Dr Erdogan online consultation

WhitePolarBear

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean he's not a candidate? Thick hair, an intact hairline? I would say he's a great candidate? Well actually I'd say he doesn't need a hair transplant with that hairline. The density is a little low, but not visibly balding thin. The only issue I would say is that there's nowhere for the grafts to go, and putting them between existing hairs may compromise the blood supply...

Oh you mean he's not a candidate because he doesn't need a hair transplant?

- - - Updated - - -

Hair actually looks thicker short, when long the front looks noticably thin, but when short you can't tell. Some thinning at the vertex though, no sure ig a hair transplant would be advisable there at this stage. I would almost certainly say that further down the road, if this progresses, a hair transplant could be quite successful.

He's not on finasteride. Plus paying such a big amount of money for virtually no difference.

No one will be able to tell there is any improvement, maybe not even himself if he experiences shockloss.

When I said it was wrong to reject patients, I was talking about people who were already NW5 and not on finasteride.

It's already a problem for me to plan this second hair transplant because I kept going bald in the NW6 area.

So I can't imagine what kind of messy journey he's embarking on. He would need other hair transplants as he continues to thin.

The question is: "When is the right time?" Should I wait until it's thinner? Or do I do it now?

But then, if it wasn't thin enough, I'll need another hair transplant for the hairs that will have thinned in the meantime.

You see where I'm going with this. This is not a safe and realistic long-term plan.

It would cost a load of money, without mentioning the constant worrying about every possible outcome.

Last edited:

WhitePolarBear

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
GoldenMane, it looks better shorter because the hairs were overlapping each other in the center part, like a small combover so it looked thicker. But when they are longer they can go anywhere and you can part it in the center like that and it looks thin, so thin in fact that I don't part it there anymore. When it's oily under the strong light it looks apparently thinner, an average person could notice I'm thinning. Here's oily with the parting in the center with a medium strong light and with a flash from the camera. http://imgur.com/a/jDzFD

I will just say this: you will ruin your life if you desperately try to get that hair transplant done. Forget about it.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's what I heard from Dr Reys assistant:

1. Shock Loss

Shock loss is something that can occur when grafts are placed too close to existing hairs. The reason that shock loss occurs is that when grafts are placed, new blood vessels form below the surface of the skin to supply them with nutrients.

If the grafts are placed too close to existing hairs then the new blood supply can affect the blood supply of the existing hairs. When this happens, the existing hairs fall out.

Shock loss is, however, always temporary and both the new grafts and the existing hairs always return. Avoiding shock loss is down to the skill of the surgeon in placing incisions in the scalp.

With Dr De Reys you have a guarantee that the surgeon and no one other than the surgeon will make every single incision.

Surgeon skill is how our clinic avoids shock loss. Dr De Reys has never had a case of shock loss.

2. Your hair loss is minimal and very far from Norwood 6.

It appears to be following the standard path of Male Pattern Baldness which is extremely common and quite natural.

A hair transplant is the ideal solution for your situation since medication cannot restore lost hairs.

3. We ask patients to stop taking Minoxidil one week prior to the operation.

I’m wondering if you think these are good answers to your questions.

Kind regards,

Nick

What do you guys make of this? "Dr Reys has never had a case of shock loss". Is this b/s? Is he telling the truth? Should I trust him?

- - - Updated - - -

@ Vincent,

I agree that if you're going to have to shave anyway, then it really doesn't make much of a difference if your hair is losing ground and your transplant is no longer doing what it should. And if your donor zone is also thinning, then you may as well transplant it to the front while you still have it, at least when it does go, you won't be stuck with silly tufts at the temples since it should go at a similar pace to the native hair. One thing that would concern me would be the rate of loss. That's a huge unknown. If it happens slowly over the next 10 years then a hair transplant would probably work quite well. If it happens quickly over one year, then by the time the grafts have grown out, the rest of your hair may have thinned and you'll be chasing your tail. It's a tough one. All hair transplants are a gamble, but if you're not on finasteride then it's a bigger gamble... Have you tried topical finasteride? RU? Some minoxidil solutions have finasteride in them (minoxidilmax).

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with Fred, a hair transplant doesn't make any sense whatsoever for someone with such a minor degree of hair loss. The potential gains are completely negligible (perhaps totally unnoticeable even by the patient) and the potential risks are high.

