Does Topical finasteride Really Not Go Systematic? Why Do No Big Company Offers Topical finasteride Then?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll give my two cents on this. Last week I threw out about $250 of my compounded Minoxidil, Finasteride, and Bimatoprost from Regenere, MD that I had been using for about a year and a half. I had no bias regarding the effects of Finasteride prior. I had high hopes for this combo because, I've used Minoxidil for years but it had no effect on stopping hairloss or producing growth. What I did experience was a very slow reduction in libido and erection ability to the point of avoiding sexual situations. No other changes in health or diet. After six months, things are slowly crawling back. I won't advise others on its use or non-use, I only know how it affected me.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll give my two cents on this. Last week I threw out about $250 of my compounded Minoxidil, Finasteride, and Bimatoprost from Regenere, MD that I had been using for about a year and a half. I had no bias regarding the effects of Finasteride prior. I had high hopes for this combo because, I've used Minoxidil for years but it had no effect on stopping hairloss or producing growth. What I did experience was a very slow reduction in libido and erection ability to the point of avoiding sexual situations. No other changes in health or diet. After six months, things are slowly crawling back. I won't advise others on its use or non-use, I only know how it affected me.
How was it for your hair?

nypdz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral has a higher chance of reaching your nuts and joystick than topical.

Sides WILL EXIST but their severity will differ.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For a 100ml %0.1 solution
Crush 100mg equal finasteride tablets
Mix it with 70ml etanol, shake and sit for 24 hr, shake well every three hours.
Filter it thru paper filter.
Add 30ml ppg to filtered solution.
Done.

Or you can use minoxil as solvent.
60mg crushed finasteride for 60ml minoxil.
Sit it 24 hr, shake well every three hours.
Filter it and youre done.

how long would such a solution last?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how much mg finasteride do you use per month in average if you go the topical route?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Everything applied to the scalp goes systemic. Once you study scalp vasculature you will understand why. There is not, and never will be, a finasteride formulation that does not enter systemic circulation and cause side effects elsewhere. It is a pipe dream that people would be better off forgetting already.

I have been using topical finasteride for ages, 0 sides. Logic would dictate that as the finasteride enters throught the scalp, it encounters reductase which would bind with inmediately instead of going throught your whole f*****g bloodstream, so topicals make sense to me, explain why this is wrong.

PS: It hasn't stopped my balding.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I have been using topical finasteride for ages, 0 sides. Logic would dictate that as the finasteride enters throught the scalp, it encounters reductase which would bind with inmediately instead of going throught your whole f*****g bloodstream, so topicals make sense to me, explain why this is wrong.

PS: It hasn't stopped my balding.

Different arteries carry blood flow through the scalp just like anywhere else. The drug absorbs through the scalp into the blood stream. It is then systemic. There is no debate it goes systemic because it does. The question is is some lost through absorption or maybe stronger locally and then weakens farther out or what.
It might have less sides. We just dont know.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Different arteries carry blood flow through the scalp just like anywhere else. The drug absorbs through the scalp into the blood stream. It is then systemic. There is no debate it goes systemic because it does. The question is is some lost through absorption or maybe stronger locally and then weakens farther out or what.
It might have less sides. We just dont know.

well i mean there a few studies on the matter..

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
unfortunately there's just an abstract:
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546639709160517
no side effects reported on 52 persons (in 16 months , which is not bad) and its coherent with the - allegedly- flat line response of finasteride

and this one:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29972712
"The combined solution also had minimal effect on plasma dihydrotestosterone levels, approximately 5% reduction. There were also no systemic adverse events reported by patients in both groups."

need to be studied more but there's something.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can somebody answer this question:

1. how much ml of 100ml %0.1 solution do i apply on scalp per day? and where? all over the head?

2. how much mg finasteride do you use per month in average if you go the topical route? more then compared to the oral route right?

smtbbcn

My Regimen
Reaction score
can somebody answer this question:

1. how much ml of 100ml %0.1 solution do i apply on scalp per day? and where? all over the head?

2. how much mg finasteride do you use per month in average if you go the topical route? more then compared to the oral route right?

Sorry for late reply.

1ml twice a day, like minoxil. You can apply only balding areas.

You will apply 2ml a day so thats 2mg a day. Oral route is 1mg a day.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
seems like topical finasterid or Dutasteride Mesotherapy is safer then topical oil lol

Lavender oil found in soaps, shampoo, and laundry detergent 'causes boys and girls as young as THREE to develop breasts'
  • Researchers studied children who had breast growth before the age of eight
  • They had been exposed to lavender products for at least a few months
  • Their tissue growth 'dissipated' when the products were removed
  • Further tests in the lab showed essential oils can disrupt hormones

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...etergent-causes-young-boys-girls-develop.html

More evidence essential oils 'make male breasts develop'

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-43429933

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To get the "100 (0.2275 mg)" dose used in this study, is that effectively 1/4 of a 1 mg finasteride tablet, dissolved into a topical solution?

And they are leaving this solution on the head all day, similar to minoxidil? There would be no value in putting this into a shampoo instead of a topical?

look at answer #15