Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Lol, ok, I am a little confused by the discussion here. So, bottom line, do you guys think I should look into getting some Proxiphen even though its expensive and stuff?

Also, what are these copper peptides everyone's talking about? I keep noticing people talk about them on the forums but I have no clue what they actually are. Could someone please fill me in?

Sorry I am asking so many questions btw. I am a noob at these things. :)

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:
Lol, ok, I am a little confused by the discussion here. So, bottom line, do you guys think I should look into getting some Proxiphen even though its expensive and stuff?

Also, what are these copper peptides everyone's talking about? I keep noticing people talk about them on the forums but I have no clue what they actually are. Could someone please fill me in?

Proxiphen is very expensive and the quantity you get is small

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Bryan said:
I wouldn't recommend either the conditioner OR the shampoo! I doubt that they have much in the way of active ingredients. Just use the Revivogen liquid itself.

Oh wow, I am stupid. I just checked their site and realized that I placed an order for the wrong thing. Lol, hopefully I can alter or cancel that order.

Bryan said:
I can't figure out what product it is that you're referring to! Can you hide its name more carefully? Like say "R o g a i n e", instead of "Rogaine"?

Lol, last time I did that on these forums a mod messaged me, so I dunno, haha. But it starts with a P and ends with "illus." Its probably garbage though cause the site looked very sketchy. :/

Thanks for all your help and input btw. I really appreciate it! :)

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
israelite said:
Proxiphen is very expensive and the quantity you get is small

Would you say that the extra vitamins or whatever it is are worth it though? Other than that, its pretty much the same thing as Rogaine, right?

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
israelite said:
I use proxiphen on the hairline

Would you say that its more successful than just Rogaine by itself? And the topical part of Proxiphen essentially is just Rogaine, right?

Also, whats the deal with Spironolactone? I saw it in online store on this site. Do people like it? What do you guys think of it?

Jacob

Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:

Seriously? You read all that and ask- "do you guys think I should look into getting some Proxiphen even though its expensive and stuff?"

There is no evidence that it's better than plain minoxidil. If you read that one thread I linked to- Dr. Proctor from day 1 has lied about there being studies for the product, and then over the years makes up claims about the products that are B.S...talks about "mysterious ingredients" that aren't on the label, etc.

On the copper peptides...here's one page on it: http://reverseskinaging.com/hairloss5.html

israelite..don't you use quite a few things? :shock:

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:
lso, whats the deal with Spironolactone

topical spironolactone is absorbed by the skin and acts as an anti-androgen
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2972662
my guess is that its weak, but if u have weak Androgenetic Alopecia then you may as well use it if you can't use propecia.

oral spironolactone needs to be done under the supervision of a doctor monitoring your hormone levels, probably liver and kidneys, potassium bla bla bla
it will act as an anti-androgen everywhere in your body

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:
Bryan said:
I can't figure out what product it is that you're referring to! Can you hide its name more carefully? Like say "R o g a i n e", instead of "Rogaine"?

Lol, last time I did that on these forums a mod messaged me, so I dunno, haha. But it starts with a P and ends with "illus." Its probably garbage though cause the site looked very sketchy. :/

I just did a Google search on "P_illus" (without the extra space), and didn't see anything that appears to be a treatment for hair loss. Sorry.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
You are more likely to see better results with provill-s then proxiphen. But then again best stick with proven treatments ! Since neither of these meet that :jackit: um

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:
israelite said:

Would you say that its more successful than just Rogaine by itself? And the topical part of Proxiphen essentially is just Rogaine, right?

Proxiphen is UNQUESTIONABLY more successful than Rogaine by itself! In fact, of the dozen or so ingredients in Proxiphen, minoxidil could very well be the LEAST important of them all!

Proxiphen has powerful SODs, including not just copper peptides, but also TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN (those last three items are almost exclusively associated with Dr. Proctor's products). It has numerous other ingredients, too, like phenytoin and spironolactone. It could quite possibly be the most effective topical for treating hairloss of them all.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
You are more likely to see better results with provill-s then proxiphen.

"P_rovillus": add a few vitamins and minerals and throw-in some saw palmetto and Rogaine just for good measure, and what do you have? Something that's better than...(long, tension-building drum roll) PROXIPHEN!!! ROTFLMAO!!

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
majorsixth said:
You are more likely to see better results with provill-s then proxiphen.

"P_rovillus": add a few vitamins and minerals and throw-in some saw palmetto and Rogaine just for good measure, and what do you have? Something that's better than...(long, tension-building drum roll) PROXIPHEN!!! ROTFLMAO!!

Lol.. How many times must it be brought to your attention the only real active ingredient in both is the minoxidil ? They wouldn't have a hope in hell of stimulating hair without it. To the sensible, minoxidil can be obtained easily at a much lower price. Do your selves a favour and avoid becoming a member of the scammed club ! Spammers like Bryan won't like it, but at 15 years it must surely have run it's course. Time to change the record and stop the :spam:

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bryan
Proxiphen is UNQUESTIONABLY more successful than Rogaine by itself! In fact, of the dozen or so ingredients in Proxiphen, minoxidil could very well be the LEAST important of them all!

Really ? Ok, i shall approach this in a scientific manner. Prove what you have written is true to the new customer which you are trying to recruit.

Post the link to the evidence that clearly shows and supports that proxiphen as been tested in clinical controlled trials and found to be more effective then rogaine minoxidil alone.

I seriously want to see this evidence !

goodburner

Reaction score
I'm 19 too and have a receding hairline. Started using Rogaine 5% about 4 months ago. I have very thin hair growing at the temple regions and it kinda looks like it is filling in. To be honest, I was expecting something more.

But, on the other hand, my hair loss has definitely decreased a lot. I used to have tons of hair fall ONLY from the frontal region before I started Rogaine. Now, its just two or three strands when I bath. I'm completely happy with that.

EDIT: I also notice that my eyebrows have thickened alot :dunno: , and some hair on the forehead.. It's really really thin though.. Nothing apart from that.

I'm switching to Kirkland Minoxidil from this month. Kinda sucks to go to dropper from foam but Rogaine was way too expensive for me.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
SimpsonKnight said:
israelite said:

Proxiphen has powerful SODs, including not just copper peptides, but also TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN (those last three items are almost exclusively associated with Dr. Proctor's products). It has numerous other ingredients, too, like phenytoin and spironolactone. It could quite possibly be the most effective topical for treating hairloss of them all.

Ok....Kevin/Hairlosstalk/mod(s)...seriously. Why is Bryan able to shill this crap....for 15+ years? Others do not get away with this for even a day.

Maybe a new thread devoted to this question :dunno:

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Lol, who would have thought that a hair loss forum could have so much drama. :p

Well, it seems that the general consensus regarding Proxiphen isnt a very positive one? Honestly, I would definitely give it a shot if it were easy to get in Canada but at this rate I would have to email the doctor directly to get some which seems kinda like a hassle. Also, sine its very expensive I am thinking that maybe for now Ill just stick to the Rogaine and Revivogen. I can try Proxiphen whenever and just replace the Rogaine with it, right? Since the topical solution is pretty much the same?

In regards to Provill-s, so its actually maybe worth giving it a try? I would cancel my order but the sketchy site wont let me, lol. Its not a total scam, right? Its not like its just sugar pills or something like that?