maybe it could help :

Equol study

Any news of Densiti product users ? (now it's proequol.com who sell the product)
It would be great to have some feedback to know this product can help or not in a combo. Thanks

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
2020 said:
why exactly did this theory died out? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I hope that it died out, simply because I kept telling everybody that the biological effect of equol is very similar to what you get with 5a-reductase inhibitors like finasteride and dutasteride! :)

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
2020 said:
why exactly did this theory died out? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I hope that it died out, simply because I kept telling everybody that the biological effect of equol is very similar to what you get with 5a-reductase inhibitors like finasteride and dutasteride! :)

but the japanese are consuming crazy amounts of soy and I don't think any of them are getting side effects from it?

btw, side effects from propecia can come from elevated estradiol which DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH SOY:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19597532

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's kinda complicated to talk about "side effects", when you have pure drugs like finasteride on one hand, and soy isoflavones on the other! :)

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ITT dudes inject green tea into their scalps and pour soy milk onto their domes

Should be good. I think the only case of b**ch tits was from a guy who drank several liters of soy milk daily for months on end.

Reviews of the literature conclude soy consumption is not feminizing, won't lower your testosterone, raise your estrogen, etc.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LawOfThelema said:
ITT dudes inject green tea into their scalps and pour soy milk onto their domes

Should be good. I think the only case of b**ch tits was from a guy who drank several liters of soy milk daily for months on end.

Reviews of the literature conclude soy consumption is not feminizing, won't lower your testosterone, raise your estrogen, etc.

so what are you saying?

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score

NO NO NO your off on this and I never understand why you poo paw equol. Okay yes I guess the bio effect is very similar, but then agian maybe not because your binding DHT not inhibiting 5AR. There would be differences. Why do you ignore the importance of the difference between equol and finasteride???? Studies clearly say that equol binds directly to DHT and does not inhibit 5AR. Now that is a big difference that needs some investigation and not to be swept under the rug like you keep doing.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
NO NO NO your off on this and I never understand why you poo paw equol. Okay yes I guess the bio effect is very similar, but then agian maybe not because your binding DHT not inhibiting 5AR. There would be differences. Why do you ignore the importance of the difference between equol and finasteride???? Studies clearly say that equol binds directly to DHT and does not inhibit 5AR. Now that is a big difference that needs some investigation and not to be swept under the rug like you keep doing.

There's little difference between the two approaches. If you want to start spending a lot of money by trying to buy equol or trying to force your body to make more if it, be my guest.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
There's little difference between the two approaches. If you want to start spending a lot of money by trying to buy equol or trying to force your body to make more if it, be my guest.

No I am not like bird brain HOPPIE (I think he died or something). Actually I was excited about the development of a pharma version. It is already being tested for female menopause or something to that effect as I recall, the research is ongoing and the link has already posted in this thread. If it was not worth a crap then you would think pharma would not be experimenting with it right?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
No I am not like bird brain HOPPIE (I think he died or something). Actually I was excited about the development of a pharma version. It is already being tested for female menopause or something to that effect as I recall, the research is ongoing and the link has already posted in this thread. If it was not worth a crap then you would think pharma would not be experimenting with it right?

Exactly. Which makes me doubt that there really is a drug company which is experimenting with it.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Which makes me doubt that there really is a drug company which is experimenting with it.

Your wrong. Actual Equol was placed into a nutrient food bar for women. Clinical trails showed it to be effective. How come you missed the post about that?

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
but the japanese are consuming crazy amounts of soy and I don't think any of them are getting side effects from it?

btw, side effects from propecia can come from elevated estradiol which DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH SOY:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19597532

OH YES IT DOES!
There are women with fibroids which for many, are fed from estadiol, when women consume soy they GROW LIKE CRAZY! Many breast cancers are caused by estradiol many are estrogen positive and mainly that one is what feeds those cancers.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most studies point to soy having health protective effects not deleterious.

Maybe you can find some exceptions, sure.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most studies point to soy having health protective effects not deleterious.

Maybe you can find some exceptions, sure.

we don't even care about actual soy at this point.... we are able to produce equol DIRECTLY instead of hoping that your body will convert to it. The only problem with EQUOL is price! Seriously guys this is the cure, why is it getting so little attention?

abcdefg

Reaction score
A cure? Add it to the ever growing list of things that theoretically should help with hair loss and some of them even have some small studies supporting they help. The list would literally be 20+ supplements and topicals which you can go broke trying many combinations. Its another thing you can try but not a cure.
For the record a cure would mean a way to stop male pattern baldness forever or to completely regrow all your hair like Norwood 5 to Norwood 0 straight teenage hairline. This is not proven to be either of these so its not a cure.