Does Topical finasteride Really Not Go Systematic? Why Do No Big Company Offers Topical finasteride Then?

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They were more sensitive and puffy, and the glands would hurt to touch.
It was my experience, with approx 0.1 % topical finasteride, in minoxidil vehicle.

I think it would be interesting to see differences in individuals how topical formulations are absorbed into the bloodstream. We get treated like hypochondriacs for getting side effects from topical treatments.

I got pulsatile tinnitus with both minoxidil and adenosine, which I don't usually have and it is a very annoying symptom (but also slightly concerning). I've been getting similar symptoms from hair thickening peptides too, which probably means they act as vasodilators to some extent. No problems with any skin care products whatsoever (and I've used MANY).

I had bad systemic effects from finasteride too so probably won't try a topical formulation. Again, I have needed to take many medications and have never had serious side effects with any except finasteride (limp dick) and sulfasalazine (migraines).

ahmad029

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting to see differences in individuals how topical formulations are absorbed into the bloodstream. We get treated like hypochondriacs for getting side effects from topical treatments.

I got pulsatile tinnitus with both minoxidil and adenosine, which I don't usually have and it is a very annoying symptom (but also slightly concerning). I've been getting similar symptoms from hair thickening peptides too, which probably means they act as vasodilators to some extent. No problems with any skin care products whatsoever (and I've used MANY).

I had bad systemic effects from finasteride too so probably won't try a topical formulation. Again, I have needed to take many medications and have never had serious side effects with any except finasteride (limp dick) and sulfasalazine (migraines).
I am also suffering from finasteride, almost 3 years have passed, hoping for a recovery.
I also have tinnitus after stopping finasteride, it was very loud at first, now after years, it is barely noticeable, may be I have gotten used to it.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am also suffering from finasteride, almost 3 years have passed, hoping for a recovery.
I also have tinnitus after stopping finasteride, it was very loud at first, now after years, it is barely noticeable, may be I have gotten used to it.

no recovery after 3 whole years !?

ahmad029

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you on minoxidil at any time? That can cause tinnitus. I don't think Finasteride can.
I was using minoxidil alone prior to finasteride for almost 6 months never happened than,
it happened when I quit finasteride,
And got " crashed ", when all the sides gets very bad and some new ones come along.
It's normal in post finasteride group who gets persistent sides,

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the cost? Could he write a scrip that gets filled anywhere in canada? Otherwise I'm thinking of essegen 6 from minoxmax but I don't see results from anyone on it on here.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the cost? Could he write a scrip that gets filled anywhere in canada? Otherwise I'm thinking of essegen 6 from minoxmax but I don't see results from anyone on it on here.

You have to see either Dr Wong or Dr Hasson in person in Vancouver for this prescription. The only pharmacy that can get it in Canada is one located a block away from their office in Vancouver. It is compounded and shipped from Italy I believe. You can find other pharmacies that will compound it for you, you’ll have to do some research.

It’s $260 for a 3 month supply, however that is based on a once daily application. Dr Wong has suggested I use it only once every 3 days to start. So in theory this supply will last me over 6 months.

Just as a note, each 1ml pump of the topical contains 25mg of finasteride.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp DHT is not what really matters in male pattern baldness though. What matters most is the DHT within the dermal papillae of the hair follicles. This is the DHT that most needs to be inhibited. The late Bryan Shelton, who was an extremely knowledgeable and respected member of these forums, used to frequently mention this fact in his posts. It is not known how much of the DHT within the dermal papillae is inhibited by topical finasteride by means of direct absorption through the skin rather than by the finasteride being absorbed into the bloodstream first and then making its way into the follicles.

wow. any more info on this?