Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
goodburner said:
I'm 19 too and have a receding hairline. Started using Rogaine 5% about 4 months ago. I have very thin hair growing at the temple regions and it kinda looks like it is filling in. To be honest, I was expecting something more.

But, on the other hand, my hair loss has definitely decreased a lot. I used to have tons of hair fall ONLY from the frontal region before I started Rogaine. Now, its just two or three strands when I bath. I'm completely happy with that.

EDIT: I also notice that my eyebrows have thickened alot :dunno: , and some hair on the forehead.. It's really really thin though.. Nothing apart from that.

I'm switching to Kirkland Minoxidil from this month. Kinda sucks to go to dropper from foam but Rogaine was way too expensive for me.

If I could get my hair to at least stop falling out I would be very happy!

How do you apply it? Do you just put it on the temple area or also at the centre of the hair line? And do you put it mostly on places where there used to be hair or also on hair thats still there? Do you do it just twice a day or more?

Thanks for sharing btw, the fact that you managed to stop your hair from falling out made me feel a lot better about my chances! :D

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Ok....Kevin/Hairlosstalk/mod(s)...seriously. Why is Bryan able to shill this crap....for 15+ years? Others do not get away with this for even a day.

Oh, I see....are YOU the one here who calls the shots about WHO gets to talk about WHICH treatment? Does the same thing go for Propecia and Rogaine?

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:
Ok....Kevin/Hairlosstalk/mod(s)...seriously. Why is Bryan able to shill this crap....for 15+ years? Others do not get away with this for even a day.

Oh, I see....are YOU the one here who calls the shots about WHO gets to talk about WHICH treatment? Does the same thing go for Propecia and Rogaine?

He's just pointing out it's unfair that you are being allowed to spam when others aren't.

But in relation to propecia and rogaine, remember, they are both real scientifically tested, proved treatments, unlike the rubbish you continue to shil.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
SimpsonKnight said:
Well, it seems that the general consensus regarding Proxiphen isnt a very positive one?

It depends on whom you ask. Most people you see talking about Proxiphen here on HairLossTalk.com don't know anything more about it than your neighbor you see washing his car on the other side of the street. They don't know any more about Proxiphen than your mother, or your Aunt Matilda! :)

SimpsonKnight said:
Honestly, I would definitely give it a shot if it were easy to get in Canada but at this rate I would have to email the doctor directly to get some which seems kinda like a hassle.

Getting prescription Proxiphen is a bit more of a hassle, but certainly not completely impossible; that's because you're in Canada. If you were here in America, it would be much more of a big deal.

Something else you could do is obtain the non-prescription version (Prox-N) from the LEF Foundation. They'll mail it to you directly, without any prescription problems. Their price is cheaper, too.

SimpsonKnight said:
Also, sine its very expensive I am thinking that maybe for now Ill just stick to the Rogaine and Revivogen. I can try Proxiphen whenever and just replace the Rogaine with it, right? Since the topical solution is pretty much the same?

Proxiphen is "pretty much the same" as Rogaine?? Not quite! :)

SimpsonKnight said:
In regards to Provill-s, so its actually maybe worth giving it a try? I would cancel my order but the sketchy site wont let me, lol. Its not a total scam, right? Its not like its just sugar pills or something like that?

I doubt that there's anything to "Provill-s". It's just some vitamins and minerals, with some Rogaine thrown in. On a list from 1 to 10 of sophisticated treatments designed by a doctor, I'd give it about a "1". :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
He's just pointing out it's unfair that you are being allowed to spam when others aren't.

I suppose that's fair, except that you keep calling it "spam". I don't personally gain anything by promoting Proxiphen, any more than I would gain anything by promoting Propecia. Maybe the thing to do would be to ask the mods here why _some_ posters are hassled for expressing their views, but not others.

majorsixth said:
But in relation to propecia and rogaine, remember, they are both real scientifically tested, proved treatments, unlike the rubbish you continue to shil.

I've answered that complaint before, you nitwit! Dr. Proctor is a DOCTOR, and he's been through medical school. Where did YOU go to medical school?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Man in Space said:
Keep it up Bryan you might just close the deal!

I'm hoping to close the deal with your mother.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:laugh:

Oh Bryan that did make me chuckle!

Now why did you have to make a joke at me, i just sincerely wanted to say keep it up, your doing a real good job working on simpsonknight and i think he might just cave if you keep on closing the deal.

Please accept the compliment in the spirit its intended! You are really good at what you do

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:

No, you see..I asked a question. Notice my "why" in there? YOU, on the other hand...have said a number of times that YOU can say whatever YOU want- acting like YOU are the one who calls the shots.

"Does the same thing go for Propecia and Rogaine?" That's your brain on Proxiphen. Any questions? :shock:

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
SimpsonKnight said:
Well, it seems that the general consensus regarding Proxiphen isnt a very positive one?

