Equol

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
The creator of Densiti reckons soymilk is more effective (considerably so I believe). That's just his opinion though, I haven't seen evidence to prove or disprove that :)

cool thanks....I will probably stick to the soy Iso's, take the sea weed and drink Kefir in the AM.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Ah nothing quite like a large Densiti loading dose! hehe :)

I wonder if this will work! I have been drinking SO much soy, taking 2-3 florajen a day, 4-6 Densitis a day (recommended number is 4), so we'll see!

Of course I will settle down to a more normal dose soon, but personally I am very much a believer in loading doses for certain treatments :)

Jacob

Reaction score
I guess I wouldn't want to know the answers to the questions from him either..since he's already said that unfermented soy is just fine :shakehead:

Hoppi

Reaction score
I think he's just focused Jacob. If he got all tied down to fermented soy or organic soy or this or that then he wouldn't be so focused on the real objective - stopping people's hair loss. I'm sure at some point more research will be carried out with fermented soy. You can't have everything at once :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Hoppi..if he were that focused he'd already have worked with fermented soy :shock: From what I've read, he wasn't even aware of the controversy over regular soy...all this time. He's so focused on stopping ppl's hair loss that it looks like those trying it now are the real guinea pigs. Which is fine, but he makes it sound like it's such a success, and yet there's no proof out there for that. Sound familiar?

Again...why wouldn't you want those other questions answered? :dunno:

Hoppi

Reaction score
I dunno man, at the moment I'm just giving it a go and seeing if it works.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Did anyone try anything in the end? Maybe I should move the discussion back to this thread from my other lol

On another forum, someone apparently unsuccessfully tried SE5-OH. Which seems very odd to me. So odd that I would be tempted to actually research it further and try it at higher dose myself, as really, it SHOULD work, you know?

If Densiti and natural equol production works.. then surely getting equol into you directly should work.. right? o_O

Hoppi

Jacob

Reaction score
Link to the product that person took? I wouldn't go by one person anyway..but nor am I one to think this equol is going to be the cure-all.

Jacob

Reaction score
The product you may be referring to was called NutriPlus Equol. All the links to it say it's no longer available. So it was either crap...was not a good idea to take....or worse.

Maybe they changed the name..but you'd think they'd just say so/link to it then.

I haven't seen anywhere where that product is/was the one in the link above(and the one you posted in the new thread) though...

Hoppi

Reaction score
I still haven't received an e-mail back.

It is fantastic news though that S-Equol finds it's way into the blood stream with high bioavailability when taken orally - I really wasn't expecting that!

Theoretically therefore this really shouldn't be THAT tricky.. I'll keep searching later :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Yeah..it's fantastic news Hoppi..that was posted in this very thread some time ago. I even posted that it was strange you weren't commenting on it. Given your equol obsession :dunno:

Hoppi

Reaction score
It's not so much how many times we mention it though, it's whether any of us can find an affordable and reliable product!

Hoppi

Reaction score
Lewis13 said:
You may have already found this link Hoppi....

http://www.raysahelian.com/equol.html

Thanks man but that's not really what I'm looking for - I'm really looking for a straight S-Equol supplement, ideally a good dose. I am already using Densiti to try to make equol myself, but I'd rather just get it into myself directly! :)

EDIT -- Just read back over this thread again now I have a bit more knowledge, and yeah I do see that the supplemental equol route was covered, it's just a shame it's so tricky to just find a good supplement, in plentiful supply at a good price.

I'll have to have a look through those ones on the hairlosshelp forums later, as some of them look quite cheap if they are still selling it.

I'm also tempted to just buy the bacteria, buy the daidzein, and make the damn stuff myself! lol

.. hmm, it's here on some more places but it's quite pricey, and also it's hard to tell if it's R or S-Equol.

http://www.lclabs.com/PRODFILE/D-F/E-5880.php4

http://www.betapharma.com/index.php?opt ... 5&Itemid=2

Betapharma sell it cheap though, so if it's S I would be happy buying it along with a few other people and splitting the cost, as it's like $440 for a whole kilogram, and they seem reputable. That's not a bad price. I really hope it's S - I have e-mailed them.

... RIGHT! I just was on here: http://www.chemicalbook.com/ChemicalPro ... =CB2317528 and I e-mailed every manufacturer of equol listed in the UK, Europe, Germany, the US and Canada! Crazy I know but.. man I just want to see if it works, I don't like faffing around! Let's see what they say about the type and cost of the equol they have/sell :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
I have offered to pay someone on oDesk $25 if they can find an S-Equol supplement! lol :)

I am just so determined... I think this stuff is golden.

I'll be getting seaweed soon, lowering my fat intake and improving my diet, to increase my chances of being an equol producer.

Also, I am very curious about other precise probiotics I can take to make my production of it more effective. I'll have a look through the ones Hairrific posted.

Sorry to keep posting about this, I just want to get success so much!

Hoppi :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Hoppi...dude...you might as well change your name to The Equolizer :punk:

Hoppi

Reaction score
hehe :)

Equol isn't actually the ONLY thing I have my eye on to this end at the moment, but it is definitely one of the biggest players! I think the fact it binds to DHT makes it very powerful :)

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppie,
I don't think I would consume that Equol from China stuff as it is for
research, it might be interesting test to apply it topically maybe. They won't sell it to you so why even think about that route.

We need to get are hands on the Natural S-equol (SE5-OH) that
has already been developed as a nutraceutical ingredient! It has
already been developed and tested on humans with success. and now I
think they are trying to figure out the correct dosages. I say successful
mainly because even if you are not an equol producer, it will make
you absorb equol and in a since make you an equol producer! :punk:

http://www.sciencecodex.com/novel_s...ced_ hot_flash_frequency_by_nearly_59_percent

harmavite LLC, the makers of NatureMade® vitamins and minerals and a subsidiary of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., is studying in clinical trials SE5-OH containing Natural S-equol in supplement form for the management
of menopausal symptoms.

Another thought: I am not completely understanding this and I have not had time to study my hunch, but there is an important fermentation microbe in the
production of several cheeses, including artisanal Italian and traditional Egyptian Domiati cheeses that I think can stimulate equol production in the
gut with daidzein.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I think I'm just horribly impatient :) lol

As far as I can tell these are the best and most affordable labs for it:

http://www.bepharm.com

http://www.wdfpharm.com

http://www.betapharma.com

But I don't know which has specifically s-equol, or whether they are all just a combination of r and s.

I am interested in other probiotics like you said that might enhance chances and amount of equol production - at the moment I am taking densiti, florajen, soymilk and soon "Sea Iodine", which contains lots of kinds of sea weed (this apparently encourages equol production further, and should help my thyroid to function better in the face of all that soy >.< ) :)

It feels like we're getting closer anyway!