Does Topical finasteride Really Not Go Systematic? Why Do No Big Company Offers Topical finasteride Then?

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Just posted on the other topical finasteride thread ill repeat it here :-

Remember there was also that somewhat pointless Phase lll from Admirall earlier this year testing their liposomal Finasteride this is actually set to seek approval in Q4 of this year, if that was the case it would have to wait around 2 months for it to be approved so we could be looking at a new form of topical finasteride available( my source is hairlosscure 2020 though so I suppose a grain of salt should be pinched) . We are still non the wiser about its side effects though as Serum T and DHT were never tested.... but we may at least have something we can trial ourselves by next year.

Hairloss cure 2020:-

"
Update: June 6, 2019
It seems like P-3074 will be called ALM12845 when finally released. Per Almirall’s first quarter 2019 filings:

“The top-line Phase III results for ALM12845 (androgenic alopecia) in the EU show statistical significance for the primary end-point (Change of Target Area Hair Count) at week 24. We expect the submission in Europe of ALM12845 in Q4 2019.”

My guess is that a “submission” in Europe means the same as in the US: i.e., the company is filing for approval to sell the new drug after successful Phase 3 trial completion."

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Serum t and dht were tested, just only over one week
that was a separate study though right? a previous one. If not thats even worse as they are clearly covering up the fact that the DHT declined after the first week

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately at their dose, the best response was the 100 microlitre (1/10th of a milliliter!) application @ 0.25% concentration, which obviously is nowhere near enough to cover a scalp. I'm wondering if further lowering it to 0.025% and using 1 ML would be as efficacious? As far as i recall, there was only a ~25% reduction in serum DHT (and a 50% scalp reduction), which was the best ratio in the study.

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to read but I think the microlitre is amount of finasteride, no idea how they measured it in volume. 100ul was .224 mg and 200ul was 0.445 mg per the abstract. Although hassan and wong are doing 25 mg liposomal fwiw

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to read but I think the microlitre is amount of finasteride, no idea how they measured it in volume. 100ul was .224 mg and 200ul was 0.445 mg per the abstract. Although hassan and wong are doing 25 mg liposomal fwiw
There isn't any volume, you wouldn't be exercising your fingers right now if there was. What kind of f*ckboi ruins element of surprise?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
„Scalp DHT is not what really matters in male pattern baldness though. What matters most is the DHT within the dermal papillae of the hair follicles. This is the DHT that most needs to be inhibited. The late Bryan Shelton, who was an extremely knowledgeable and respected member of these forums, used to frequently mention this fact in his posts. It is not known how much of the DHT within the dermal papillae is inhibited by topical finasteride by means of direct absorption through the skin rather than by the finasteride being absorbed into the bloodstream first and then making its way into the follicles."

Opinions? asked this in #72 but no answer

SomeoneHasToSayIt

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys make of this: http://cyber.sci-hub.tw/MTAuMzEwOS8wOTU0NjYzOTcwOTE2MDUxNw==/mazzarella1997.pdf

TLDR: This study tested a very low concentration of finasteride in a topical solution and still reported benefits without (supposedly) systemic effects. If you math out the actual quantity of finasteride applied to the scalp and assume about 10x less of it ends up in the bloodstream than does oral finasteride (a conservative estimate) then compare to the DHT inhibition curve in the oral finasteride FDA data, you find that systemic effects should indeed be negligible.

So it seems to me that the question is not whether or not topical finasteride goes systemic (obviously some quantity of it will), but whether or not low doses can offer therapeutic benefits without significant systemic effects. Thoughts?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
„Scalp DHT is not what really matters in male pattern baldness though. What matters most is the DHT within the dermal papillae of the hair follicles. This is the DHT that most needs to be inhibited. The late Bryan Shelton, who was an extremely knowledgeable and respected member of these forums, used to frequently mention this fact in his posts. It is not known how much of the DHT within the dermal papillae is inhibited by topical finasteride by means of direct absorption through the skin rather than by the finasteride being absorbed into the bloodstream first and then making its way into the follicles."

Opinions? asked this in #72 but no answer