Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:
I've vaguely heard of Proxiphen before but now that you mentioned it I did some research and it does sound very appealing. Do you think it could be used in conjunction with Rogaine or would it be better by itself?

Probably either one would be okay: either by itself, or with Rogaine.

SimpsonKnight said:
Also, do you know if either of those, Proxiphen or Proxiphen-N, are available in Canada? So many things arent. Lol.

Call (or email) Dr. Proctor's office and ask him about getting them sent to you.

SimpsonKnight said:
And I just placed an order for some of the Revivogen stuff. Would you recommend getting both the conditioner and shampoo or just the shampoo? I got both for now but I am just wondering for the future.

I wouldn't recommend either the conditioner OR the shampoo! I doubt that they have much in the way of active ingredients. Just use the Revivogen liquid itself.

SimpsonKnight said:
Also, yesterday, kind of on an impulse buy, I ordered a 4 months supply of *******. You know, that thing that starts with a P and is blocked on this site? Which I assume is not a good sign, lol. I read this blog where this guy was saying that this product is the best regrowth agent out there. Should I return my order when I get it or do you think its worth giving it a try? I tried cancelling it but it wouldn't let me. That site is pretty sketchy. Lol.

I can't figure out what product it is that you're referring to! Can you hide its name more carefully? Like say "R o g a i n e", instead of "Rogaine"?

SimpsonKnight said:
Sorry, just one more question. Laser combs - what are your thoughts? Do you think they are worth the money? That was the last question, I promise. :)

I have no knowledge or opinion on whether or not laser combs work. Sorry.

Jacob

Reaction score
israelite said:
i wonder if i can dump ahk copper petides in prox n?

That would make sense if you already have prox n- might actually do something then. Buying it just for that purpose would be insane, and you'd be supporting the snake-oil'n industry.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
SimpsonKnight said:
I'd suggest using something which has been tried and tested for decades: prescription "Proxiphen", or a cheaper over-the-counter version called "Prox-N". Those are designed and produced by a local doctor who is a real expert on treating hair loss. They attack the problem in multiple ways, using a variety of drugs and chemicals. Proxiphen and Prox-N are expensive, though, especially Proxiphen.

The same products..tried and tested for decades..and yet still no evidence for the the claims made on the crap. A "real expert on treating hair loss" would be a trichologist.

Bryan has been shill'n the crap for decades. Dr. Proctor has been snake-oil'n for even longer. Read more here:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72201

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
israelite said:

That would make sense if you already have prox n- might actually do something then. Buying it just for that purpose would be insane, and you'd be supporting the snake-oil'n industry.

why wouldn't prox work?? It has copper peptides doesn't it??

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
israelite said:

The AHK-Cu peptide probably isn't as effective as the TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN peptides.

Jacob

Reaction score
2020 said:
Jacob said:
israelite said:

why wouldn't prox work?? It has copper peptides doesn't it??

Who really knows? And not the ahk ones in that study for sure- that would require a much higher % anyway. Which is why he's asking if they can be added to Prox.

We also don't know what all is in Prox-N..since Proctor/Bryan for years have been telling us there are ingredients in the product that aren't on the website or label. Do you really want to put that on your head? :shock:

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
israelite said:

The AHK-Cu peptide probably isn't as effective as the TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN peptides.

Have any evidence for that?

I'll answer for you- NOPE.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'll buy whatever Bryan is selling. I'm pretty sure it works to some extend so it can't hurt to try....

Jacob

Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense. A bald, probably 60+ year old shill'r...pushing the same products for 15+ years..doesn't even use the products himself anymore(since they worked so well)..questions others and demands evidence, yet can't do the same for Proctor's crap...etc etc etc. OBVIOUSLY it's gotta work. To some extent.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
2020 said:
I'll buy whatever Bryan is selling. I'm pretty sure it works to some extend so it can't hurt to try....

I'm certainly not "selling" anything, but Proxiphen/Prox-N would be excellent things for anybody to try, especially guys who are having trouble (side effects) with things like Propecia. Who knows? Proxiphen could conceivably be the most effective product of all.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
That makes a lot of sense. A bald, probably 60+ year old shill'r...pushing the same products for 15+ years..doesn't even use the products himself anymore(since they worked so well)..questions others and demands evidence, yet can't do the same for Proctor's crap...etc etc etc. OBVIOUSLY it's gotta work. To some extent.

yes... and how old are you? I'm starting to think YOU ARE BRYAN. I never see you two online at the same time. This is all suspicious.... :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

Jacob

Reaction score
You're about as bright as Bryan..maybe you're him :shock:

Not on at the same time? Ok....

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
You're about as bright as Bryan..maybe you're him :shock:

explain why would it make sense for him to promote some product? I doubt he gets paid any... think about it

Jacob said:
Not on at the same time? Ok....

you know what I mean.... look at the online/offline button. When he's offline, you're online and so on. You all argue all the time but whatever :thumbdown2:

Jacob

Reaction score
Oh brother. You do realize there's an option to check so that you're never really "online"......?

