Equol: A Natural Dht Binder And The Primary Ingredient In Brotzu

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@IdealForehead ,

If s-equol neutralizes DHT, and if a large fraction of people (including pregnant women) in East Asia are s-equol producers, why are there not more cases there of female babies who become boys at puberty, like among the Guedevoces?

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might have covered this already
, but is RS equol just a blend of r-equol and s-equol? So are basically both mechanisms at work when I apply this stuff?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER:
I have hypothyroidism. My T & DHT are subnormal as a result (low). I don't use conventional treatments (thyroxine), but I use red light and essential oils to improve and attempt to heal my thyroid gland. Because of this, my hormones oscillate a lot, and when I'm on these treatments my DHT increases to close to normal levels. This usually murders my hair within days, i.e. a complete loss of volume and quality and massive shedding. I've had to stop those treatments due to losing massive amounts of hair that RU and Alpicort could not even hold back. In other words when I don't use these therapies I am essentially mildly castrated and have an 'advantage' over other male pattern baldness sufferers even though I feel like sh*t.

Therefore, my experience here may not be entirely applicable to 'healthy' people with normal amounts of hormones, the flipside is that I can very easily and quickly see when something is working positively for my hair or negatively, because I can see the change in volume and hair quality in just a few days

I've decided to go out on a limb here and REALLY put equol to the test here because I've started taking a tsp of nigella sativa oil and treating my thyroid gland with red light again. My T, DHT and libido have gone way up as a result and If my hair does not go to complete sh*t within a week, that already means that equol has done what Finasteride, RU, and Estradiol have not been able to, and that is withstand normal hormonal levels and protect my hair despite that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, onto my observations:

I've actually been applying this in the morning and in the evening, so I'm dosing twice as high as I said I would, for no other reason just to see what I could get away with. So I've been doing 60 mg of equol topically per day. That is, in my view, quite a lot of equol. The vehicle is 96% ethanol and distilled water, in a 50:50 ratio. I'm not sure if this is an ideal vehicle, even though it dissolves perfectly, because it dries within 5 minutes, and I'm not convinced that the majority of the equol has time to enter the skin in such a short amount of time. Perhaps adding a small amount of PG to help it stay moist for longer would help, although it is a boon when applying it before work and you need it to dry quickly.

Initially I felt like what seemed like beginning gyno symptoms, i.e. mildly sensitive nipples, though now after 3 days I am pretty sure it was just a placebo as it is no longer taking my attention. Certainly a far more pleasant experience in that regard than taking Finasteride and watching your nipples balloon within days and itch all day long.

A mild pain in the *** is I'm also getting an effect similar to what many German users report from Finasteride, i.e. "sunken eyes", or having slightly more pronounced dark circles around the eyes. Not a deal breaker, but would obviously be better without it. I can't remember if I've had this on Finasteride but somehow it seems to be related to a reduction in DHT (this implies the equol goes somewhat systemic).

The next morning I experience a slight loss of androgenic drive mentally, this could be related to the 5-AR1 inhibition or just due to the binding of DHT within the brain, yet curiously libido and erection quality seem almost completely unaffected (in fact I've had diamond-splitting morning wood the past 2 nights) and there doesn't seem to be any brain fog unlike Finasteride and especially RU58841. It's a hard thing to explain but DHT in the brain is crucial for positivity and motivation, I seem to lose just a little bit of that effect on equol.

Today the third day in the afternoon for a few minutes I seemed to experience a few bouts of sudden vertigo and general anxiety, so I am going to be skipping today's evening dose. 60 mg a day definitely is on the high side in my opinion and after the skin is saturated it may be the rest just goes onto systemic circulation more readily and causes side effects. The optimal dose is yet to be determined.

Now the effects on hair. Even though I've been taking all this sh*t to boost my hormones, my hair hasn't gone to crap in the last 3 days which is a miracle in and of itself because nothing could hold back the shedding when I did this. Not RU, not even Alpicort F which I had success with before. It's too early to talk about thickening and I want to give this at least a month or two to see just how far the results will go before I modify or add anything else. Despite the fact that I've still had some mild morning itching on my scalp, I've just been combing my hair over the sink for a good 2-3 minutes and didn't see sh*t, so shedding seems to be way down at least.

So far to me this seems like probably the most favorable hair loss treatment as far as effects and side effects go. Why someone would choose Finasteride or even RU58841 with this available, is beyond me. However, a few things need to happen:

a) We need more user reports with various doses
b) We need to determine the purity and a couple more legitimate suppliers
c) We need to do a comparison of S-Equol and RS-Equol. S-Equol is unlikely to be more effective, especially given the lower dosing required due to the absurd price, however it may have fewer side effects than mixed. That leads me to my next point...
d) We need LIPOSOMES. I believe the few side effects which already aren't a deal breaker could be almost eliminated by usage of liposomes to help localize the effect to the scalp. I like what the Brotzu home-made crew is doing, hopefully they figure out a way to do this cheaply and easily.

That's all for now.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER:
I have hypothyroidism. My T & DHT are subnormal as a result (low). I don't use conventional treatments (thyroxine), but I use red light and essential oils to improve and attempt to heal my thyroid gland. Because of this, my hormones oscillate a lot, and when I'm on these treatments my DHT increases to close to normal levels. This usually murders my hair within days, i.e. a complete loss of volume and quality and massive shedding. I've had to stop those treatments due to losing massive amounts of hair that RU and Alpicort could not even hold back. In other words when I don't use these therapies I am essentially mildly castrated and have an 'advantage' over other male pattern baldness sufferers even though I feel like sh*t.

