Dr. Tweets Follica Pics After Visiting Follica Office

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Probably should be ready for release quickly after the clinical trial is over. The device/procedure is pretty vanilla. The big question is still unanswered - does it work? lol

The devices based on that angle look similar to the mockups.

Btw, if anyone reading is a dermatologist...Follica's website has a link for "partners".

They want to sell "partnerships" like McDonald's sells franchises.

It looks like they're trying to get money from everywhere they possibly can

This looks to me like a quick revenue generating operation.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, you were the one who found the tweet out.
Sure.
And what about hairlossc*re2020?
Hairblues, just shove a dildo, darling.

Why don't you shove a dildo, as by your own confession, taking dicks in the *** is your thing?

Anyway, I don't know wtf you're talking about since I just looked at that blog and there is no new posting since that article from days ago; maybe lay off the drugs. Even if they had posted it or whatever it's not like there is some competition to be first to find some piece of info that you get in seconds by searching the company's Twitter tag. Grow up.

That packaging looks very creative with the rain coming down in different colors.

It looks like Swoop was right - it looks like very slick marketing.

I'd expect no less.

They want to sell "partnerships" like McDonald's sells franchises.

It looks like they're trying to get money from everywhere they possibly can

This looks to me like a quick revenue generating operation.

I'm not sure if you're saying this is a bad thing or not

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
"Partners" means investors, probably.

"Partners" = people to get money from

This looks like a quick revenue machine.

If their treatment was really a breakthrough and they've already paid all of the clinical trial costs why would they give a rat's *** about getting investors? Companies need investors to help pay for clinical trials, not after the clinical trials are completed. After the clinical trials are completed all that's left is marketing the treatment and reaping the profits *if*, the treatment is a breakthrough.

That packaging sure looks slick. These guys paid some good money for that packaging idea.

Last edited:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have said at least since that big update to their site that they plan to partner with dermatologists.

Which only makes sense since you'll need people qualified to administer the treatment.

It's odd to criticize follica for that when Riken plans to partner with transplant surgeons...

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
They have said at least since that big update to their site that they plan to partner with dermatologists.

Which only makes sense since you'll need people qualified to administer the treatment.

It's odd to criticize follica for that when Riken plans to partner with transplant surgeons...

Good points.

I just want to make sure we cover all of the possible negative issues.

I still think that packaging is very slick but that doesn't prove anything.

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Partners" = people to get money from

This looks like a quick revenue machine.

If their treatment was really a breakthrough and they've already paid all of the clinical trial costs why would they give a rat's *** about getting investors? Companies need investors to help pay for clinical trials, not after the clinical trials are completed. After the clinical trials are completed all that's left is marketing the treatment and reaping the profits *if*, the treatment is a breakthrough.

That packaging sure looks slick. These guys paid some good money for that packaging idea.

Yeah you only need money for trials, marketing and production are free you dont need any money for that. It is a breakthrough, they created new follicles on human scalp. Tsuji did that in a lab and praised for it.

People need to Stop bashing on potential treatments or praise them based on speculations. Lets wait and see, we know their procedure we know they have some results. The fact they are showing it to dermatologists is a good sign. Forget about hairmax, it came out of no where with poor research behind it. This one has top minds from top med schools and is a decade old which isnt bad . it shows that they are working hard on it and they beleive in it and most important they think it was worth the time. People say a decade old with no results i see 10 years of R&D. Lets wait and see their results.

Spitshade

My Regimen
Reaction score
So they should have bad packaging? Sounds legit.

Thank you! I'm an artist and love well packaged things... I understand the art behind design. Just because the package looks awesome doesn't mean it's sh*t. look at Apple, I know there are haters out there, but they do make nice products. Granted this is the snake oil industry at the moment, but I think this could still be a decent product.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok wow...the Scientific Advisors seem to be pretty top notch. Maybe this is legit afterall. Why would these people put their reputation on the line if it sucks? I'm patiently waiting to see what this is all about now.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Ok wow...the Scientific Advisors seem to be pretty top notch. Maybe this is legit afterall. Why would these people put their reputation on the line if it sucks?

