Dr Erdogan online consultation

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It get's my ire up a little whenever I hear about another highly successful and skilled surgeon selling out.
I would like to believe that not every hair transplant Doctor becomes singularly jaded with his/her venerable career choice, but sooner or later it seems even the most ethical docs capitulate to the powerfully magnetic force of money, money, money.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It get's my ire up a little whenever I hear about another highly successful and skilled surgeon selling out.
I would like to believe that not every hair transplant Doctor becomes singularly jaded with his/her venerable career choice, but sooner or later it seems even the most ethical docs capitulate to the powerfully magnetic force of money, money, money.
That is what happened with Dr Rahal's mentor, Dr Armani who was my first choice many years ago until he joined the "dark side". These doctors' philosophy is the more grafts you implant the better the density looks. And it does really look good. And the sad thing is you don't see a rep from Dr Erdogan denying the claims. Not only that but he does not have a rep on the forums you can ask questions to like the other reps.

- - - Updated - - -

Good advice I.D, Yeah, I'll tell him 1200 is my limit and that I will return for further surgeries as it progresses. No point reinforcing my hairline, it's decently thick and I don't want grafts competing for blood supply with native follicles/shock loss.

@ House, so if somebody quits minoxidil for three months, then resumes, while staying on finasteride, is it likely for their hair to return to full thickness (as it was on minoxidil?)

Also, is 2 months prior really necessary? minoxidil doesn't stay in your system very long, 2 months in advance seems a bit excessive... I thought maybe I'd quit a week before, then resume a week or two after surgery...
I don't see a real problem with quitting minoxidil temporary. Minoxidil is just stimulating growth. It will restimulate growth again on hairs that can still be saved. Most hair cycles are around 6 months so I think you would be fine.

jd_uk

Reaction score
That quotation must be a joke...you hardly seem to have any hairloss..just a naturally high hairline. Will be avoiding erdogan now.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Does Erdogan do a Skype consultation? I know he likes to see photos when your hair is wet as it shows the real problem and your real pattern. What type of photos did you send him for the online consultation? I still want to go with Erdogan as he explained on another forum that when your hair is wet it shows your pattern more and that is what he goes by and why his grafts are higher. Do you have any photos of wet hair you can show us Golden Mane? My hair is looking still diffuse and I am ready to shave it for the first time but not unless I am sitting in Erdogan's chair getting my transplant. I am ready for the "last resort".

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely have significant frontal hair loss right in the middle of my forelock, as well as diffuse thinning in an NW5 pattern which has recovered in coverage though not in density. I'll post wet pictures tomorrow, still, that graft count was way too high for the results I'm looking for. I've contacted Dr Reyes yesterday and am awaiting a response, I fully expect his suggestion to be less than half the grafts Dr Reyes proposed. I sent him photos of my hair dry, tied back tightly exposing my hairline, from above, the front and sides. I wasn't asked to submit wet hair photos.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just got a quotation from Dr Reyes, in order to reinforce my hair line and round out my temples, his quote was... 800 grafts (€3500)! That's 1800 less than quoted by Dr Erdogan. I feel much better about this quote and fully intend to have the procedure done with him next August. Even if it goes up to 1000, that's really not too bad.

As for my Norwood scale stage, I was told NW2/3 so I guess that's the old Norwood 2.5.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
That's terrific news from Reyes!

Diligence paid off.

August will be here in no time. :)

- - - Updated - - -

If you would clarify GM, the procedure will restore you to a Norwood 2/3 or that is your current state?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am reading on other forums some unfavorable things about Dr Erdogan. Sounds like his ethics are getting on the greedy side. I guess I am going to stick with Rahal for my first choice again as I don't like what I am reading.

********* too apparently lately.. Sad story. Quantity over quality I guess. Erdogan does always work by high graft counts. Obviously to earn more money.

Don't be so sure about Rahal too. He has actually enough unhappy patients too. He also made a huge noobish mistake in the past. Never heard of the story? http://sandrag99.blogspot.nl/2012/11/hair-transplant-necrosis.html

A kid should basically know post-op that things were looking wrong.. However Rahal responded to the patient concerns like this;

Having said this, Dr. Rahal (and » his chief technician, mike) told me that the scab should not be a problem » and the grafts were in situ and growth would not be effected but clearly

Just insane. The guy ended up scarred for life literally. In my opinion that is even medical negligence.

Nonetheless the hair transplant industry is full of "dirty things". Don't ever be the vulnerable guy who walks into a chair. I know almost everybody does though. Researching is extremely important too.

All in all a hair transplant is still a game of odds. Whatever surgeon you go you risk the getting a bad result. You can only maximize your chances by going with a surgeon that is good. FUT also has a edge over FUE. Not much, but it has.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's terrific news from Reyes!

Diligence paid off.

August will be here in no time. :)

- - - Updated - - -

If you would clarify GM, the procedure will restore you to a Norwood 2/3 or that is your current state?

Cheers ID! I can wait, it'll give me more time to see how my 15% minoxidil experiment goes

I'm currently NW2/3 (or NW2.5 as it tends to be called around here). I don't really want to lower my hairline, it doesn't bother me how high it is, and I think I should take a fairly conservative approach. I basically just want to reinforce my hairline so it doesn't look so thin at the front couple of cm where I part it and I also want to round out my hairline edges into my temples to give a nicer shape. Not sure if that would bring me back to a straight NW2 or just a more aesthetically appealing NW2.5, but I have a very specific idea of what I want, it's conservative and subtle, but it will make a difference. I'll basically have a hairline similar to Mike Patton or Johnny Depp.