Therefore, my experience here may not be entirely applicable to 'healthy' people with normal amounts of hormones, the flipside is that I can very easily and quickly see when something is working positively for my hair or negatively, because I can see the change in volume and hair quality in just a few days

I've decided to go out on a limb here and REALLY put equol to the test here because I've started taking a tsp of nigella sativa oil and treating my thyroid gland with red light again. My T, DHT and libido have gone way up as a result and If my hair does not go to complete sh*t within a week, that already means that equol has done what Finasteride, RU, and Estradiol have not been able to, and that is withstand normal hormonal levels and protect my hair despite that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've actually been applying this in the morning and in the evening, so I'm dosing twice as high as I said I would, for no other reason just to see what I could get away with. So I've been doing 60 mg of equol topically per day. That is, in my view, quite a lot of equol. The vehicle is 96% ethanol and distilled water, in a 50:50 ratio. I'm not sure if this is an ideal vehicle, even though it dissolves perfectly, because it dries within 5 minutes, and I'm not convinced that the majority of the equol has time to enter the skin in such a short amount of time. Perhaps adding a small amount of PG to help it stay moist for longer would help, although it is a boon when applying it before work and you need it to dry quickly.

Initially I felt like what seemed like beginning gyno symptoms, i.e. mildly sensitive nipples, though now after 3 days I am pretty sure it was just a placebo as it is no longer taking my attention. Certainly a far more pleasant experience in that regard than taking Finasteride and watching your nipples balloon within days and itch all day long.

A mild pain in the *** is I'm also getting an effect similar to what many German users report from Finasteride, i.e. "sunken eyes", or having slightly more pronounced dark circles around the eyes. Not a deal breaker, but would obviously be better without it. I can't remember if I've had this on Finasteride but somehow it seems to be related to a reduction in DHT (this implies the equol goes somewhat systemic).

The next morning I experience a slight loss of androgenic drive mentally, this could be related to the 5-AR1 inhibition or just due to the binding of DHT within the brain, yet curiously libido and erection quality seem almost completely unaffected (in fact I've had diamond-splitting morning wood the past 2 nights) and there doesn't seem to be any brain fog unlike Finasteride and especially RU58841. It's a hard thing to explain but DHT in the brain is crucial for positivity and motivation, I seem to lose just a little bit of that effect on equol.

Today the third day in the afternoon for a few minutes I seemed to experience a few bouts of sudden vertigo and general anxiety, so I am going to be skipping today's evening dose. 60 mg a day definitely is on the high side in my opinion and after the skin is saturated it may be the rest just goes onto systemic circulation more readily and causes side effects. The optimal dose is yet to be determined.

Now the effects on hair. Even though I've been taking all this sh*t to boost my hormones, my hair hasn't gone to crap in the last 3 days which is a miracle in and of itself because nothing could hold back the shedding when I did this. Not RU, not even Alpicort F which I had success with before. It's too early to talk about thickening and I want to give this at least a month or two to see just how far the results will go before I modify or add anything else. Despite the fact that I've still had some mild morning itching on my scalp, I've just been combing my hair over the sink for a good 2-3 minutes and didn't see sh*t, so shedding seems to be way down at least.

So far to me this seems like probably the most favorable hair loss treatment as far as effects and side effects go. Why someone would choose Finasteride or even RU58841 with this available, is beyond me. However, a few things need to happen:

c) We need to do a comparison of S-Equol and RS-Equol. S-Equol is unlikely to be more effective, especially given the lower dosing required due to the absurd price, however it may have fewer side effects than mixed. That leads me to my next point...
d) We need LIPOSOMES. I believe the few side effects which already aren't a deal breaker could be almost eliminated by usage of liposomes to help localize the effect to the scalp. I like what the Brotzu home-made crew is doing, hopefully they figure out a way to do this cheaply and easily.

That's all for now.

Hey man that's awesome.

When Brotzu's finding was first announced, people dismissed it on the forum that "come on, we would know about equal by now". That was and remains BS, as we can't know sh*t without trying it out.

About the PG-water mix ... why not just use liquid minoxidil?

Reading your post, I worry that I may have slight brain fog on RU and not realize it.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
About the PG-water mix ... why not just use liquid minoxidil?

I wanted to use it 'clean' initially to make sure nothing was interfering with the effects.

Reading your post, I worry that I may have slight brain fog on RU and not realize it.

Oh, you'd realize it. I couldn't think for sh*t on RU. Just felt off all the time.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanted to use it 'clean' initially to make sure nothing was interfering with the effects.

Oh, you'd realize it. I couldn't think for sh*t on RU. Just felt off all the time.
Personally I would use a mix of dmso and alcohol. But that’s because systemic sides don’t meant sh*t to me.

I’m really glad you’re doing better. Honestly makes my heart happy to hear. I may have to jump on this bandwagon if all pans out well for others

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just realised that the equol from that supplier is tons cheaper than I thought it might be. Even using 10mg/ml would last a while.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER:

That's all for now.
Really awesome. Nothing works for me, so if in one month if you notice less shedding i will join you!!

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just realised that the equol from that supplier is tons cheaper than I thought it might be. Even using 10mg/ml would last a while.

At 60 mg / day which is probably overkill, that would last 500 days for a mere 150 USD. Dirt cheap.