Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Thanks for your help everyone! I think for now I will stick with the 5% Rogaine stuff as well as Revivogen and see how that goes. Thanks again! :)

Phantom

Reaction score
hi SimpsonKnight, we seem to be in the same boat. Im also new to this and have problems with my hairline. Im going to buy minoxidil, but not sure if i going for the foam or the liquid. i heard people on the foam got a worse thinning-period when they just started useing it compared to those on the liquid. might just be bullshit, but worth considering. So kirkland or Rogain thats the choice.

im also going to buy a good shampoo, maybe also conditioner or anything if its nessecary. so "nizoral" is the key ingredient I would be lookng for? what about "Fungoral" whats the differnce between these two?

so guys what shampoo is the "must have"
I got long hair and I feel I shed a lot. I know its normal but I think im sheding more than useal. So I want to STOP this.

just a bottom note: Im not on finasteride or any other products to prevent hairloss.

cheers D

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Lol, Ill be honest, I know very little about this stuff but from the reading that I've done it seems that the foam is infinatelly easier to apply because it dries very fast and doesnt leak. This would especially be true for the hair line where the liquid would roll down your forehead.

On the subject of shampoos, pretty much everyone seems to think that Nizoral is a necessity so I placed an order for some. Havent had any experience with yet though, so I dont have any advice.

I also have long hair, and really hope I can keep it. :] Best of luck!

smitty1977

Reaction score
I too have the same concerns about Rogaine use on the hairline. I've been using it for 2 days now on the crown and hairline, morning only, to get my head used to it and gauge reaction. I'm just hoping it doesn't destroy my hairline. I'm not concerned about losing hair from it...as long as it grows back!! Btw, I have been using Nizoral 2% every few days for at least 5yrs. It's a great shampoo and relieves my scalp itch.

Ihavenoconfidence

Reaction score
Hiya mate, incase you are feeling slightly ****ty about your hairline just know that im 17 and my hair is halfway back my head...iv tried minoxidill but sadly i didnt realize it wont regrow your hairline just thicken thinning patches. Now my hairline is minoxidll dependant so im trying to ease off it. Never the less, although i wear hats alot, im not too afraid with showing off my 60 yr old hairline and by not particularily worrying (and therefore not giving repelling subconscious body language) i have a good social life and a girlfriend...yeah sure i look at weird as hell but hey its just the situation you're given. You're only real solution for getting back hair is a hair transplant...or accepting it,hitting the gym and trying to look good in every other way.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm currently 1 month in and there's new hair on my temples, it is still miniatiurized, but I can say that they are new since their pattern doesn't match my already miniatiurized hair, but there's like 2 or 3. I think that it revived some of my hair that was about to die since that area got bald 2 months ago. Now, I believe in Rogaine, but I still don't expect for it to be as effective as finasteride or hair transplant. Shedding has almost stopped, but I still get those ****ing white flakes and my hands are numb, because I use spray and you have to rub minoxidil on scalp with your hands when you spray it on it. BTW, my hairloss started 1 year ago and It feels that I'm already in the process of slowing it down.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This post is a prime example of how threads can derail quickly on here :/

Simon Spaak

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a very interesting topic.
I always read everywhere that Minoxidil is only effective in the vertex (back) of the head.
In my particular case, if I stop using Minoxidil for a couple of weeks I feel that the hair loss starts, also in the hairline and temples.
I am not a salesman and I don't recommend any Minoxidil brand, personally, I use the cheapest I find.
I use Minoxidil for 8 years and actually, Rogaine is the worst brand I have used.
I wrote an extensive post on Minoxidil on my blog.

Warlord2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a very interesting topic.
I always read everywhere that Minoxidil is only effective in the vertex (back) of the head.
In my particular case, if I stop using Minoxidil for a couple of weeks I feel that the hair loss starts, also in the hairline and temples.
I am not a salesman and I don't recommend any Minoxidil brand, personally, I use the cheapest I find.
I use Minoxidil for 8 years and actually, Rogaine is the worst brand I have used.
I wrote an extensive post on Minoxidil on my blog.

8 years!this is pretty impressive!I have few questions for you if you are ok with that:
Do you recover the hairs lost when you stop using minoxidil for 2 weeks?
What are the frequencies of your shedding periods?
Are you maintaining pretty well all that time?
It is very rare to discuss with a long term user of minoxidil alone.
Thanks man