Dr. Tsuji Kyocera, Riken Research, Organ Technologies Form Regenerative Hair Research Team

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop, do you know the answer to this?

They used a nylon thread in the study to deal with cyst formation and hair growth direction. That being said the study is older and god knows how much he innovated in the mean time. These are all specific questions to whom only Dr. Tsuji has answers I think. Back in 2012 he didn't even probably get the culture right (as evidenced by his latest struggles with the epithelial stem cells).

I'm very curious to the injection/transplant process too of the primordiums.

But yeah diffuse thinners should pluck the fruits of this treatment too.

I really assume this is going to be pretty costly. Certainly over 10K, most likely over 20K. Then you would need to stay in Japan for a few weeks or fly over there 2 times. Better get start saving :p.

Last edited:

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep thinking to how they could treat small and precise areas like the temple points and hairline. I hope this meets our expectations and our dreams.

@Swoop, do you think if this works it will look good even if you still have many miniaturized and thin hairs in among the cloned hair? I know I'm just being picky but I wonder how natural it would look.

Basically I hope we will also have a separate treatment (maybe Brotzu or Shiseido ) that can thicken existing hairs in preparation for an avalanche of new cloned hairs. :)

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice, straight from the source. I'm gonna open up a bottle of champagne.

tsuji get a sample of their blood . Skin and hair done . nape hair is not in use ?

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah even if they would start in 2020 it would go fast. Maybe 2-3 years later or something. I have never heard better news than this.

If I would be a hair transplant doctor or be a company in the current pipeline I would be sh*tting in my pants LOL.
Swoop has this been asked before? are they hoping to inject cells into the balding region or are they trying to multiply hairs for transplanting?

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 trials??? we are ALL BALD by then :(( goddamn scientists!!

From what I understand, Japan has enacted special legislation that could potentially allow a regenerative treatment to be already marketed while it undergoes efficacy trials.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if they will offer the option to have cells stored in case you needed future touch ups to fill areas where native hair continued to be lost.

Having one small scalp section removed is no problem; having three or four would start to create a lot of scarring.

OR perhaps they could inject in such a high density the first time round that it would take into consideration all future loss.

For instance if they injected 200 hairs per cm2, even if you were to then lose all the rest of your surrounding native hair, the cloned hair alone would give you sufficient density.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop has this been asked before? are they hoping to inject cells into the balding region or are they trying to multiply hairs for transplanting?

The hair follicle is an organ right. Your hair follicles were developed or developing a long time ago when you were a fetus just like other organs. This process consists of 2 cell types communicating with each other. These are mesenchymal type of cells and epithelial cells. It's like the birth of a hair follicle. A clump of 2 cells coming together to form a hair follicle. That is exactly what Dr. Tsuji is trying to replicate. He will extract these type of cells from your hair follicles and multiple them. Then he will add them together to mimic that process that happened when your hair follicles were developed. Only the begin period, because as soon as the beginning of the process is observed he will deliver them into the scalp. This is called a "primordium";

A primordium in embryology, is defined as an organ or tissue in its earliest recognizable stage of development.

Then in the scalp this would develop into a fully functional hair follicle. So the thing that would delivered is the very beginning of a hair follicle.

droplet.jpg

You see on that picture in that movie where your cells would get added together in a 3D environment and then they would develop into the beginning of a hair follicle and then delivered into your scalp.

Now what's so exciting about this too is that a healthy hair follicle at least like in your donor hair displays high plasticity and regeneration potential. After all it cycles constantly between anagen-telogen-catagen and this relies heavily on mesenchymal-epithelial interaction too. In that aspect it's unique as an organ.

Also, when you CUT a hair follicle in half below the bulge (epithelial cells) and above the DP (mesenchymal cells). The hair follicle has capacity to regenerate itself. This has already been proven. Often in hair transplant surgery for example hair follicles get transected but regenerate.

This is absolutely awesome f*cking great in my opinion.

Last edited:

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The hair follicle is an organ right. Your hair follicles were developed or developing a long time ago when you were a fetus just like other organs. This process consists of 2 cell types communicating with each other. These are mesenchymal type of cells and epithelial cells. It's like the birth of a hair follicle. A clump of 2 cells coming together to form a hair follicle. That is exactly what Dr. Tsuji is trying to replicate. He will extract these type of cells from your hair follicles and multiple them. Then he will add them together to mimic that process that happened when your hair follicles were developed. Only the begin period, because as soon as the beginning of the process is observed he will deliver them into the scalp. This is called a "primordium";

Then in the scalp this would develop into a fully functional hair follicle. So the thing that would delivered is the very beginning of a hair follicle.

droplet.jpg

You see on that picture in that movie where your cells would get added together in a 3D environment and then they would develop into the beginning of a hair follicle and then delivered into your scalp.

Now what's so exciting about this too is that a healthy hair follicle at least like in your donor hair displays high plasticity and regeneration potential. After all it cycles constantly between anagen-telogen-catagen and this relies heavily on mesenchymal-epithelial interaction too. In that aspect it's unique as an organ.

Also, when you CUT a hair follicle in half below the bulge (epithelial cells) and above the DP (mesenchymal cells). The hair follicle has capacity to regenerate itself. This has already been proven. Often in hair transplant surgery for example hair follicles get transected but regenerate.

This is absolutely awesome f*cking great in my opinion.
Because you are full with knowledge why you don’t contact them and ask specific questions about this procedure?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
They used a nylon thread in the study to deal with cyst formation and hair growth direction. That being said the study is older and god knows how much he innovated in the mean time. These are all specific questions to whom only Dr. Tsuji has answers I think. Back in 2012 he didn't even probably get the culture right (as evidenced by his latest struggles with the epithelial stem cells).