Soooo many newbs have totally unrealistic ideas of what hair transplants can accomplish, who are they suitable for, etc.

What do you guys make of this? "Dr Reys has never had a case of shock loss". Is this b/s? Is he telling the truth? Should I trust him?

You should ask for a money-back guarantee in writing. Any big promises or claims that the clinic makes, if they are really important to you - ask them to give you a written 100% money-back guarantee. You'll hear a lot of excuses and hemming & hawing in response. Maybe the doctor will tell you that he'll give you free grafts to replace the hair lost because of surgery... so what? There's not enough donor hair to cover your head. Using up your donor supply is hardly fair compensation for accelerating your hair loss. You need to retain as much original hair as possible for the best results.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
GoldenMane, it looks better shorter because the hairs were overlapping each other in the center part, like a small combover so it looked thicker. But when they are longer they can go anywhere and you can part it in the center like that and it looks thin, so thin in fact that I don't part it there anymore. When it's oily under the strong light it looks apparently thinner, an average person could notice I'm thinning.

Like I said, I can still comb it in a way that it's not visible, I'm more concerned that my corners receeded a little to my already very large forehead. My forehead is almost 1/2 of my face, not the 1/3 that is a beauty standard.

Obviously I was thinking hair transplants were more advanced and they could fill in any thin area as I would like to have long hair with normal parting at the center. I'm quite disappointed how limited hair transplants still are. I understand that Fred the Belgium comparing his hair loss to mine might find me ridiculous but if I'm comparing my hair that I had before to this it looks really, really bad.
Vincent, I have seen Erdogan do cases like yours before and they come out awesome but I think they are on Propecia. According to Joe Tillman most diffuse cases can be done as long as you are completely shaved and the doctor is skilled like Erdogan and Rahal who know how to transplant in between exist hairs without transection. I have the exact thinning pattern as you Vincent but you seem to have slightly more loss than me but your hair seems thicker because its wavy. So I wonder if he would reject me too but I am much older than you and have been on Propecia for 10 years.

TowerT

Reaction score
Also strongly considering Dr. De Reyes now for a hairline restoration but would also like to see more of his work ? Does anyone have pictures of his work/experiences with him ?

shookwun

Reaction score
Almost all doctors will require you to shave to ensure proper graft placement, and accuracy.

Vincent, kiss your long hair good bye, if a transplant is the route you want to go. Erdogan, and Feirdnuni followed by De reys require a shave.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr De Reys said shaving is unnecessary for cases with less than 1500 grafts. They just shave a small patch on the back of your head that you can cover with longer hair. Afaik, Vincent already cut his hair short, he doesn't have long hair anymore. There don't seem to me many examples of dense packing by Dr Reys online, most of the pictures seem to be of higher Norwood patients given lowish density hair transplants. He seems to do amazing work with high Norwood patients but I would like to see some of his work on lower Norwood patients, particularly hairlines. There really aren't many pics online, the same 4 or 5 patients come up again and again, but he is former prohairclinic, recommended at HRN and purportedly gets extremely high graft survival rates.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to Feriduni if you want dat god tier hairline.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you say that ? Is he clearly the guy for hairline restoration ? Pics/stories/opions valued ?

He's the EU Rahal and does the strongest hairline work imo.

TowerT

Reaction score
Cool ! Has anyone here had work done by Feriduni or Rahal ? And are they far more expensive than the likes of De Reys ?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah they're much more expensive. From what I've seen, Dr de Reys is great at more advanced norwood cases, he is very good at taking bald people and making them look a lot less bald using relatively low numbers of grafts. I haven't seen any amazing hairlines, but that may be because he uses far less grafts than other surgeons. I'm going to him for my hairline, which may sound stupid given that there are few amazing hairlines pictures from him, but my main reason for choosing him is that he gets the best graft survival rates, something important to me as an NW2.5 diffuse thinner with an NW6 destiny and fine hair - not the greatest hair transplant candidate. If I had thicker hair, a lower Norwood destiny, perhaps I would go to a Turkish surgeon instead.

TowerT

Reaction score
Golden Mane I will be following you closely with that. Have you been in contact with him already ?
Would it be possible to hear how many Grafts he quoted you, price, waiting time ect ?