Equol

Coolstorybro

Reaction score
Where do you Get this S Equol ? :D

I wanna get this stuff so It can bind to my DHT, and Fix up my hair!

Thanks buddys and mates!

Hoppi

Reaction score
Some further information courtesy of a very cool guy on oDesk!

Patent for use of S-Equol - http://www.odesk.com/leaving_odesk.php? ... 0090018185

Details of the assignees! http://www.odesk.com/leaving_odesk.php? ... ID%3D13273

Oh, and this link in case anyone missed it: http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateDensity5-10.html

We were discussing the other bacteria mentioned in the patent for making equol. It's all very interesting an exciting, but the guy advised caution with some strains (god knows what the carnivorous ones are capable of if they get near to you... :shock: )

but yeah! Some general progress perhaps :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Thing is its not getting the isoflavones (daidzein is the one that is converted into equol), its having the right probiotics inside you to convert it. I am using a product/regimen called Densiti, which theoretically increases one's chance of becoming an equol producer from soy, and can apparently achieve this in weeks and not years!! :)

Coolstorybro

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Thing is its not getting the isoflavones (daidzein is the one that is converted into equol), its having the right probiotics inside you to convert it. I am using a product/regimen called Densiti, which theoretically increases one's chance of becoming an equol producer from soy, and can apparently achieve this in weeks and not years!! :)

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements ... vones.html

Which is Super-Absorbable Soy Isoflavones (Has 20mg of Daidzine in it) per serving

How much Daidzine does Densiti have?

How much should one consume Daidzine, so they can be an equol producer?

Hoppi

Reaction score
Densiti itself contains no daidzein :) You must consume soy as well as it, as well as a lactobacillus acidophilus supplement. Densiti contains only another probiotic and green tea extract :)

Oh, more info duuuuudes!

"The science around S-equol is offered on the website. Thus far the product has not been brought to market. The ingredient has been tested for safety and is considered safe based on animal and human studies."

That was the e-mail back I got from Pharmavite :)

Good news there!

Unfortunately the guy at Betapharma could not confirm if what they had was R or S equol, just describing it as "equol" O.O I'm not sure what is meant when people simply say "equol" - is it a combination of the two? Does anyone know?

Peace!

Hoppi :)

Coolstorybro

Reaction score
What are some other foods that also Help Metabolize Equol?

Any foods in particular help stimulate Equol production?

Thanks!

Jacob

Reaction score
Hoppi...has the guy even tested it out with a supplement such as that LEF one posted? It sure would make more sense than consuming gobs of soy.

Hoppi

Reaction score
(I put this on another forum I frequent too, but I wanted to declare it here also!)

As well as Densiti, I really want to obtain or make pure s-equol. I think that something with this much potential just needs to be given a full swing at male pattern baldness.

If anyone is with me, I want to find a way of making s-equol that is fit to be taken orally. I just don't want to wait any longer for companies to release it, and even when they do it tends to be in very low doses and a combination of R and S equol. I just think we need to do it. Make it, use it, and test it.

Because if it works, we're done. I think that guys should be able to eat what they want, drink what they want, and keep their hair, you know? And equol could be the ticket

Sorry to be so blunt but.. am I not right? If it doesn't work, then that's cool, but I don't think oral s-equol has been given a fair shot at male pattern baldness yet, and until it has, we may be overlooking the biggest male pattern baldness magic bullet the world has ever seen.

Anyway, that's all from me! :)

Coolstorybro

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
(I put this on another forum I frequent too, but I wanted to declare it here also!)

As well as Densiti, I really want to obtain or make pure s-equol. I think that something with this much potential just needs to be given a full swing at male pattern baldness.

If anyone is with me, I want to find a way of making s-equol that is fit to be taken orally. I just don't want to wait any longer for companies to release it, and even when they do it tends to be in very low doses and a combination of R and S equol. I just think we need to do it. Make it, use it, and test it.

Because if it works, we're done. I think that guys should be able to eat what they want, drink what they want, and keep their hair, you know? And equol could be the ticket

Sorry to be so blunt but.. am I not right? If it doesn't work, then that's cool, but I don't think oral s-equol has been given a fair shot at male pattern baldness yet, and until it has, we may be overlooking the biggest male pattern baldness magic bullet the world has ever seen.

Anyway, that's all from me! :)

Dude, PM me! I want to join you, so we can together work out a way to try to make S Equol stuff orally! I'm not joking here, I'm acting serious now.

Jacob

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Hoppi...has the guy even tested it out with a supplement such as that LEF one posted? It sure would make more sense than consuming gobs of soy.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Some more news on my equol experiences :)

Still shedding, but I'm sure my scalp feels better and I can feel lots of hair stubble and less dandruff, I'm fairly convinced. I'm going to stick with it! Still shedding though :(

But this fits well with what this other guy said who was in his 50s using equol I think, and he said his shedding dropped dramatically afterwards! Yay! *crosses fingers!*

I cannot be sure if this scalp change is the equol, abstaining, the collagen supplementation, the taurine.. but I'm just going to press on.

I can still feel inflammation though. Some people say they notice increased inflammation after consuming sugar, so I'm going to cut sugar pretty much 100% from my diet and see if that helps to stop the inflammation.

Peace

Hoppi :)

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not just do this...

soy isoflavones (no need to chug soy milk)
Enhanced Super Digestive Enzymes with Probiotics (LEF)
green tea extract
Sea Iodine

A lot cheaper than Densiti

Hoppi

Reaction score
Erm, a couple of things lakota. First of all, apparently in the trials run for Densiti, soymilk proved more effective than simply taking the isoflavones (but I am not sure why).

Secondly.. I always stick to Densiti a) because I trust Eric who makes it and b) because I want to thank him for all the hard work, time, research and effort he has put in. I feel it is more than deserving of my money and commitment for as long as I have this problem :)

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't see why you are so ga ga about this Densiti product? Contains bacillus coagulans and green tea extract, caffeine, common ingredients one can get else where for less. Bacillus coagulans also known as Lactobacillus sporogenes which is already in my vitamin supplement. Any reason why he used that common bacterium as opposed to any of the other bacterium probiotics he could of used? Any citation?

Why did he use caffeine?

What is so special about all the ingredients in Densti? They are already in my vitamin supplements. By the way, he don't even list the ingredients on his web site for this product! :( How sad is that?

So what is so special about it?

Why are you still ga ga over it?