Dr. Tsuji Kyocera, Riken Research, Organ Technologies Form Regenerative Hair Research Team

Bushi

Reaction score
Great news, the bad side is that it's still far away 2023 and that is only in Japan. Don't think I can afford a month in Japan for this.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
How is this supposed to be an hair transplant killer if it's basically an enhanced hair transplant? Unlimited donor supply at the hands of a terrible surgeon is useless

And why do people think it's too late for them?

I'm skeptical about this thing working, but Tsuji always seemed to be on the right path. Show me evidence this thing works and I'll jump to a conventional hair transplant in a heartbeat, then wait until I lose ground and this technique is available

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hate it if an admin from this site would attempt contact to clarify if this will go to trials in 2020, or possibly be released by 2020... I feel their notoriety may help them get answers to questions that would otherwise get glanced over if addressed from a random inquirier.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hate it if an admin from this site would attempt contact to clarify if this will go to trials in 2020, or possibly be released by 2020... I feel their notoriety may help them get answers to questions that would otherwise get glanced over if addressed from a random inquirier.

Yea I hear that the admins of hair loss forums have special powers and are granted the rights to information that is held from us mere mortals.

the smoking baby

Established Member
Reaction score
THIS IS NOT A HAIR TRANSPLANT. HAIR TRANSPLANTS INVOLVE THE IMPLANTATION OF FULLY GROWN FOLLICLES. TSUJI IS INJECTING CULTURED CELLS. GOOD LORD PEOPLE, TRY READING SOMETHING.
There's more than one cell involved in the hair follicle. Would he be injecting a cocktail of cells through a liposome re-creating the bulge itself?

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will this be unlimited hair multiplication or will there be a limit of a few thousand?

Note how in the illustration below it compares the hair follicle regeneration method to FUT of 1,000-3,000 units. The eventual outcome looks the same.

0702_nfid01.jpg

Yes it says it can increase the number of follicles, but by how much? A ten fold increase?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's more than one cell involved in the hair follicle. Would he be injecting a cocktail of cells through a liposome re-creating the bulge itself?
Injection of a dermal papilla and mesnchymal cell mixture that becomes a hair follicles primordium.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will this be unlimited hair multiplication or will there be a limit of a few thousand?

Note how in the illustration below it compares the hair follicle regeneration method to FUT of 1,000-3,000 units. The eventual outcome looks the same.

0702_nfid01.jpg

Yes it says it can increase the number of follicles, but by how much? A ten fold increase?
Take every DHT resistant hair on your head and multiply it by 1084. I believe that was the extent of what they could get for the amount of passes achieved in their culturing process.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea I hear that the admins of hair loss forums have special powers and are granted the rights to information that is held from us mere mortals.

Wit, pure wit! Touché man! I wouldn't think a scientist would rather relay something once through a site's admin than 20 times to 20 different posters on the site either!

Last edited:

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
THIS IS NOT A HAIR TRANSPLANT. HAIR TRANSPLANTS INVOLVE THE IMPLANTATION OF FULLY GROWN FOLLICLES. TSUJI IS INJECTING CULTURED CELLS. GOOD LORD PEOPLE, TRY READING SOMETHING.
That's also why I've been wondering: how do they make sure the injected cells nicely grow out as natural hair would? I mean, even hair transplant sometimes gets you twisted and unnatural hairs. How do they control the shape and growing direction of the newly formed follicle? How do they control an actual hairline on your scalp?

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take every DHT resistant hair on your head and multiply it by 1084. I believe that was the extent of what they could get for the amount of passes achieved in their culturing process.

Hey sorry I don't quite understand that. Can you explain what you mean exactly?

Where did you get the figure of 1084 from? How many hairs could they create just from the cells of that small scalp sample?

Last edited:

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's also why I've been wondering: how do they make sure the injected cells nicely grow out as natural hair would? I mean, even hair transplant sometimes gets you twisted and unnatural hairs. How do they control the shape and growing direction of the newly formed follicle? How do they control an actual hairline on your scalp?

I hope there won't be problems injecting cells into haired areas and the new hairs won't get tangled up with the existing hair and cause infections, inflammation etc.

Do you think they'll be able to inject and regrow hairs on areas which already have hairs, say in the case of diffuse thinners? Their illustration only shows a slick bald area having the treatment done.