Equol: A Natural Dht Binder And The Primary Ingredient In Brotzu

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
wrong

look at this picture

what do you see?

View attachment 84740

some people maybe would say they see the leader of japan and china shaking hands but do you know what i see?

i see two people who eat soy allday long everyday...with gutflora that can be named as a equol factory
I live in Japan. There's lots of bald guys here, at least when it comes to 40+. take this with a grain of salt of course. https://soranews24.com/2014/05/09/m...them-all-japan-top-for-male-baldness-in-asia/

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
what are the right gut bacterias for equol production tho? do we know this?

From what I can find I don't think there's any easy way to just buy a probiotic loaded with equol producing bacteria and take that. It seems pretty experimental level stuff. It seems to be an ongoing source of research eg. from 2006:

Administration of Equol-Producing Bacteria Alters the Equol Production Status in the Simulator of the Gastrointestinal Microbial Ecosystem (SHIME)

https://academic.oup.com/jn/article/136/4/946/4664303

Or a review article from 2015:

The beneficial effects of the soy isoflavone daidzin, the glycoside of daidzein, have been reported in individuals producing equol, a reduction product of daidzein produced by specific colonic bacteria in individuals called equol producers. These individuals comprise 30% and 60% of populations consuming Western and soy-rich Asian diets, respectively. Since the higher percentage of equol producers in populations consuming soy-rich diets is correlated with a lower incidence of hormone-dependent diseases, considerable efforts have been made to detect the specific colonic bacteria involved in the metabolism of daidzein to the more estrogenic compound, equol, which should facilitate the investigation of the metabolic activities related to this compound.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4381290/

In theory, if you have equol producing bacteria, you could take a daidzein supplement and have them turn it into a steady stream of s-equol. But I don't know how to get the bacteria or to prove you're an equol producer.

inb4 someone kills themselves by trying to ingest "the right bacteria".

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I can find I don't think there's any easy way to just buy a probiotic loaded with equol producing bacteria and take that. It seems pretty experimental level stuff. It seems to be an ongoing source of research eg. from 2006:

Administration of Equol-Producing Bacteria Alters the Equol Production Status in the Simulator of the Gastrointestinal Microbial Ecosystem (SHIME)

https://academic.oup.com/jn/article/136/4/946/4664303

Or a review article from 2015:

The beneficial effects of the soy isoflavone daidzin, the glycoside of daidzein, have been reported in individuals producing equol, a reduction product of daidzein produced by specific colonic bacteria in individuals called equol producers. These individuals comprise 30% and 60% of populations consuming Western and soy-rich Asian diets, respectively. Since the higher percentage of equol producers in populations consuming soy-rich diets is correlated with a lower incidence of hormone-dependent diseases, considerable efforts have been made to detect the specific colonic bacteria involved in the metabolism of daidzein to the more estrogenic compound, equol, which should facilitate the investigation of the metabolic activities related to this compound.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4381290/

In theory, if you have equol producing bacteria, you could take a daidzein supplement and have them turn it into a steady stream of s-equol. But I don't know how to get the bacteria or to prove you're an equol producer.

inb4 someone kills themselves by trying to ingest "the right bacteria".

I know a genius who was at the forefront of the gene mapping revolution, and predicted the solar power revolution before it was obvious.

He's a big proponent of research into poop transplants.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Higher consumption of green tea may enhance equol production.
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2003.
Our previous case-control study revealed that Japanese living in Japan and Koreans living in Korea can be divided into equol producers who have an ability to metabolize daidzein to equol and non-producers, and that the incidence of prostate cancer is higher in the latter group. In the present study, we examined relationships between type of food intake and the capacity for equol production in Japanese subjects. The subjects were the individuals analyzed for the ability to produce equol in our previous study and newly registered cases. From 2000 to 2002, 276 hospitalized patients were interviewed face-to-face and blood samples were collected before breakfast. These included 122 patients with prostate cancer and 154 age-matched controls. The frequency of equol producers (0.5 ng/ml or more) among cases and controls was 29% and 45%, respectively. The consumption of soybeans and green tea were significantly higher in equol producers than in the non-producers. By contrast, the consumption of selenium and fiber was significantly lower in equol producers. Our results suggest that higher consumption of soybean and green tea are strongly related to the establishment of a capacity for equol production."

http://www.raysahelian.com/equol.html

Give me 1 reason not to start drinking 2l green tea a day combined daidzen/genistein capsules...

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats the difference between daidzein or genistein btw?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
The link says asian countries including japan have a way less high balding rate than european countries
Yes, but according to that Japan was baldest amongst all other Asian countries.

Give me 1 reason not to start drinking 2l green tea a day combined daidzen/genistein capsules...
This is in mice but..
Mice treated with black tea tended to have a greater serum testosterone concentration (34.4%, P = 0.50) and had a 72% lower DHT concentration than controls (P < 0.05), suggesting that black tea may contain components that inhibit the activity of 5α-reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to the more bioactive DHT. Green tea tended to increase serum testosterone and DHT levels by 73.8% (P = 0.14) and 194% (P = 0.076), respectively.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but according to that Japan was baldest amongst all other Asian countries.

This is in mice but..
Mice treated with black tea tended to have a greater serum testosterone concentration (34.4%, P = 0.50) and had a 72% lower DHT concentration than controls (P < 0.05), suggesting that black tea may contain components that inhibit the activity of 5α-reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to the more bioactive DHT. Green tea tended to increase serum testosterone and DHT levels by 73.8% (P = 0.14) and 194% (P = 0.076), respectively.

f*****g hell

Brb heading to east frisia where they drink in average 300l black tea per year (some claim its the highest consume in the world) and doing a sample and analyse the balding rate compared to the rest of the european population

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g hell

Brb heading to east frisia where they drink in average 300l black tea per year (some claim its the highest consume in the world) and doing a sample and analyse the balding rate compared to the rest of the european population
The categins in green tea actually reduce 5ar however, green tea inhibits something which is used to process Testosterone, so it could be increasing Dht that way in those rats. This only only applies to green and white tea but not black because of the oxidizing process.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took s-equol (or at least it was supposed to be) orally for months, large doses, didnt do anything.
I guess topical application is the way to go, as per original post stated...

Let us know if any of you who start using it notice and changes

hey ! where did you buy it ?

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will definitely order some, got nothing to lose. Apparently it used to be incredibly expensive (and that's why many were reluctant to try this stuff back in the day), but now it's quite cheap.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm getting mine in day or two. Going to go for a basic ethanol/water mix initially.