Dr. Tsuji Kyocera, Riken Research, Organ Technologies Form Regenerative Hair Research Team

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Someone who is good in english should try to contact them and ask specific questions.

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
That's also why I've been wondering: how do they make sure the injected cells nicely grow out as natural hair would? I mean, even hair transplant sometimes gets you twisted and unnatural hairs. How do they control the shape and growing direction of the newly formed follicle? How do they control an actual hairline on your scalp?

I imagine it has something to do with this:

"The transplanted primordium also forms connections with surrounding tissues (arrector pili muscle and nerves) and repeats normal hair cycles.

Source: http://global.kyocera.com/news/2016/0702_nfid.html

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope there won't be problems injecting cells into haired areas and the new hairs won't get tangled up with the existing hair and cause infections, inflammation etc.

Do you think they'll be able to inject and regrow hairs on areas which already have hairs, say in the case of diffuse thinners? Their illustration only shows a slick bald area having the treatment done.
Swoop, do you know the answer to this?

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But will they be able to inject 100+ worth of new follicles into a 1cm2 area which already contains 30-100 follicles, without complication?

It is worth remembering that hair density can vary significantly, ranging from 100 to 400 hairs per cm2.

I hope it will be possible because diffuse thinners need this treatment.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
From HLC:

Update from commentator “sets” who it seems e-mailed Kyocera:

“Hello. My name is Hina Morioka from the Corporate Communications Division at Kyocera Corporation. Thank you very much for your question about our research with RIKEN and Organ Technologies.

Regarding timeline, we aim to put the technologies into practical use and make medical treatment available in 2020 in Japan (medical treatment at one’s own expense).”

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From HLC:

“Hello. My name is Hina Morioka from the Corporate Communications Division at Kyocera Corporation. Thank you very much for your question about our research with RIKEN and Organ Technologies.

Regarding timeline, we aim to put the technologies into practical use and make medical treatment available in 2020 in Japan (medical treatment at one’s own expense).”

Dr. Takashi Tsuji has said on several occasions that he hopes to begin clinical human trials in or by 2020.

A commercial release in 2020 seems too early and is not in keeping with what we have heard from Riken this year.

I believe Kyocera aim to have their own technology ready in 2018 - in time to be incorporated into the Riken clinical trials.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
From HLC:

That is great news! 2020 we can all know what it feels like to run our hands through John stamos like hair!

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
I think this is about as promising as it gets but still lots of challenges and a long road ahead:

1) Will it work?
2) Will it be done in 2020? Likely to be delays.
3) Will there be funding problems in the future? - just look back at hair loss forums over a decade ago and see similar levels of excitement only for disappointment to be the final outcome.

Very promising news, but we simply have to proceed as normal until this becomes a reality and take into consideration that it's not a guarantee based on previous experience.

Polamaludreams

Reaction score
I understand that you guys are both excited and skeptical all at the same time, but Jesus to hear some of you grown *** men gripe and complain all the time makes me wonder if you are concerned about your hair or nagging is just a part of your everyday ritual. For one im excited and there is nothing more to do but wait and hope that this can transform into something awesome. Shoutout to dudes in Japan actually trying to push the bar lol.. Stop being the damn EEYORES of the forum

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just like i said before. We can talk no matter how much we want, but we will never know better informations if we don’t contact them personally and ask about everything that we want to know.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What I need to know is, will I be able to play the piano immediately after the procedure?

tdag

Reaction score
From HLC:

Hmm that makes me more skeptical to be honest. Sounds way too optimistic. Then again if it plays out like that...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I imagine it has something to do with this:

"The transplanted primordium also forms connections with surrounding tissues (arrector pili muscle and nerves) and repeats normal hair cycles.

Source: http://global.kyocera.com/news/2016/0702_nfid.html
From HLC:

Nice, straight from the source. I'm gonna open up a bottle of champagne.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don’t be optimistic too much. You will be far more dissapointed later...

This is too good to be true.

tdag

Reaction score
When it was discovered finasteride might help with hair loss how long did it take to bring it to the market?