Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Today I finally got a 3 months supply of the 5% Rogaine and am eager to start using it but the thing is, most if not all of my hair loss is in my temple and hairline regions. And its pretty aggressive too. On the box it says that Rogaine is meant to be used on the crown area. Does that mean it wont work at all on the hair line? Is it basically a waste of time to try or is there a chance that it might actually do something?

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
So its worth trying? Ok, thanks a lot! That made me feel better. :)

Cassin

Reaction score
Sure it's worth it!

Now keep in mind minoxidil won't do much for a receding hairline. That's a tough one. You won't be getting back a teenage hairline but it can help grow back loss.

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Lol, I am only 19 myself. And already have to start using Rogaine. Fun stuff. :p

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If the hair follicle is not dead u can restore your hairline

Attachments

• week23,11.jpg
    week23,11.jpg
    612.2 KB · Views: 12,271

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:
Today I finally got a 3 months supply of the 5% Rogaine and am eager to start using it but the thing is, most if not all of my hair loss is in my temple and hairline regions. And its pretty aggressive too.

I think the last thing you should be thinking about using for an "aggressive" case of hairline loss is topical minoxidil ALONE. The available scientific evidence for minoxidil appears to indicate that minoxidil doesn't interfere with the fundamental cause of balding, meaning that your balding will continue, even as you're using Rogaine. What you need to do is to attack it with something that does interfere in some way with the fundamental cause of balding! There are different ways to go about doing that; before going into those possibilities, tell me how much discretionary income you have available to spend on this very difficult problem.

kc444

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
SimpsonKnight said:
Today I finally got a 3 months supply of the 5% Rogaine and am eager to start using it but the thing is, most if not all of my hair loss is in my temple and hairline regions. And its pretty aggressive too.

I think the last thing you should be thinking about using for an "aggressive" case of hairline loss is topical minoxidil ALONE. The available scientific evidence for minoxidil appears to indicate that minoxidil doesn't interfere with the fundamental cause of balding, meaning that your balding will continue, even as you're using Rogaine. What you need to do is to attack it with something that does interfere in some way with the fundamental cause of balding! There are different ways to go about doing that; before going into those possibilities, tell me how much discretionary income you have available to spend on this very difficult problem.

Is that a joke? You need to come up with a sales pitch that doesn't make you sound like a Nigerian prince.

I have seen a lot of growth on my hair line, for the record.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
kc444 said:
Is that a joke? You need to come up with a sales pitch that doesn't make you sound like a Nigerian prince.

It's not a joke, and it's not a "sales pitch". What I said to him was the honest truth.

kc444 said:
I have seen a lot of growth on my hair line, for the record.

I'm sure you have. I was talking about LONG-TERM effects, not just temporary growth from Rogaine.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
SimpsonKnight said:

You despicable salesman. :spam:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:

For telling outrageous LIES about what you think I said in my posts, you're a despicable LIAR!!

Jacob

Reaction score
kc444 said:
Bryan said:
SimpsonKnight said:

:agree:

Even if he now starts mentioning and even recommending other things along with that crap..he'll still be shill'n that crap.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
majorsixth said:

For telling outrageous LIES about what you think I said in my posts, you're a despicable LIAR!!

Liar ! That's an interesting word isn't it ? However, i do believe you have used it in the wrong context. I think you fit the bill much better.

Originally posted bt Bryan
tell me how much discretionary income you have available to spend on this very difficult problem

This is totally out of order, with clear intention.

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Bryan said:

Well, I wanna say I have enough for whatever it takes but unfortunately if you were going to suggest I go to China and get some advanced stem cell therapy or something, then that might be a bit unrealistic but other than that I think I could scourge up enough money for most things.

I did already try Propecia btw, but after only my 11th pill I started getting some side effects, like some pretty notable side effects, so I decided to stop before it got really bad. So ya, I dont think Propecia is the right thing for me. Other than that though, Ill obviously try anything.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:
Well, I wanna say I have enough for whatever it takes but unfortunately if you were going to suggest I go to China and get some advanced stem cell therapy or something, then that might be a bit unrealistic but other than that I think I could scourge up enough money for most things.

I did already try Propecia btw, but after only my 11th pill I started getting some side effects, like some pretty notable side effects, so I decided to stop before it got really bad. So ya, I dont think Propecia is the right thing for me. Other than that though, Ill obviously try anything.

I was afraid you were going to tell me something like what you said in your second paragraph, which is why I asked you specifically about your "discretionary income". A lot of people don't have much money to spend on the really expensive products, so it's always wise for me to ask, first! :)

Out of the products that do what I suggested in my first post to you (use something that attacks the fundamental cause of balding, not just Rogaine by itself), finasteride (Propecia) would have been the first and obvious choice to make. Because you seem to have problems with finasteride, you could also try topical spironolactone. Because there's a lot of controversy and uncertainty about just how well spironolactone works, I'd suggest using something which has been tried and tested for decades: prescription "Proxiphen", or a cheaper over-the-counter version called "Prox-N". Those are designed and produced by a local doctor who is a real expert on treating hair loss. They attack the problem in multiple ways, using a variety of drugs and chemicals. Proxiphen and Prox-N are expensive, though, especially Proxiphen.

You could also consider using "Revivogen", an over-the-counter product which uses topical fatty acids (and other things) to inhibit 5a-reductase. That's a technique which I've been interested in for years.

You could also consider using "Tricomin", although there's a lot of controversy over how much of its active ingredient is actually in the product.

There are other things you could consider, too, but I think the aforementioned products are your best overall bet: Proxiphen/Prox-N, topical spironolactone, Revivogen, and Tricomin. But WHATEVER you do, have something more than just Rogaine in your regimen! :)

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
I've vaguely heard of Proxiphen before but now that you mentioned it I did some research and it does sound very appealing. Do you think it could be used in conjunction with Rogaine or would it be better by itself?

Also, do you know if either of those, Proxiphen or Proxiphen-N, are available in Canada? So many things arent. Lol.

And I just placed an order for some of the Revivogen stuff. Would you recommend getting both the conditioner and shampoo or just the shampoo? I got both for now but I am just wondering for the future.

Also, yesterday, kind of on an impulse buy, I ordered a 4 months supply of Provillus. You know, that thing that starts with a P and is blocked on this site? Which I assume is not a good sign, lol. I read this blog where this guy was saying that this product is the best regrowth agent out there. Should I return my order when I get it or do you think its worth giving it a try? I tried cancelling it but it wouldn't let me. That site is pretty sketchy. Lol.

Sorry, just one more question. Laser combs - what are your thoughts? Do you think they are worth the money? That was the last question, I promise. :)

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Bryan said:
SimpsonKnight said:

omg :whistle:

Lol, I think I missed something. Is that a bad a question to ask on these forums? Forgive my noobishness, I am pretty much new here. :)