And..explain why? Think about it???? If you've got a logical explanation(you know..think about it?) for the below..instead of some stupid..asinine..snide comment..let's hear it.

Bryan is a shill for Proctor and his products. He's been shill 'n spam'n the crap for 15+ years. There are plenty of doctors with hair loss products out there. With patents on their ingreds/products as well. In fact, one of those doctors..Dr. Lee..for all these years.. has been bashed and ridiculed and questioned by Bryan. Bryan wants us to just trust and believe Proctor because he's a Dr, but isn't consistent when it comes to other Drs and their products. There is no evidence for Proctor's/Bryan's claims or wishes. Not only has Proctor not said which specific cu peptides are used, but he and Bryan also talk about "mysterious ingredients" that are not in the ingreds list(s). Snake-oil talk that is supposed to get you even more excited about the products. The same goes for their- "better bang for the buck" talk regarding getting the non-prescription products from places outside of Proctor's website. They want you to believe those cheaper versions are lite/watered-down...are you really going to purchase a lite/watered-down version of a product for something so difficult to treat as male pattern baldness? Buy the "more potent" crap directly from Proctor and he makes a bit more money. And to top it all off...Bryan doesn't even use the products himself, and hasn't since he supposedly did so well on one of them probably 15 years ago! He's pushing crap he supposedly doesn't even use- so don't bother asking him for updated before/afters. For all the reasons above..he should have been laughed out of these forums years ago.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=72217&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Oh brother. You do realize there's an option to check so that you're never really "online"......?

And..explain why? Think about it???? If you've got a logical explanation(you know..think about it?) for the below..instead of some stupid..asinine..snide comment..let's hear it.

Bryan is a shill for Proctor and his products. He's been shill 'n spam'n the crap for 15+ years. There are plenty of doctors with hair loss products out there. With patents on their ingreds/products as well. In fact, one of those doctors..Dr. Lee..for all these years.. has been bashed and ridiculed and questioned by Bryan. Bryan wants us to just trust and believe Proctor because he's a Dr, but isn't consistent when it comes to other Drs and their products. There is no evidence for Proctor's/Bryan's claims or wishes. Not only has Proctor not said which specific cu peptides are used, but he and Bryan also talk about "mysterious ingredients" that are not in the ingreds list(s). Snake-oil talk that is supposed to get you even more excited about the products. The same goes for their- "better bang for the buck" talk regarding getting the non-prescription products from places outside of Proctor's website. They want you to believe those cheaper versions are lite/watered-down...are you really going to purchase a lite/watered-down version of a product for something so difficult to treat as male pattern baldness? Buy the "more potent" crap directly from Proctor and he makes a bit more money. And to top it all off...Bryan doesn't even use the products himself, and hasn't since he supposedly did so well on one of them probably 15 years ago! He's pushing crap he supposedly doesn't even use- so don't bother asking him for updated before/afters. For all the reasons above..he should have been laughed out of these forums years ago.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=72217&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

15 years really??? That's a lot of life wasted... wtf he's a psycho then. idk copper peptites get some good rap in other forums so I'm not sure why you bash them so much.....

Jacob

Reaction score
I am not bashing cu peptides. In fact I may make my own(with ahk) topical with them in the near future. If a product/company/Dr can get a pass just for having generic "copper peptides" in their product(s)...then :dunno: It's not really about what is in the products(although we do not know what all is in them)..but the claims being made..and the same crap being sold for decades and being shill'd by Bryan all that time..and everything else I said in my previous post there.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
I am not bashing cu peptides. In fact I may make my own(with ahk) topical with them in the near future. If a product/company/Dr can get a pass just for having generic "copper peptides" in their product(s)...then :dunno: It's not really about what is in the products(although we do not know what all is in them)..but the claims being made..and the same crap being sold for decades and being shill'd by Bryan all that time..and everything else I said in my previous post there.

can't you just report him instead for false advertisement instead of arguing with him all the time?? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Jacob

Reaction score
It's been pointed out here by me and others that Bryan shouldn't be getting away with it. If you go back over the years you'll see even more ppl calling Bryan on it and questioning it. Why it continues is baffling to us. But since it continues..we will(and thanks to HairLossTalk.com for at least allowing this) continue to call him on it.

You could ask Bryan to just stop...and then all this would end.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
It's been pointed out here by me and others that Bryan shouldn't be getting away with it. If you go back over the years you'll see even more ppl calling Bryan on it and questioning it. Why it continues is baffling to us. But since it continues..we will(and thanks to HairLossTalk.com for at least allowing this) continue to call him on it.

You could ask Bryan to just stop...and then all this would end.

but god damnit!! 15 YEARS AND NO MOD HASN'T DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT!?!? LET'S BAN HIM.