Famous respected people endorsing garbage products happens all the time.

8.jpg

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I recently read a story about a charity called the Miami Project that raises money for research into paralysis. Apparently the charity was started by a man named Mark Buoniconti and his father Nick Buoniconti. Apparently, Mark was paralyzed by a tackle during a college football game. Apparently, his father, Nick Buoniconti, was a great linebacker for the Miami Dolphins. Nick's popularity and fame, earned as a beloved NFL football player, helped land him the job as head of the US Tobacco Company. The company wanted a super popular individual to lead their company because the company was very unpopular owing to the fact that they were selling a product (tobacco) that causes deadly diseases. They wanted to improve their image so Nick was brought on board. Apparently Nick used to run around the country denying that tobacco causes cancer. People will promote bad products if they get money to do so.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok wow...the Scientific Advisors seem to be pretty top notch. Maybe this is legit afterall. Why would these people put their reputation on the line if it sucks? I'm patiently waiting to see what this is all about now.

There's no such thing as reputation in the hair loss industry anyway. 99% of products never make it to market, yet no reputations are damaged.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just speculation here, but looking at the packaging i see the "rain drops" are 4 different colors. I wonder if this will consist of a combo of 4 seperate topicals or 4 seperate steps.
Also the 'A' in rain looks more like a upward arrowhead.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey finally discovered why they named it RAIN it's not rain it's RVIN that means RUIN.
sh*t i am so scared now, didn't see it coming.
no.JPG

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah you only need money for trials, marketing and production are free you dont need any money for that. It is a breakthrough, they created new follicles on human scalp. Tsuji did that in a lab and praised for it.

People need to Stop bashing on potential treatments or praise them based on speculations. Lets wait and see, we know their procedure we know they have some results. The fact they are showing it to dermatologists is a good sign. Forget about hairmax, it came out of no where with poor research behind it. This one has top minds from top med schools and is a decade old which isnt bad . it shows that they are working hard on it and they beleive in it and most important they think it was worth the time. People say a decade old with no results i see 10 years of R&D. Lets wait and see their results.

The difference between Tsuji and this is that Tsuji has published results of his previous research, where as these people have published nothing and their investor package only mentions an Indian study that uses derma rolling and minoxidil. Hardly inspires confidence.

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score
The difference between Tsuji and this is that Tsuji has published results of his previous research, where as these people have published nothing and their investor package only mentions an Indian study that uses derma rolling and minoxidil. Hardly inspires confidence.

Cotsarelis published a lot about wounding and wound healing with hair follicle formation. There is a recent one also talked about in this forum. Where did their investor mention the indian study with derma rolling ?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cotsarelis published a lot about wounding and wound healing with hair follicle formation. There is a recent one also talked about in this forum. Where did their investor mention the indian study with derma rolling ?

Swoop posted a grab of it in one of the other threads, it's in their parent company progress report. I have not seen anything substantial from them, even the patent is so broad it could mean anything.

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop posted a grab of it in one of the other threads, it's in their parent company progress report. I have not seen anything substantial from them, even the patent is so broad it could mean anything.

puretech report says a thrid party academic. hairlosscure2020 article suspected it might be the indian study on dermarolling. I would interpret it as a study funded by pure tech. in the patent there is an experiment to see if minoxidil enhances the effects and it did . the only paper referenced in the patent with minoxidil didnt have anything about dermarolling. this product has the potential to create new hair follicles and some are terminal on human scalp. there could be other compounds in their topical.

can we set up an interview with those people. any one in boston or NY area would volunteer to interview the Dr or follica themselves.

Last edited:

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
The bottom part in OP's photo doesn't show up on Dr Bhanusali's IG...?