I'm very curious to the injection/transplant process too of the primordiums.

But yeah diffuse thinners should pluck the fruits of this treatment too.

I really assume this is going to be pretty costly. Certainly over 10K, most likely over 20K. Then you would need to stay in Japan for a few weeks or fly over there 2 times. Better get start saving :p.

How long can follicles in a punch stay viable? I wonder if shipping a punch to them before coming in for the treatment would be a possibility?

Crespo88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah even if they would start in 2020 it would go fast. Maybe 2-3 years later or something. I have never heard better news than this.

If I would be a hair transplant doctor or be a company in the current pipeline I would be sh*tting in my pants LOL.

Why so optimistic?

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today walking around I saw a lot of men with diffuse thinning hair all over including the back of their heads. I just cannot imagine how these guys could ever get thick hair again because all their hair is thin.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you clearly don't understand this treatment then. One of the benefits is that it only requires a small amount of donor tissue/hair.

But if the donor area is poor quality and your head is basically filled with thin hairs, how is adding more thin hairs going to improve matters much?

I'm talking about the quality of guys' hair that I see out in public. A lot of seniors have it but young guys as well. Even the back and sides of their heads are diffused, thin and wispy looking.

Last edited:

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why so optimistic?

Why wouldn't I be optimistic about this? This is something that makes sense from a scientific perspective. That could possibly give rise to a treatment that can basically deliver almost anyone a full head of hair, the hair follicles would behave the same as on the back of your head. No more drugs etc. Most of the current pipeline treatments are total sh*t to me. The overwhelming majority can't even keep up with minoxidil and finasteride. Some are downwards laughable.

This is something else for me. Making use of the cells of the hair follicle itself that have regenerative capacity to mimic the process of a developing hair follicle is beautiful simplistic, yet innovating for me. Science pur sang based on observations. Not saying this will work 100%, but this is real hope for me. Besides the team behind this is no joke. Highest elite tier you can wish for.

I didn't expect they would get the culturing process right, this was always a huge problem.

I made a quick simple illustration that is hopefully clear for everybody (click on it and it will get bigger);

tsujimethod.jpg

Last edited:

inmyhead

Reaction score
yes, this sounds like a completely cure, you just do the procedure and can forget about hairloss for the rest of your life and live like all the lucky guys do with hair into your old age.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why wouldn't I be optimistic about this? This is something that makes sense from a scientific perspective. That could possibly give rise to a treatment that can basically deliver almost anyone a full head of hair, the hair follicles would behave the same as on the back of your head. No more drugs etc. Most of the current pipeline treatments are total sh*t to me. The overwhelming majority can't even keep up with minoxidil and finasteride. Some are downwards laughable.

This is something else for me. Making use of the cells of the hair follicle itself that have regenerative capacity to mimic the process of a developing hair follicle is beautiful simplistic, yet innovating for me. Science pur sang based on observations. Not saying this will work 100%, but this is real hope for me. Besides the team behind this is no joke. Highest elite tier you can wish for.

I didn't expect they would get the culturing process right, this was always a huge problem.

I made a quick simple illustration that is hopefully clear for everybody (click on it and it will get bigger);

tsujimethod.jpg

Man I really hope Carlos Wesley can at least get his damn Pilofocus device to work and patented so he can sell or license its use to these guys in Japan.

It would allow them to remove all the healthy hair from the back of the head they want with the full bulbs intact and covered by the sheath that keeps the bulb protected; all without taking out chunks of your head along the way.

As a thinner I am guessing I would have two options with this. Ether jump on the Steroids and laser my scalp bald, all while shitting my pants hoping I'm not making the worst mistake of my life purposely trying to loose the (NW1 with some thinning) levels of hair I have, to opt for a new head of hair.

If they have done enough successful procedures on full slick cue balls then I'd feel pretty safe I guess. I'll probably have to meet someone who has been post treatment for two years successfully at least before deciding.

Or essentially having to go back for repeat treatments having to get a chunk of my skull ripped out each time.... That's not gunna look so good after a while.

I hope they can get a device like Dr Wesleys to help with the process.

Man I hope that histogen or brutzo figure it out quick here. Wonder if I should give the Seti route a try.......

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you Swoop for explaining it to the naysayers. Let me try a different approach:
The only people other than Tsuji that could give us a cure in the next 10-20 years are Dr. Christianos team, Dr Jahodas team and Dr. Lausters team. Dr Christiano went for AA treatments she is not interested in anything more, Dr. Jahodas students like Dr. Gardner were working on it and then they went on to different projects. Dr. Lausters team has no money and they have to go through bureaucratic hell like Dr. Atac said to hellouser.

So Tsuji is our only hope for the cure in next decade or two. If this by some small chance fails (although funding, safety profile and bureaucracy are always a potential treatment killer) there will be nothing else to cure us. Everyone will be stuck on minoxidil and finasteride. If minoxidil and finasteride were really working for you dear readers you wouldn't be on this forum now would you.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Swoop.

Thanks for the illustration.

Do you know whether the clones would inherit damage? With increased age, donor area hairs can become thinner. You see this in many older men and some young men. Diffuse thinners often have very weak donor areas.

Would these cloned hairs carry on from the stage of life of the original hair, damage and all, or would they start from "Day One", as if reborn?

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
You
Hi Swoop.

Thanks for the illustration.

Do you know whether the clones would inherit damage? With increased age, donor area hairs can become thinner. You see this in many older men and some young men. Diffuse thinners often have very weak donor areas.

Would these cloned hairs carry on from the stage of life of the original hair, damage and all, or would they start from "Day One", as if reborn?
theoretically speaking, if someone has zero donor hairs, then he should still be able to use beard hair as a viable donor source