Dr. Tsuji Kyocera, Riken Research, Organ Technologies Form Regenerative Hair Research Team

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saving money for Tsuji? You guys do understand that 'expensive' here is not your conventional idea of expensive, right? It's not like it'll be just twice the price of a hair transplant.

When they tell you it's going to be expensive in the context of an industry where you would normally dish out around 20.000 $ for a standard and mighty flawed procedure (such as hair transplants), 'expensive' takes on a whole new meaning.

We're talking well beyond 50 k in the beginning. They won't be offering this to the average Joe but to the ridiculously rich - simply because they can. How many of us can compete with their offer, really?

That puts it outside the realm of possibility for another five years - and that's on top of the five we'll be waiting for it to get released in the first place.

I keep telling you if we're counting on this to save us then five years from now we can only chalk our misery up to our current complacency.

Seriously, how do we justify expecting a full cure in the near future when we couldn't even secure a maintenance treatment in the present?
Blah blah blah....

Speculate speculate speculate.

Lucky you have no idea.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are you getting $50K from? Is that how much it ends up costing so that they can even make a profit or just how much they'll charge "just 'cause they can"? Because if it's the latter I don't think that $50K is very likely. First I'd imagine they'd license the technology to cosmetic/hair surgeons who will naturally compete against each other and drive the price down. However, even if Tsuji is only offered by one company, the amount of patients they would miss out on by setting the price at $50K instead of $20K "just 'cause they can" would actually be an incentive to keep the price at $20K. Lower price but they'd sell way more and I think that would make up for it especially if the cost to perform the surgery on their end isn't high. Although every man wants a full head of hair, I'm pretty sure your average Joe is more willing to shell out the money for this procedure and set aside the time to have it done.
He got $50K from the same place people speculate $10K or $100k or $39K or blah blah blah...

Nobody knows yet. We should be lobbying them down now.

Not crying over price points from narnia.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are problems with finasteride. It doesn't work on everyone, there is a risk of sexual side effects, and you have to take a pill regularly. And there may be other problems with it.

and Tylenol doesn't help me when I get a headache and has actually been used as a murder weapon, but it does work for a lot of people and is therefore a sound recommendation.

A great deal of people on here have never even bothered to try finasteride because of unverified claims they read on the internet, they won't try minoxidil for much the same reason, they won't get a transplant and they sure as hell won't wear a hairpiece.

It's like, well sh*t...

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and Tylenol doesn't help me when I get a headache and has actually been used as a murder weapon, but it does work for a lot of people and is therefore a sound recommendation.

A great deal of people on here have never even bothered to try finasteride because of unverified claims they read on the internet, they won't try minoxidil for much the same reason, they won't get a transplant and they sure as hell won't wear a hairpiece.

It's like, well sh*t...

hey thatguy, I'm sure people have probably asked you this before but have you experienced sides? I'm planning on getting on it very soon but it's not something I want to take long term, just for like 2-3 years until shesido comes out. It's kind of an odd situation for many of us at this point because we want to maintain so that we can gain the full benefit if the treatment.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's like, well sh*t...
I've had two hair transplants and got prophecies side effects.

First my semen became watery. And then no more morning erections. And then depression about that. And then a loss of interest in sex.

The only way to counter that was to sleep with prostitutes because the naughty factor arroused me so much.

Seriously messed up stuff.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
However, even if Tsuji is only offered by one company, the amount of patients they would miss out on by setting the price at $50K instead of $20K "just 'cause they can" would actually be an incentive to keep the price at $20K.

But it's not like they'll be missing out on anything by choice. They simply won't be able to meet the demand. Didn't they say it themselves in the interview there was going to be a limited production capacity - at least initially?

And when there's only so many people you can treat in a year, who are you going to treat? Whoever offers more money. Many of us are willing to spend every last cent of our life savings for a full head of hair - why wouldn't the richest people?

H

Reaction score
@Follisket I feel kind of bad for you I think you get alot of opposers here I've noticed. Mostly everyone here and at other hair loss blogs all talk hopeful of cures and treatments for hairloss coming in the near future and everyone being able to get their hair back but it seems you do not see it this way. I see alot of guys like yourself get shunned for there pessimistic/realistic ideas (you could be wrong or right you nor I have not the slightest clue how the future of this industry will play out) and I think starting a blog called yournotgettingthathairbackanytimesoon.com would be a place where like minded individuals can converse and debate on what soon really means. I am hopeful that maybe things will turn out okay by 2020 not because I'm right because I choose to so I'm going to chill here but I hope you help yourself out and find new horizons on the other blog.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey thatguy, I'm sure people have probably asked you this before but have you experienced sides? I'm planning on getting on it very soon but it's not something I want to take long term, just for like 2-3 years until shesido comes out. It's kind of an odd situation for many of us at this point because we want to maintain so that we can gain the full benefit if the treatment.

I have not experienced side effects

Rofler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What does this mean for us?

Guys from hairlosscure2020 said that in previous study Tsuji used mix of embryonic and adult cells to grow new hair. In new study he uses only adult cells and grow hair. I guess that means now they finally can grow hair in humans (after solving inductivity problem) cause in humans they can't use embryonic cells.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't have time to read it but if they have solved the inductivity issues then their timeline for 2020 seems very plausible now.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The big holdup for tsuji is to culture mesenchymal stem cells.
-edit-

The paper is not at all about cell culturing but about the process of growing hair out of epithelial and mesenchymal cells.

So nothing really new except that it looks like they really know what they are doing in therms of growing the hair once they have the cells.

Still good news. More papers on the topic are always good.

Last edited:

Rofler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The big holdup for tsuji is to culture mesenchymal stem cells.
-edit-

The paper is not at all about cell culturing but about the process of growing hair out of epithelial and mesenchymal cells.

So nothing really new except that it looks like they really know what they are doing in therms of growing the hair once they have the cells.

Still good news. More papers on the topic are always good.

Did you read previous paper from Tsuji? Is the difference about growing hair from embryonic cells in one paper and from adult cells in newer one?

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been reading some posts in this website for some time now and I was hoping not to create a account for myself, but I need someone's help. Does anybody here speak japanese?

It is quite easy to find material about Tsuji's research, but it is all in japanese. I found this interview where Tsuji talks about his researches, price, treatments availability, among other stuff.

Thanks for your help.

gendai.ismedia.jp/articles/-/51351 <---- It seems I can't use hyperlink yet.

supersaiyannorwood6+

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been reading some posts in this website for some time now and I was hoping not to create a account for myself, but I need someone's help. Does anybody here speak japanese?

It is quite easy to find material about Tsuji's research, but it is all in japanese. I found this interview where Tsuji talks about his researches, price, treatments availability, among other stuff.

Thanks for your help.

gendai.ismedia.jp/articles/-/51351 <---- It seems I can't use hyperlink yet.

the article states "Male pattern alopecia is also the same as teeth and hair that has been lost will not grow like a former one, but it was also possible. Hair regeneration therapy aims for commercialization in 2020 "