It depends on whom you ask. Most people you see talking about Proxiphen here on HairLossTalk.com don't know anything more about it than your neighbor you see washing his car on the other side of the street. They don't know any more about Proxiphen than your mother, or your Aunt Matilda! :)

Most of us do know. More than ever before.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72201

And btw...

Something else you could do is obtain the non-prescription version (Prox-N) from the LEF Foundation. They'll mail it to you directly, without any prescription problems. Their price is cheaper, too.

The crap is the "Lite" version. It's watered down. Cheaper..I wonder why? See the link above.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Man in Space said:
:laugh:

Oh Bryan that did make me chuckle!

Now why did you have to make a joke at me, i just sincerely wanted to say keep it up, your doing a real good job working on simpsonknight and i think he might just cave if you keep on closing the deal.

Please accept the compliment in the spirit its intended! You are really good at what you do

Good ? Oh really ! He can't produce one shred of clinical evidence to back the garbage he's pushing. Yet still expects everyone to just take his word for it. Keeps babbling on about it being different because he knows a doctor...how pathetic is that.

He should either produce proper proof, if he can't then he should give it a rest !

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan doesnt have to produce evidence because he knows better than everyone else on this forum, didnt you know?. If everyone was like bryan, wed all spend half our time promoting unproven treatments on various hairloss forums for apparently benevolent reasons yet failing to use them ourselves. Thats the kind of world i want to live in, majorsixth you are too cynical! Look at what you could become if you just dared to dream, like bryan did when he was a young man, that one day he would grow up trawling hairloss sites trying to corner unsuspecting people who are vulnerable into paying over the odds for a dubious product. He is quite remarkable.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Man in Space said:
Bryan doesnt have to produce evidence because he knows better than everyone else on this forum, didnt you know?. If everyone was like bryan, wed all spend half our time promoting unproven treatments on various hairloss forums for apparently benevolent reasons yet failing to use them ourselves. Thats the kind of world i want to live in, majorsixth you are too cynical! Look at what you could become if you just dared to dream, like bryan did when he was a young man, that one day he would grow up trawling hairloss sites trying to corner unsuspecting people who are vulnerable into paying over the odds for a dubious product. He is quite remarkable.

Yes i guess cynical is a good description :agree: But if the truth be known i wasn't always this way ! I was once pleased to read other people anecdotal accounts of their success and treatment approaches, well, that was until Bryan spent the last 4 years constantly reminding me that anecdoctal accounts aren't worth the time to read as they submit no actual proof, and evidence is needed, double blinded controlled ones

Yes you could say that my actions are due to having a good teacher Byran It's just a shame he can't follow his own teachings. Like submit some real proof for proxiphen Obviously he hasn't got any and therefore :spam:s the sites with hypocrisy.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan is a great teacher, you must be a bad pupil if you dont believe him!

You dont need double blinded studies when youve got Bryans word for it. Also, although he is a big advocate of clinical studies it doesnt matter when it comes to this because fortunately the dr has years of experience and
he can personally vouch for him and say the Dr is a top man. I was worried about now knowing what was in the treatment to begin with but as Bryan pointed out, out of the goodness of his heart, it wouldnt do us any good to know whats in it as we are not Drs so we dont need to know, phew thats a relief!. I think he makes a great point, i dont think they should tell us what goes into any product in the world ever again now because we dont need to know, why would we? They tell me what goes into my chocolate bars, whats the point, were not chefs!! Plus its hardly fair on the manufacturer to have to disclose whats in their chocolate bar, as another company could come and steal their delicious recipe. Think about it man, were actually totally out of order that we should want to know whats in it, its an insult to the drs intelligence and we could put the dr out of business? Would you want that on your conscience?!!

No, I used to be cynical but Bryans arguments are so persuasive that as he helpfully pointed out, I must be stupid not to believe him.......... :whistle:

Bryan, now that my mind is hollowed out through your posts, how can i purchase this fantastic unproven, dubious product with my large discretionary income?

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BRYAN IS LEGIT!!! HIS PRODUCT WORKS! I WENT FROM A NW6 TO NW1 IN TWO WEEKS!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
2020 said:
BRYAN IS LEGIT!!! HIS PRODUCT WORKS! I WENT FROM A NW6 TO NW1 IN TWO WEEKS!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Really? Wouldn't that constitute as a miracle of some sort if you did? I mean that would mean Proxiphen is like the single greatest hair regrowth agent ever?

Also, is Dr. Proctor his real name? Cause if it is, than thats an awesome name.

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Dude..he's joking.

Yeah..an awesome name :shakehead:

Awww... lol I kinda figured but it would be nice if he wasnt. :D