800 grafts sounds about right to me, though I could see it going up to 1200 max. 2600 grafts was a joke though. Dense packing is great if you're destined for NW3 - 4 max with thick hair, but for someone destine for NW6 with fine hair, it's trouble waiting to happen.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just booked my surgery with Dr Reyes, I asked him to bump up the graft count from 800-1000, so next summer I will hopefully have my hairline back! Can't wait, wish I could get it done tomorrow! Price is €3500, includes overnight stay at the clinic and transport to and from the airport.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice, good luck and keep us posted.

How quick would you say the process is from emailing interest etc to Dr Reyes and booking the surgery? I am very tempted to complete something similar myself. Also, are you doing FUE or FUT?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just booked my surgery with Dr Reyes, I asked him to bump up the graft count from 800-1000, so next summer I will hopefully have my hairline back! Can't wait, wish I could get it done tomorrow! Price is €3500, includes overnight stay at the clinic and transport to and from the airport.

Nice. That must be exciting for you :). Good luck and keep us updated!

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
My mistake, I meant Dr de Reys. I actually chose him because of your results, I wanted to find a surgeon who could get good results while using a minimal number of grafts. Dense packing seems like kind of a cop out. Of course you can get amazing results by replanting large numbers of follicles in a small area, but a surgeon who can get good results without doing this, conserving grafts for future necessity is in my view, a much better surgeon. The low cost didn't hurt either.

I got a response within 3 days, it took longer to finalise because I had some questions and wanted to up the graft count from 800 to 1000. Communication has been very good.

When I responded to Dr Erdogan saying that 2600 was too much for me and I would rather have a smaller hair transplant of about 1000-1200 grafts they didn't respond so I take it they're really not interested in doing smaller hair transplants.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
My mistake, I meant Dr de Reys. I actually chose him because of your results, I wanted to find a surgeon who could get good results while using a minimal number of grafts.
No worries, actually there are several hair transplant surgeons by the surname of Reyes. Anyway I assumed De Reys was who you meant.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well choose wisely. Best of luck to the both of us, hopefully we can style our hair as we wish in our 30s and beyond. I fully expect to have more hair transplants in the future myself though.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It may well be, a quick search for Dr reys has your hair transplant come up quite a lot, it was an incredible transformation so maybe you should be getting a comision!

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, thank you for that information. I wonder if it's thanks to me that De Reys has so much success now.

It must have surely contributed. I'm surprised you didn't get offered a job as a "patient advisor" actually. I have gotten 2 job opportunities from the hair transplant industry myself when I was mostly active on HTN, pretty funny.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah :) I probably think I will need some crown work one day but at the moment it's basically full. It was a small hole forming before I got on finasteride, not such a wide radius in this region. Had it scoped. I don't mind repeated transplants. I am very calm and informed about the whole thing.

Fully agree on being able to style our hair how we want to.

Hi Wolf Pack , Whats up my friend? I missed you man.
You know I always tried to avoid hair transplant , there were some celebrities which I have always jealous about their hairs , Last night I have noticed many of them had hair transplant , It really
changed my mind , I think I didn't do anything wrong to use these medications to hold the ground and also get some regrowth , But I think I have to do hair transplant to stop thinking
about my hair every moment. What doctors are best in your opinion ? ( Sorry I have no info about hair transplant )

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're too kind as always, Parsia. You can always pm me. I try to log on to do any admin related stuff. I know what you mean about having the best hair you possibly can. I think it's worth it. You in particular would benefit from a transplant for your frontal 1/3. Medications have helped you tremendously so keep doing that too. The medication will maintain the posterior 1/3 and mid scalp region for you.

North America has good surgeons but the cost is on the higher side. Generally look at Turkey, Spain and Belgium imo - good cost and results. There is a "coalition of approved surgeons" on the web if you do some research. It's important to look at before and after pictures of other patients so you can gauge if you would be happy with that.

In Turkey Dr ********* or Erdogan come to mind. In Belgium Dr De Reys, ******** e.t.c.

Message Swoop for precise information - he knows a lot and has had a transplant himself for the frontal 1/3.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
You're too kind as always, Parsia. You can always pm me. I try to log on to do any admin related stuff. I know what you mean about having the best hair you possibly can. I think it's worth it. You in particular would benefit from a transplant for your frontal 1/3. Medications have helped you tremendously so keep doing that too. The medication will maintain the posterior 1/3 and mid scalp region for you.

North America has good surgeons but the cost is on the higher side. Generally look at Turkey, Spain and Belgium imo - good cost and results. There is a "coalition of approved surgeons" on the web if you do some research. It's important to look at before and after pictures of other patients so you can gauge if you would be happy with that.

In Turkey Dr ********* or Erdogan come to mind. In Belgium Dr De Reys, ******** e.t.c.

Message Swoop for precise information - he knows a lot and has had a transplant himself for the frontal 1/3.

Thanks a lot man , I was thinking you may don't post that much , Sure I will pm you next time, friend:)

And good news is I still getting regrowth On minoxidil 15 % lotion , I always had that on my list from 2 years ago but honestly your critical

explanation makes me convince to try it , I am very happy with result so far....

Good luck man