Dr. Tsuji Kyocera, Riken Research, Organ Technologies Form Regenerative Hair Research Team

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only thing that makes me hopeful about Tissues SHT is that they seem to be quite conservatve with the number of hairs generated, 300 per follcle. Tsuji has the advantage of Japans regulatory framework.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
300 per follicle? where do you have that from?
tissuse is not even close to a cure. lauster and lindner just like to pretend they are but they are years behind tsuji. and if tsuji succeeds, tissuse will stop their research anyway because nobody wants to fund them anymore.

they havent't even answered the submitted questions yet. it's been weeks now.

my guess is they have nothing but are trying to gather more funds like always. just tinkering in their lab without real results. someone has to pay the staff and all the new students. after all it's a university which primary intent is to teach students and do some lab work, which in most cases leads to nothing.

they thought they could create that tissuse startup as a spinoff from the university, but they just have no results so far. their first microfollicle grown in a lab dates back to 2011. since then almost no progress has been made. they still have no clue on how to culture the cells in billions without losing their genetic characteristics.
it's a dead end for tissuse.
Disagree, they don't have time for us. Who we are anyways!? Do we do any good to them ? The answer is no so why they care ?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think they said it will be expensive, but we already know that. Start saving now or prepare to take out a second mortgage.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thing that makes me hopeful about Tissues SHT is that they seem to be quite conservatve with the number of hairs generated, 300 per follcle. Tsuji has the advantage of Japans regulatory framework.
This is why I'm more excited about Tsuji. They will have an easier time getting it to market. Besides, I'd rather visit Japan than Germany

H

Reaction score
Okay so I don't want to sound negative but there is one little tidbit about traveling to other countries for this I am a little weary about. I have read that the hair transplantation process can only be done sessions of about 30 to 40 follicles per square cm because of blood supply to the scalp, meaning if you want full density 2 2 1/2 actual appointments will need to be made at separate times. If you are diffuse and the rest of your hair isn't going anywhere you may be in luck however, if you want to fill in everything including temples reverse Norwoods basically a complete reversal of hair loss even with unlimited donor follicles you still have to wait let scalp heal then continue another for another session to get 30 to 40 more follicle per square cm to complete full thickness. This to me would be hard because you'd have to either travel back or I guess chill there? Money money money.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so I don't want to sound negative but there is one little tidbit about traveling to other countries for this I am a little weary about. I have read that the hair transplantation process can only be done sessions of about 30 to 40 follicles per square cm because of blood supply to the scalp, meaning if you want full density 2 2 1/2 actual appointments will need to be made at separate times. If you are diffuse and the rest of your hair isn't going anywhere you may be in luck however, if you want to fill in everything including temples reverse Norwoods basically a complete reversal of hair loss even with unlimited donor follicles you still have to wait let scalp heal then continue another for another session to get 30 to 40 more follicle per square cm to complete full thickness. This to me would be hard because you'd have to either travel back or I guess chill there? Money money money.
You're right. So it's really up to how much are you willing to give for your hair?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I'd happily pay $50,000 tomorrow to get back to NW1. Early adopters always pay more, think of how much early large UHD LCD screens where.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too! But I wonder why some of the users expected something about 80-100 k?

Is there any source for these predictions?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Me too! But I wonder why some of the users expected something about 80-100 k?

Is there any source for these predictions?

No there is n't, it's just speculation. The price could be anything, but it's not going to be cheap to start with. In fact it may get more expensive at the begining as word of mouth spreads and demand outstrips suppy. Anyhow, lets see if they succeed first.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Tissuse myself. They have the science behind them as well. However given the fact that they would have to go through 3 phases with EMA even if they get the funding to start next year we would have to wait at least 7 years for them to finish. Thats the expected arrival date in 2025!!!

EDIT: This is why I am most syched with Tsuji/Riken/Kyocera. They have the science, they have the funding the question is when will they come to market. I 'm sure the epithelial cell problem will be resolved.
So the cure will be here when Tsujis method arrives...

Last edited:

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Saving money for Tsuji? You guys do understand that 'expensive' here is not your conventional idea of expensive, right? It's not like it'll be just twice the price of a hair transplant.

When they tell you it's going to be expensive in the context of an industry where you would normally dish out around 20.000 $ for a standard and mighty flawed procedure (such as hair transplants), 'expensive' takes on a whole new meaning.

We're talking well beyond 50 k in the beginning. They won't be offering this to the average Joe but to the ridiculously rich - simply because they can. How many of us can compete with their offer, really?

That puts it outside the realm of possibility for another five years - and that's on top of the five we'll be waiting for it to get released in the first place.

I keep telling you if we're counting on this to save us then five years from now we can only chalk our misery up to our current complacency.

Seriously, how do we justify expecting a full cure in the near future when we couldn't even secure a maintenance treatment in the present?

Last edited:

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saving money for Tsuji? You guys do understand that 'expensive' here is not your conventional idea of expensive, right? It's not like it'll be just twice the price of a hair transplant.

When they tell you it's going to be expensive in the context of an industry where you would normally dish out around 20.000 $ for a standard and mighty flawed procedure (such as hair transplants), 'expensive' takes on a whole new meaning.

We're talking well beyond 50 k in the beginning. They won't be offering this to the average Joe but to the ridiculously rich - simply because they can. How many of us can compete with their offer, really?

That puts it outside the realm of possibility for another five years - and that's on top of the five we'll be waiting for it to get released in the first place.

I keep telling you if we're counting on this to save us then five years from now we can only chalk our misery up to our current complacency.

Seriously, how do we justify expecting a full cure in the near future when we couldn't even secure a maintenance treatment in the present?

No offence but what should we do. You come off very negative in your posts but your name is follisket I suppose. I agree that this sh*t could've been cured a few years ago if they really tried and that it does impact people negatively, very negatively if you're young like me and most others on this site . I'm hopeful for shesido and eventually this. The only other solution is that we just quietly fist ourselves in the corner of the room.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score

50k? scary but still affordable for a real peace of mind. where did you get these prices?

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
50k? scary but still affordable for a real peace of mind. where did you get these prices?

tbh a well off dr could probably afford that or some banker. So while it's not a easily affordable for the average person, the price will probably be that high for the first year and then be more affordable in the following years.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No offence but what should we do. You come off very negative in your posts but your name is follisket I suppose. I agree that this sh*t could've been cured a few years ago if they really tried and that it does impact people negatively, very negatively if you're young like me and most others on this site . I'm hopeful for shesido and eventually this. The only other solution is that we just quietly fist ourselves in the corner of the room.

He IS extremely negative just for the sake of it.

There is a maintenance treatment and has been for 20 years: They call it "finasteride".

If you're not able or willing to take that, it seems Shiseido has a better alternative out sometime in the next couple years.

If that's not an option for you, get a high-quality hairpiece and augment it with a transplant if you can swing it.

If you're not willing to do that, then stop crying and just be bald.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score

Then why do you come to here? For spreading desparate emotion? You hair transplant shill please go back to BXX forum.

Coiffio

Reaction score
I hear it'll actually be so expensive that no one will be able to afford it. All companies involved will see this as a commercial failure and we'll never get a cure for hair loss again.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
He IS extremely negative just for the sake of it.

There is a maintenance treatment and has been for 20 years: They call it "finasteride".

There are problems with finasteride. It doesn't work on everyone, there is a risk of sexual side effects, and you have to take a pill regularly. And there may be other problems with it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

50k is a lot to spend on something cosmetic, but if it means never worrying about my hair again, I can bite the bullet and do it. If I was a NW7 it would be a no brainer. I will have to wait and see where I'm at when it's available. If I can get the results I want with replicel and a $10,000 hair transplant, then I probably couldn't justify spending the extra 40k for this procedure. It may not cost that much, but I do expect that it will if there isn't some better competition by 2020.